Poll

Vote for your favourite story/stories. (Links to stories below.)

Escape Room Rape
1 (5.9%)
Forbidden Passions in a Darkened Room
7 (41.2%)
Atonement
6 (35.3%)
The In Between Space
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: August 14, 2021, 07:41:22 PM

Author Topic: July 2021 Writing Contest Poll  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Army of One

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 119
July 2021 Writing Contest Poll
« on: July 31, 2021, 07:41:22 PM »
Voting will now commence for the winner of the July 2021 Contest. You will have 14 days from posting to vote for up to two stories that you enjoyed.

Entries are:

If you haven't already, please read through the entries before voting.

I'm also doing things a little different than before. This will be a completely secret vote; results will not be revealed until after the vote has concluded.

Good luck to all our participants.
Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
Re: July 2021 Writing Contest Poll
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 09:01:58 PM »
Let the competition begin in earnest, and let me be frank about this, why are people named Ernest and Frank and why do we use their names like we do?

Again, read and vote. :) I hope I come in at least in fourth place.
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 09:59:43 PM »
One teeny, tiny complaint, I can't watch the voting progress without voting. I do not always vote for any story in the contest, but I like to watch the votes.

Oops missed this tidbit.
I'm also doing things a little different than before. This will be a completely secret vote; results will not be revealed until after the vote has concluded.

Good luck to all our participants.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 12:47:12 AM by 90lbsofdynamite »

Offline RapeU
  • Senior
  • Merits 19
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 01:43:58 AM »
It was tough to choose two. The other three were much better than mine was by far.

Offline Army of One

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 119
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 02:21:56 AM »
One teeny, tiny complaint, I can't watch the voting progress without voting. I do not always vote for any story in the contest, but I like to watch the votes.
Yeah, this was a decision on my part alone, and I justified it to myself with the explanation that, if no-one can see the results until after, they're more inclined to be honest about their votes instead of following the trend at the time. Depending on how things go, this may change in the future.
Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 09:11:22 AM »
Yeah, this was a decision on my part alone, and I justified it to myself with the explanation that, if no-one can see the results until after, they're more inclined to be honest about their votes instead of following the trend at the time. Depending on how things go, this may change in the future.

No argument from me. I didn't realize that option existed.

Offline EnabranTain

• Undergrad
  • Merits 130
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2021, 05:55:17 PM »
Thanks, Army for facilitating. I agree a secret vote until all the results are in is best.
Good luck to everyone!
No one bad is ever truly bad, and no one good is ever truly good.
-Loki

More of my stories can be found at
AO3KB, or RU

Offline bobbyjoecrossdresser

• Sophomore
  • Merits 4
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2021, 12:46:24 PM »
I finally voted, I have read each story three times. That is just how difficult it was to make up my mind this month. I'm holding my breath, waiting for the results. Okay, I'm not actually holding my breath.
Boys make the best Girls

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2021, 02:25:15 PM »
If votes are as high as the views we should have a lively contest going this month. So, I'm hopeful. I do know, a lot of non members, use these contest to find stories to read. Still, I am so hoping we can have a good turn out on the voting.

Offline bobbyjoecrossdresser

• Sophomore
  • Merits 4
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2021, 11:02:30 AM »
Not long now!!!
Boys make the best Girls

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2021, 02:30:32 PM »
Let me say the following, we now approach the hour of the great revel of the first poll of the newly revamped Great Monthly Ravish U writing contest. I find it a privilege and a pleasure to be in the company of the other three contestants. All the work is excellent. All of you deserve the top spot. I’ll gaze at the victor, knowing I did my best. And I’ll be bloodied but not bowed, just giving you a nod to show you won. Best of luck to each of you, RapeU, SoftGameHunter, and EnabranTain. Remember, in the next competition, we all begin as equals.

Offline RapeU
  • Senior
  • Merits 19
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2021, 09:59:40 PM »
That was close. I'm actually surprised that someone voted for mine. I'm going to have to rework that story at some point. It got off to a great start but I couldn't figure out how to end it. Also there's something missing from it besides a better ending, but I'm not quite sure what.

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2021, 11:34:51 PM »
I enjoyed the story, RapeU, loved the woman getting away and the man trapped. :) You may be right about needed some punch to it or something. I can't honestly say I know what would improve the work. It one of things were you just need to read and read until the light bulb blinds you.

I had a longer outline to the story i wrote. But the outline would take me down a road I couldn't go because of the restriction of the single room function. I outlined, and started, a different story which I may complete at some point.

I'm just happy you guys, and especially army of one, is keeping the contest going.

Editing my post, sorry RapeU, I did enjoy your story, but I was thinking of Escape Room by EnabranTain when I made the comment. I'll have a read through again on yours. Forgive my stupidity, please, RapeU.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 09:47:11 AM by 90lbsofdynamite »

Offline EnabranTain

• Undergrad
  • Merits 130
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2021, 12:42:29 AM »
Congratulations 90lbs! Your work is always incredibly evocative. Well deserved!
No one bad is ever truly bad, and no one good is ever truly good.
-Loki

More of my stories can be found at
AO3KB, or RU

Offline Petite99S

• Senior
  • Merits 45
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2021, 03:44:04 PM »
Thank you for your submissions everyone! Each story was genuinely evocative.
Here's to Good people, good nights, Good highs, good health. Some tears, some stress. But I count my blessings. Here's to Good music, great sex. Little time to feel alive. Little time to get it right