Author Topic: A Spring Melody (An Erotic Horror)  (Read 10209 times)

carhamgrater
Re: A Spring Melody (An Erotic Horror)
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2021, 11:28:18 AM »
Oh love how you are bringing "Dark Jessica" into the story really bringing the supernatural element to the fore front! Nice to see the 'psychics' are coming out of the surrounding area to be part of the lore of the house and grounds. Can't wait to see how the spirits play with them! Merit awarded from me!

Offline Rachel_Thornton

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1267
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2021, 02:30:50 PM »
An amazing continuation for a story that is really gaining traction and weaving tales from the past into something that is becoming more and more terrifying with each additional chapter.
Some wonderful moments as we see Nathan and how he has progressed since the murders and a loose thread from Dark Jessica has been resolved as we see the moment Nathan makes contact with Bridget.
Also Trevor making an appearance and it does seem as though Rockford House has been attracting the mentally unstable this day.
Really enjoyed the interactions with the characters and the final moments with Myles and Dawn was enough to create a shudder up and down the spine!!!
Awesome chapter and very deserving of a merit. Keep up the great work as your true fans and readers enjoy every part of this story.

Tony V.
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2021, 03:28:42 PM »
I just got caught up with this terrifying and excessively well written Tale!!

Now that things are being blended together, this is shaping up to be one HELL of an ending!!

Tony V.                       :police:

Offline Seeker

• Graduate
  • Merits 1000
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2021, 09:25:11 PM »
This gets more and more complex and intriguing. Bringing Dark Jessica in was wonderful, connecting and strengthening the world building and backstory. I'm interested in what that will mean for Nathan in his exile... This is such a fascinating universe. The interactions between Myles and Dawn really are chilling, two forces that feel like there will be explosions down the line...
"Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darkness of other people." Karl Jung.
                                             You can find my portfolio of stories at http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=44259.0

SheerHose33
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2021, 08:26:35 AM »
Thank you all for supporting this slow burner.
It’s a vast horror so it will have chapters of setup and scene setting.
But I promise you’ll get some good stuff soon.
Thanks for bearing with me.

Jess xxxx

SheerHose33
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2021, 08:28:06 AM »
Come Dine With Me

The day had come finally and the 16th of December was the date for the gathering of Rockford House.
Myles’s brainchild to bring in a new year of positivity and cleansing of the house and his guest list had all RSVP’d back to him with the exception of his mother who he knew would never set foot there. He’d told her he’d see her Christmas Eve but she just brushed him with the usual line of. “I want to see my son, you are not my son anymore”. Myles shrugged her off but deep down it upset him. If that was a cost of having the power he was nearly inclined to ditch it, but how could he let go of something that made him feel almost like a God.

It didn’t stop his extravagant slightly younger sister Olivia and her now fiancé Jonathan Harwood from being on the guest list and staying the night. He’d only received nothing but well wishes and support from both of them. Heath and Faye would be there as their relationship was blossoming. Then the guests. Business acquaintances of his late father   Sir Ross Ballard, His wife Elizabeth, and daughter Portia. Marcos Davenport and his wife Penny, Marcos’s father John Lawrence Davenport once owning Rockford House, Roy Burnett MD of Gladstone Holdings , and his wife Linda. He had met them both in the summer at the now infamous Thornton Dinner Party and they had business ideas but Myles wanted more than ideas of the cockney.

Finally the make up the numbers, Dawn’s new Psychologist and general therapist Dr Christine Yardley, a very professional lady in her late thirties who had recently under the instruction Myles  been brought in to check over Dawn from time to time. She was fascinated by the case and something about her triggered Myles to ask her as a guest to his dinner.

She was single and though he was with Clemente he wanted to make her jealous.
Clemente had invited an old friend from university that worked at Sir Ross Ballard’s White  Moss house as a physiotherapist and personal trainer and it bothered him why she was so intent of inviting him.
So Myles decided to play a double edge and seeing Clemente was a Medical School dropout, inviting the buxom blonde Doctor flashed a beacon of “too far” to Clemente’s intentions

The house was decorated for Christmas, and Heath with the help of the strange but obedient gardener Trevor, managed to fell  a nice spruce treetop and it was imposing and extravagant on by the grand staircase. Other trees were brought in and the ballroom and the conservatory had one too. Clemente, Sue and Faye had fun decorating the house and it really looked a picture of classic English countryside festivity. It transformed the house from a grey leering building to one of happiness hope and joy.

With Enzo working over time in the kitchen to get the winter themed food prepared for the meal, Sue managed to have the place laid out better than it ever was and even played Classical Christmas melodies in the ballroom and laid out mulled wine and mince pies for the reception of the guests.

Myles dressed in his best brown suit with a red and green festive tie inspected the house with Heath who also made notes on what needed to be done in the new year.
He was amazed by how the house turned out. Even though he has his first row with Clemente the evening before over the choice of guests, he commended them and said that Rockford House was finally a home.

Clemente was in a scarlet long gown and with a sliver faux fur scarf that hung luxuriously. Faye was in a short green and red tartan frock complete with black tights and red heels.  Heath had taken a notebook and his digital camera and took pictures of ant defects of the house and noted the changes Myles wanted to make in almost military fashion. It was decided the cellar would be left the way it was and Myles was even considering sealing it up again.
He returned to stand by his partner Faye as the first guests and the most familiar ones to Rockford House arrived. Myles’s sister and her partner Jonathan.
They weren’t dressed formally yet and had their overnight bags with them.

Olivia smiled at her brother. She respected him with deep family loyalty and though thought his new demeanor as slightly peculiar, she didn’t question it and tried to act more as a bridge between his now distant mother and him.
Myles respected Jonathan and had given him his blessing many times, sober or otherwise. Jonathan was a big shot in IT like Olivia and had been with her the last four years and were engaged.

They met Myles inside and hugs and handshakes exchanged. They were used to Rockford House and Olivia had taken to Clemente and was warming up to Faye too. 
“Goodness the roads were bad, lucky we left at the crack of dawn” Olivia remarked as she handed Myles a bottle of red wine. He looked at it with impresses eyes.
“Try that, it’s so crisp and mellow” Jonathan added.
“Well at £700 a bottle it should be” laughed Olivia.
“The usual room?” said Myles as they walked up the grand staircase. Jonathan and Olivia almost had their own residence in the house. The smallest room but overlooking the gardens and the top of the summer house.

They came down after an hour and Olivia had put on her gold and black long number. She was very slim at the waist and was envy of many including Clemente and Faye who drew her aside to remark on her outfit and compliment her hair.
All brandishing a mulled wine. Myles led them all into the ballroom, and Sue who was dressed for the occasion had laid out drinks on a makeshift bar.

Next to come was Christine Yardley, dressed a lot different to her recent visits to Dawn and insisted she’d check on her patient regardless of the occasion.
Then the arrival of Marcos and Penny Davenport who arrived in a clean large black taxi. They were staying in the nearby  Cliffside Hotel due to Marcos’s elderly father making him promise not to stay at the house.

More handshaking and embracing and presenting of bottles as gifts ensued. Though the Davenports brought a very decadent hamper titled “Tastes of the English Farmhouse”. Not long after them, arriving in his sliver BMW salon Roy Burnett and his wife Linda. They shuddered as they entered the house and thanked Myles for letting them in. A bottle was absent and also to Faye’s disgust Linda was wearing a real mink fur coat over her navy blue dress.

“Well it’s strange being here again and under much different circumstances” Roy shuddered and rubbed his hands together as he took a mulled wine off Sue who was now constituted to serve them.
“Still the house does feel different, a bit warmer perhaps and I don’t mean the fire” he chuckled as Linda looked around.
“It’s shocking to be here after so much........” she trailed off.
Myles shook his head. “There is a policy that we shan’t discuss the past tonight, we shall toast Mr Thornton and remember the tragedy but this is an event of rebuilding and festivity, it’s been a hard year for all of us” he said sadly.
“Yes of course sorry about your loss too” Roy clutched his arm.

Linda was led by Clemente to place her bags up to a room and by a coincidence it was the same room they’d stayed in earlier that year at the infamous Thornton Dinner Party. She remarked on that when she returned.

Marcos Davenport was talking to Heath and Faye when he looked over to Roy Burnett.
“A pirate” he remarked. “Look at him laughing and his “friend” not dead 7 months.
“You have history with his company Gladstone Holdings?” Heath asked.
Marcos nodded. “His company carved out the Davenport name almost to extinction but we are bouncing back. That man lives and grows fat on our misery” he sneered and Penny rubbed his arm to bring his mood to a more relaxed level.

Finally another car pulled up to the large house and the black suited middle aged driver opened the doors of the claret colored Rolls Royce limousine.
“Thank you Morris” Sir Ross stepped out and took his wife’s hand and then a solemn looking Portia. Finally a younger brown haired well dressed man. It was Chris Muldoon. There was no overnight bag, the Ballards weren’t staying and despite the weather being too poor for local air travel, Morris would stand by to drive them all the way back to Surrey no matter what time it was

“I don’t think it’s that foggy, I’d have managed to land that helicopter” Portia murmured for 17th time to Chris.
“Better safe than sorry” he said as he walked with her. “Yes but all that traffic and things……” Portia made a face. 
She looked at the house.

“My word, what a bitter place” she remarked. Her mother nodded. “I agree this is insane but we’ll keep a face” she held her husband’s arm with slight fear.
Portia brushed down her tight black velvet pleated dress and her mother did the same with her rose colored one.
They were greeted very formally by Myles and Clemente, then Heath and Faye. Finally Jonathan and Olivia, and a polite nod from the Davenports whom they knew already but lately had kept a distance with what was said on the rumor mill in regard to the world of horse racing.

The evening started like a macabre , over the top, Christmas edition of the popular British show Come Dine With Me, the clinking of glasses and small talk commenced all the while cutting into the classic Christmas mix was the 1930s song, Anything Goes. This just added a bout of merriment to the festive guests.
Myles was really feeling the power that night as he zoned in on Roy Burnett who looked uneasy being surrounded by his late friend’s enemies, in his late friend’s home where his late friend met his bloody end only a flight of stairs away.

Meanwhile, far away up to London’s bursting busy streets. Logan waited patiently on the riverside for his date. Brandishing a bouquet of mixed dahlias He was both excited and apprehensive. She was like no one he’d ever met before, not even close. She was in a different league,. He was well brought up and on the better side of the still existing class barriers in the UK, and on paper his upbringing and education, exceeding hers, but he wasn’t talking about classes, she was above him in every way, so he thought. He was a confident man, born with all the assumed statuses possible, he never found it hard to get a lady by his side but even he struggled with confidence to ask her out. It wasn’t her beauty that was obvious, or her cool icy manner, or her well known rise above personal tragedy. It was something else, a sort of magic is all he could describe.

He met her at campus and though she stuck to herself, he couldn’t get her out of his mind. That quick confident “hello”  he gave her when he first saw her was reduced to bumbling for her phone number on a later date. To finally finally getting her to come out with him. It was more than dating a celebrity to him. When she accepted that they went to London together and ice skating at Somerset House  which was his suggestion. He actually got butterflies in his stomach. That had never happened before for any woman in his life to that point.

He got his father  to drop him to the tube station and made his way to the canal bank. Well dressed in a navy shirt and khaki slacks, and well polished brown shoes. He wore an expensive brown jacket  with a fleece collar. He’d even been for Turkish hot towel shaver that day, as though their texts and several quick campus conversations had been few. She let on she didn’t like beards.

Then through the hefty London traffic , a silver BMW saloon pulled over and a man got out and  automatically opened the back door, letting out a, a tall skinny silver haired woman. She wore a black coat with a silver lining, and under that was a pleated long shimmering skirt, and silver heeled ankle boots. What showed of her legs were covered by the slight gloss of nude colored hosiery. She strolled casually towards him, her silver strands straight and plaited.
Logan wondered who the man was. He was mid twenties and seemed overly helpful towards his date. His heart raced.

“Well you made it” he blurted out. “Though you must be mad driving through all this traffic at this time of the day” he said it to  the man who was with her. The man studied Logan hard and then said with coldness. “Take good care of her now”.
The woman just waved him off abruptly.

“Really…..there is no need for such chauvinistic concern , I’ll be fine, and I’ll ring you when we are done. Find something to do, maybe you could meet your city friends……” Then she laughed aloud.
“Oh sorry, they’ve all forgotten you exist! I’ll be ready when I’m ready and you’ll meet me here” she said with sharp command.
The man just nodded and walked back to his car.
Logan was bemused.
“Wow, who was that? Crikey, that was a bit harsh. Is he your brother then? Logan’s questions filtered out his apprehension.

“He is a family friend, or rather was a friend of my sister’s, he’ll do as he’s told……anymore questions? Or is hello not what we say up in Hertfordshire?” She stared at him coldly.  He handed her the bouquet of flowers. She took them and looked at them and shrugged. “We are going ice skating, how am I supposed to carry these around? I mean thank you for the thought but don’t you give me flowers after skating?” She then smiled. “You know……..no ones ever bought me flowers before……I don’t really know how to accept them.”
Logan who’s heart sank was lifted again.
“That’s understandable, I’m sure we can put them somewhere, while we hit the ice”He offered his hand. She took his arm. He felt something, just a slight tingle running up it.

“Sorry about the questions, I’m just wondering who he was, that’s all, so he’s not your brother then? I don’t know how I feel about that” Logan liked things to be transparent and by the book.

His date stopped. “Are you going to be one of these possessive ‘what are you doing every minute?’ types” she asked. “If so, I’m going home” she looked serious.
Logan quickly flapped his hands and apologized. “No……no, Its quite alright really, I’m sorry Summer, let’s start again” he held out his arm again.
She took it, and he felt that same slight twinge. “Let’s go for a drink first” it wasn’t a request but more of an order. Logan nodded and inside he was kicking himself.
“Yes let’s” he couldn’t afford to lose her already.

Back in Rockford House the evening was proceeding as planned. Enzo had the food nearly completed, and Sue was helping him plate it up.
Myles was in a conversation with Marcos and Penny Davenport who were concerned about the house and of Marcos’s father who owned it.
“He never spoke about it much, never made much of a profit either” Marcos said. “He wouldn’t let us come down here at all, and he didn’t stay a night. He’s not a superstitious man and we won’t be telling him we came here, he’s lose his reason” Marcos said between sips of champagne. Myles just nodded.

“The place has a map of myths to navigate, but the proof is living here and waking up to God’s England every morning. There is no place I’d rather be, of course bad things happen in every house but we can’t define a place by its unlucky or unhinged people”
Clemente and Heath had joined and nodded.
“Yes we’ve stayed here a good while, there is nothing we can say that’s out of he ordinary” Clemente remarked trying not to catch the eyes of Chris who was trying to get her attention.

“What’s the business about Robert’s daughter? Marcos asked. “Shes here isn’t she?”
Myles nodded. “She’s home here, no one else was taking care of her, but here she is safe and well” he said with victorious godlike mannerism.
Clemente made a face but no one else noticed.
“But he had two daughters and a son didn’t he?” Marcos pressed the issue. “Also the rest of his his…….family” Penny stopped herself saying a profanity.
Myles excused himself. “I must mingle with other guests, I’m sure Clemente can fill you in”

Myles quickly asked Roy and Linda were they ok. Roy was discussing the finer points of female tennis to Chris.

“Well Roy, have you considered it a spook house yet?” Myles said with disdain.
Roy shrugged. “I don’t think so anymore, I walked upstairs just to see where……my friend met such a horrific end…….it doesn’t seem right now” He shuddered.
“Good but let’s keep the past to the past no matter how recent the past is” Myles said with an eerie tone. “Mr Burnett…..I do hope you have a good evening” he tapped Roy’s sweating brow with his index finger. Linda and Chris looked at him curiously.

Roy was taken aback and he clearly felt something. He laughed nervously. “What ever you say Mr Knight” he then shrugged.
Myles walked away to talk to Portia who was sitting on a suite talking to Faye.

“Strange sort of chap” Roy said as he wiped his brow. “Now what were we talking about?” He looked at his wife and Chris.
“Tennis players in their short skirts I believe” Linda said rolling her eyes.
“Yes!!!” Roy said loudly rubbing his palms.
“Did you ever want to just bend one over and fuck her to next week over the net, I mean we all thought that right?” He laughed aloud.
“Roy!!!” Linda exclaimed. Chris just nodded.
“Excuse me Mr Burnett, Ma’am” and he departed the pair and found his way to Clemente who took him aside to talk to.
“What did I say…….” Roy looked at his glass.
Myles stated over at him just as Christine went over to him to discuss Dawn.

Offline Rachel_Thornton

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1267
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2021, 11:34:34 AM »
Well written and thought out continuation to this chilling and provoking story where we know that things are never as they seem to be.
We are seeing the beginnings of a gathering and as we know from the previous classic and outstanding story Dawn Of A New Summer gatherings at Rockford House are seldom quiet affairs without incident.
Loving the gradual build up and your tease of what is to come has got me tingling with anticipation.
The characters are as alive as always and the intent of making partners jealous is an interesting choice and I look forward to seeing what Myles will do in order to make his Clemente jealous as she seems intent to cause him some issues.
The Davenports making an appearance and we know how they feel about the Thornton's so their arrival at the former home of their enemy will prove to be well worth reading.
The scenes with Summer were of particular interest and I loved the sensations she was feeling concerning her date and still has a power and hold over her servant, even making a joke that he should go play with his friends except they have forgotten him, a chilling line that I loved as it shows what is the most important thing in his imposed life now.
A classic chapter where we move forwards with the characters and you have built the anticipation to boiling point, I am now waiting to see what bubbles over!!!
Great work and a merit of course!

Tony V.
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2021, 11:39:19 AM »
Again superlatives fail Me. I write in short bursts because I have to......

You Sweet Jessica write such detail, such emotion, such weight into your passages....

I am Jealous!!!

Tony V.                    :police:

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 721
  • But would you really want her?
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2021, 04:36:00 PM »
Well seems I have a lot of reading to do to catch up with this superb story. Love the characterizations I've been introduced to in this part. Can't wait to learn of this tragic past that everyone at this gathering seems so willing to talk about.

There seems to be something off about this Summer character, hoping reading what came before will settle her position for me!

Merit will be awarded when possible (who thought of the stupid one merit rule to begin with?)
When I get around to it, I'll write

dawnamber
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2021, 05:09:06 PM »
If it wasn't  for details, even the best story fails. Jessica is very adept at providing the perfect amount. And leaving us wanting more

Tony V.
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2021, 09:59:41 PM »
Amen, Sweet dawnamber.....AMEN!!!

Tony V.                    :police:

SheerHose33
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2021, 05:32:16 PM »
A Winter Melody

Logan was trying his best to make sure the night went smoothly, but it was challenging. As for Summer she didn’t smile once and kept a moody shrine at her table in the extremely overpriced cocktail bar she’d suggested. However she did pay her way despite Logan’s insistence that he would.
“Well are you sure you don’t want food?” He said for the fifth time.
“No, who eats before skating?” She kept saying.
“It’s my round then” he said dejectedly.
“A dry martini” she had just finished her first. He went with a beer but he only wanted the one.
“So tell me about yourself Logan, how does one of your status have a name like that?” She actually smiled.
“Oh my name was quite different until the chavs got hold of it and ruined it” he said with a smile relieved that she did. “We could say the same about Summer, though it is a lovely name”
Summer’s face hardened and her nose scrunched with her frown. Logan actually loved when she did that.
“I beg your pardon, Mr Jeremy Kyle’s custody battle, but I don’t think I quite follow…..” her eyes began to gaze with scorn and he looked across at them as facing an hostile horizon.

“Sorry, just a joke I meant no offense. Jeremy Kyle?……..what’s a Jeremy Kyle?”
He kept a straight face.
“Oh you know who Jeremy Kyle is don’t be silly” Summer then smiled. And then laughed at his surprised face.
“You idiot” she said playfully and sipped the new drink at her table.
He smiled back. “That now canceled show about the underclasses, presented by a failed womanizing insurance salesman, yes I think I’ve heard of it” He decided to order another beer for himself.

“So what do you like apart from architecture, and Jeremy Kyle?” Logan was now in the position he felt he could flirt to her expense.
Summer laughed again and it was a soft sweet laugh from a part of her life she thought long gone.
“I don’t watch that, but my sister does when it was on, it made her feel better about her own wreck of a life, but I like lots of things. History, fashion, English and French style, horses……Latin” A slow smile crept on her face as if she had remembered something. “I’m getting good with the piano” she murmured as her eyes softened and seemed travel a far distance but never left the table.
Logan was impressed. “Gosh, that’s really something. Love Latin myself, they say there is no need for it but if you can speak that then you can pick up Italian, French, Spanish and Portuguese very quickly, as for piano, you’d like my mother, she plays a lot, she teaches it and……” He pulled out his phone and clicked something on it.
It was YouTube and it was Summer playing the piano earlier in the year at the hotel near Epsom race course.
“I’ve seen you as many have, you are good” Logan remarked as they played the song on it. “23,000 views, that’s not bad……” He was cut off and the phone silenced with her her hand. She seemed angry.
“Why are playing that?” She asked her features as sharp as a snakes tooth.

“I’m just showing you that many people think you are good and I’m impressed I……” He was cut off again.
“Don’t play that………please don’t, I may be good but that day…………was the day my father died…..” Summer’s face was forlorn and lost.
Logan swallowed and kicked himself hard in his mind.
“Oh I’m so sorry Summer, please if I’d have known I’d have never…….. sorry” he tried to caress her hand across the table. She moved hers away.
“It’s ok…… you weren’t to know, I think subconsciously I was playing him a farewell melody……” Summer looked heartbroken for a moment.
“If I was there when it happened…….I’d have stopped it…….I wouldn’t have let that thing that calls herself a mother do what she done and then take the cowards way out. Yet my brother supports her and allowed her to do those things……..” she drank her martini without the grace she once had. Logan listened intensely.
“If I hadn’t had wasted my time with my treacherous sister…… and her birthday of vanity……..I’d have done something” Shelooked at Logan and then shook her head.
“I’m sorry, how I rabble on, you don’t need to hear this tonight, let’s talk about you” Her face softened again.
Logan’s face was of concern. “No it’s fine really, actually you’ve just answered so many questions I’d have never asked you. Let’s talk about something else”. He sipped his new beer and they did.
Summer asked about his family of just his parents and him. “An only child, so a complete weirdo” he remarked with a chuckle. He was studying international studies and had big plans for the future, he made his views clear on poverty and upheaval in the world and his dream was to change it.

Summer was far from impressed. “So let me this straight, you are one of those?” She scoffed.
Logan seemed shocked. “What do you mean one of those?” He asked.
“Oh, I live with Mummy and Daddy in my 5 bedroom house, and I’ll free the world of poverty……..on my gap year…….! You are just like my cousin” Summer seemed light hearted but deep down she was anything but.
“You mean Paloma Hawkes?” said Logan.

“How did you know shes my cousin?” Summer seemed insulted by that knowledge.
“It says so many times on comments under your piano video, what’s wrong with Paloma?, yes her music is questionable but what a heart she has, isn’t she donating proceeds to her last three concerts towards the Ocean Clean Scheme? If I was anything like her I’d be very ambitious. I just can’t sing though” he laughed to himself.

Summer got up her face both fierce and disappointed. “Well why don’t you try hooking up with her then? I’m done, I think we are both playing on different levels here” she gathered her bag and left his flowers.
Logan got up.
“No……sorry I didn’t mean that, I don’t know her, I just thought she’s ambitious that’s all, but I don’t know her…….I don’t like her that way, she wouldn’t be my type”. He seemed to plead with her with a jumble of words.
Summer sighed and sat back down. “Ok Logan, you get one more chance, and let’s not mention Paloma again tonight , one day I’ll tell you what she’s really like and all that ocean saving and abuse victims she cares for is all a big lie, a complete con, she’s evil” Summer said viciously. The hatred in her voice was unmistakable.

“Yes, well tell me one day and I’ll hear you out, and we won’t talk about her, sorry I reminded you of her…….sorry” he said again.
“Stop apologizing it’s a sign of weakness” Summer corrected him. “So you are a champagne socialist then?” She began to grill his ideals. “No……..but I’m not a Tory either, you?” He sipped his beer again.
“Not anymore I’m not but my family were, I think the country has lost its way, and maybe one day I’ll be the one to change that, we are treading down paths of depravity everywhere, we need some form of the old England back, one day maybe one day” she kept saying and seemed so determined Logan was expecting her to march off to Number 10 at that moment.

“Maybe lets not discuss politics, not really good table talk don’t you think?” he tried to change the tone of the evening. He was besotted with Summer, but it was like taking a ship across a minefield to reach a treasure island. Summer nodded.
“Well Wolverine, are you taking me skating or what?” She smiled again.
“Why of course Princess Elsa let’s do it” he responded with a flirty grin. It fell flat at her narrowed eyes. “What have I said now, what have I said now?” He asked twice exasperated at that point.

Back at Rockford House.

Clemente had managed to lead Chris to one side. It was into the conservatory. The fog touched the glass outside.
“Well you took your time in making contact” she said with scorn.
“When did we get the chance? This is all a bit odd, I’m trying to work out what everyone’s role is and what’s everyone’s link is. It doesn’t make sense.” Chris stared outside.

“Well the Ballards, and the Davenports were associated with his father, his sister is here too and as for Roy Burnett I can’t see his business but Myles invited him so I’m keeping an eye on him” Clemente kept her eyes behind her for a moment she felt she was being watched but she heard Myles talking then to his sister and Jonathan.
“This business with the Thornton girl?” Chris said as he sat on one of the soft wicker chairs.
“Bizarre……just bizarre, but that box is what the issue is, she’s guarding it Chris” Clemente said. “I got it once and it’s the only time Myles looked at me wrongfully, I thought he was going to strike me…..” Clemente didn’t sit down. She seemed nervous.
“So we are taking it tonight?” Chris suggested.
“Yes, I’ll create a distraction and you go up to the second last room on the left on the middle floor. It will be unlocked and it’s…….there……with her” Clemente made her instructions clear.
“Mr Ballard is leaving tonight as Morris is driving so it would be easy to get away, he won’t suspect  a thing, then HQ will get what they want and I can carry on with the Epsom assignment. What will happen to you?” He was concerned
“You know me Chris, he’ll get wild about the box, blame me for someone taking it and then I’ll just leave, it’s not like I’m in love with him, I just give him my body sometimes, part of the job, and another thing that is never in this house, bizarre I know but I think it’s to do with her” she looked up. “Dawn, he’s still in love with her and I think that’s we he won’t do anything with me here. That’s all I can think of and I think I’ll also find out she’s a charlatan if she reacts to you taking the box” Clemente rubbed her hands together.

“You sound disappointed” Chris laughed with his own scorn.
“I’m not, but …..” Clemente started but then footsteps entered the conservatory. It was Faye and Portia.
“Oh are we disturbing you two?” Faye said with a giggle.
“No we are catching up and it’s nice out here, we used to be in college together” Chris told the lie many times to many people.

“Oh good we don’t want Myles to get jealous” Faye chuckled. Clemente looked at her sharply.
“Or your Rachel!” Portia smiled knowingly at Chris.
“Rachel? Whose Rachel?” Clemente turned to Chris.
“He’s never told you about Rachel? Rachel Tyler whose father is our estate manager. Well how could she turn away from the best personal trainer we’ve ever had. Portia squeezed Chris’s muscular arms.
“It is love I’m sure, he lives at her house and all, true love!” Portia said again. Chris wondered what her game was. “Well we are seeing each other” he blushed.

Clemente looked at him darkly. “Love eh…….” Then she walked out.
“Oh sorry was it something I said?” Portia said flatly.
“No I think she was annoyed I haven’t told her, we are kind of close friends you see and we usually tell each other things” he flustered.
“Did you two have a thing?” Faye asked boldly induced by the extra alcohol she had knocked back.
Chris changed the subject. “What are you two doing in here anyway?” He quizzed.
“Getting away from that fat cockney idiot” Portia said. “He’s vulgar and drunk” Faye added.
“Yes I got that impression off him, right I’ll see to him” Chris left the two of them.

The guests were sitting down. Roy seemed red face and Chris could hear Linda apologize to a shocked Christine about his behavior.
“He’s really not like that, I don’t know what’s wrong he’ll lay off the drink now, I’ve had a stern word” Linda told Christine.
Chris sat next to Sir Ross.
“Hes a mess” Sir Ross filled him in. “He tried to kiss Christine”

The meal went quickly and there was tension in the air. Enzo’s sea bass proved to bring everyone to a pleasant level.
“Your cook is fantastic, that goats cheese tartlet was divine” Marcos complemented  Myles about the starter.
“Yes very nice” Portia.

“So how are you settling into Britain again after being away so long?” Roy was back on the wine and fixed his hazy eyes on Marcos.
“Very well thank you, we have a new place with my family, in Chobham, and recently bought the Mills Inn in Ascot, it will be opened again in February, we have plans in it and some other ventures but I’m sure you already know about them Roy” Marcos said confidently.
Roy just nodded. “Yes, well that’s the problem any gangster can get property these days through trusts and syndicates, a real cowboy system it is” he returned to his food.
“You’d know” Marcos returned back.
Roy laughed. “Oh the Davenports return with a bang, I must admire you, your boots stained with your father’s shit”

“That’s enough” Sir Ross came in abruptly. “There are ladies present, let’s keep the past’s conflicts to the past and it’s Myles’s dinner”
Roy said no more and his wife once against murmured to him to keep his behavior to some sort of standard.
“Don’t worry about me, sometimes the past would be better settled over dinner” Myles said coolly. Olivia looked nervous. Heath kept his eyes on Roy.

The dinner was sullen and they went through the strawberry cheesecake delicately.
It all started after dinner again.
Portia was encouraged by her father to play a few songs on the piano and Myles was impressed by her skill. It reminded him of Summer though and that made him bitter but he kept his past feeling hidden and gave her more applause than anyone else.
Clemente decided she didn’t like Portia, she was too perfect and she was looking forward to getting the dirt about her and the brewing racing scandal from Chris.
Christine was talking to her holding a glass of wine.
“He’s repulsive, and I’m speaking as just Ms Yardley and not a doctor” she spoke about Roy who had staggered up the stairs.
“Isn’t he just, but you know what men are like once they’ve had a few and are led on” she walked away from the shocked Christine.

Myles was talking to Olivia, Elizabeth and Penny.
“She’s a wonderful player, you must be very proud of her” he remarked to Elizabeth.
“Yes she’s a shining light,  we couldn’t have children you know ,but the day she came into our lives, we were so happy, she’s never let us down, she’s our daughter” Elizabeth gazed at her daughter fondly.
Myles nodded and gazed with her.

Faye and Heath danced elegantly across the ballroom, as the piano jingles followed their steps.
Olivia and Jonathan joined them, so did Marcos and Penny. Chris found his hands clutched by Clemente and she led him out on the ballroom floor that has hosted many feet over the decades.
“So whose Rachel……. You are in love then?” She started.
Chris said nothing but followed her dancing well. Clemente noticed that Myles hadn’t even noticed her he was talking with Christine and a hapless Linda who was still apologetic towards her.

“You can’t avoid me Chris, I know what you are like, you can give  your body but you can’t give your heart, are you in love with this woman? And you had to bring up my former mission…..” Clemente was annoying him but he told her the truth as always.
“Yes…….I think so but……..she’s not really part of the Ballards” he said.
“Not part of the Ballards, her father is their estate manager…….Chris you can’t fall in love with every woman you come into contact with, you’re like a clingy James Bond” they carried on dancing.
“So you aren’t in love with Lord Myles?” He asked coolly.
“No I know how to use people for the right ends”.
“Isn’t this risky, what if Myles gets jealous?” He said as they danced a little too close.
“Look at him. He’s lost in the jingle of that princess” Clemente couldn’t keep her annoyance out of her voice.
“And I thought he’d go for the doctor…..” she added.
“Right we must keep our wits about us, soon I’ll start the diversion, either he’ll get annoyed at me dancing with you or I’ll get annoyed at him ignoring me then it’s time for you to act. I mean you could excuse yourself but what I’ll do is make it awkward for everyone so people will want to head home, then you are away with the box in Ballard’s car” she had it all worked out. Did you get that?” She whispered.
“Yes…….” He said sullenly.
“Pretend Rachel, said it then” she remarked coldly. “In love…….we’ll see about that…….” she pulled him closer to her.

While Portia played Winter melodies. Sue was up in Dawn’s room and had finished washing her after dinner. She had left all the plates downstairs in the kitchen until the morning, and Enzo had left after being told he outdid himself with the meal

Dawn was compliant and just laid on her side in a black nightdress that Myles had left out for her. She watched Sue. Christine had been up to see her but hadn’t got any insightful response either,
Sue was just leaving her wishing she hadn’t long left to the hateful task of caring for Dawn when the door creaked open and a drunken red faced Roy peeked inside.
“Everything alright?” He asked.
Sue knew he was drunk and had been told of his disgraceful behavior that night.
“Yes I’m ok, are you? This isn’t your room” she added.

He fully stepped in. “No it’s not but I’m not tired………are you?” He licked his lips.
“Yes I am and it’s time to go to bed, this isn’t your room though, so maybe you should just kindly leave this one alone” she was afraid she didn’t like the way he just lingered.
“The last time I saw her she was a bit more active was Robert’s daughter…… he walked over to her. Still so pretty……” he rubbed Dawn’s face. “Just like her mother……always wanted a slice of her, but I respected Robert then……..” he carried on stroking Dawn’s cheeks.

Sue pulled back his hand.
“Mr Burnett, that will do, you are drunk and this is highly inappropriate, let’s just move out of here and I’ll forget this happened right?” She tried her best to sound firm.
He turned and laughed at her. “Yes you’ll stop me right, stop me from what though? “Me doing her, or doing you?” He reached out and grabbed her arm pulling her towards him. She tried to pull away.
“Mr Burnett, leave me alone, you are married and I’m…….52!” She spoke the words as if her age would save her.

“Sexy for 52!” He remarked as he pulled her face close to his and gave her a sloppy wet kiss on her shocked lips.
“When was your last time?” He asked as he pulled her hand painfully to touch his crotch, she felt with horror his bulge was hard under his suit trousers.
She pulled her hand away. “Please leave me alone, I’ll scream” she fiercely exclaimed as his stubbled face slobbered at her neck.
“Shut up” he bleated as he shoved her roughly across the room. She fell up against Dawn’s dressing table.

Sue was shaken as she tried to push back the advancing Roy.
“Please get back, don’t hurt me” she tried to reason again, but this time she was pushed up against the wall, and the lecherous Roy’s hands pinned her to it and with his weight pressed himself against her. Dawn carried on just laying to one side, oblivious to what was unfolding in her room.

Sue’s cries for help weren’t loud enough and were muffled out by shocked gasps as she felt her khaki suit skirt being raised by the eager hands of Roy who let go on of hers. She tried to fight him off with her free hand but he was too strong, he tore at her tan tights and large beige knickers as he pulled her to the floor.

Sue was a battler and tried once more to raise her knees to push him off but he was much too heavy and forced his way between her legs and hit her across the face with his back hand. With the other he tugged her tights and knickers down her legs so they were stretched and her sex exposed as he hoisted her skirt higher around her waist. With all her strength she tried to push him off, and tear at his face, as he hit her again, this time drawing blood across her mouth.

“Come on maid bitch, let me, av it!  He fumbled with his trousers and he got his hardened pulsing organ out and tried to position it against her dry sex. Her body writhed in agony at his lunge. Her womanhood felt torn by his ghastly member that stretched her unready lips open and pressed it forward again. His weight lunged on top of her.
Sue had no other choice than to just take it at that point, and he grimaced as she shrieked a muffled cry as he was fully inside her. There and then on the floor of Dawn’s room with her back to them, he raped the house keeper, with each thrust he battered her sex to excruciating pain as her sex became raw from the friction of his    member.

He pressed his mouth to her bloody one  breathlessly and thrusted in and out as slowly her body adjusted to his size, it took some of the pain away but every hump he gave her was a shaking filling dull thud of uncomfortable aching. His weight crushed her and then she faced his licking tongue that seemed to clean her mouth of her blood that he caused.
She felt his movements become more harder and his breathing and gasping began pants off closing climax.
“Not in me……….please not in me…….” She struggled to whimper as she felt him tense up and growl a pulsating wet orgasm deep inside her. He sucked her lip between as he groaned and she shuddered.
It was over, and he laid on her panting as a lover would. Then he softened and his manhood withdrew leaving a trail of his evidence of assault oozing out of her battered sex.
He got up and panted and coughed.

“Not bad, not bad at all” he said smugly and left the room.
Sue just laid on the carpet, frozen and afraid to even move. Her womanhood, seething with pain and her body engulfed with shame and unseen dirt.

Roy walked out not even noticing Dawn. Sue looked up and she saw Dawn had turned on the bed and faced her. Her eyes stared down at the broken woman on the floor. Then Sue saw the slow smile that emerged on Dawn’s face for just a second as she silently mocked her carer for a moment. Then the blank face returned and Dawn’s eyes turned upwards and closed starting her own nightmare.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 07:01:02 PM by Jessica_33 »

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 721
  • But would you really want her?
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2021, 07:08:17 PM »
So an intriguing subplot has been introduced. Will the pair manage to get the box or will the house protect itself against them. and What will Dawn do to the rapists under the roof of the house. Will the Doctor suffer alone? and how is Summer going to play a role from afar? Can't wait to read on to learn the twists you have planned for the future of this merit winning story!
When I get around to it, I'll write

Offline Rachel_Thornton

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1267
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2021, 02:45:39 PM »
Another fantastic chapter that is proving why this story is one to be looked at and a close eye kept on.
Right from the start we get treated to a wonderful battle between Logan and Summer as he tries his best to give her a nice night and she continues to be the hard to please date.
The dialogue was perfect and we see the changes in moods from Summer which kept me smiling all the way through. Really good writing I thought.
The party is in full swing and we are getting the combinations pairing off and I was very shocked with Clemente and Chris and I think this going to be a very deep and powerful subplot as they try to obtain the unobtainable. Liking the sly introduction of this Rachel Tyler chick and looking forward to seeing more from her.
The final rape was handled very well and deeply harsh and hurtful and we have to wonder if this was the house, the drink or something else at work in that room. The final bit of Dawn smiling was chilling.
Merit worthy chapter and I enjoyed this so much. Thank you.

SheerHose33
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2021, 09:18:59 AM »
Knight Games

As Sue lay on the floor of depravity, still reeling from her attack. Roy slumbered on the bed that was his that night. His shirt was open and his above average  hairy stomach was out for all to see. His wife checked on him, tried to wake him, rolled her eyes and slammed the door on his own shameful nest.

She returned to the party that was still enjoying Portia’s skillful digits on the ebony and ivory keys.
She spoke to Myles and the Davenports. She had no animosity towards them and had apologized more than once to Marcos about Roy’s dinner attack.
“I really don’t know what’s got into him, he hasn’t even drunk that much……it’s not like him!” She said for the ninth time.
Marcos just shrugged. “We all have our moments, I’m sure” he replied as he was handed a bold colored brandy by Myles.
“Try that, it was my father’s. Top shelf indeed” Myles recommended and sipped one himself.
Marcos did and marveled the glass with an elegant swirl.
“I take that it’s time to talk business in the study” Marcos hinted.
Myles nodded. “Shall we and Sir Ross too, will you be joining us in your husband’s absence?” He asked Linda.

Linda shook her head. “No I’m not to make any decisions without him there and I just chair a dogs trust charity, I don’t think I can add anything to your ventures Myles. The haunted hotel isn’t happening from Roy’s point of view, it’s ludicrous to even suggest it now” she smiled politely.
“Very well but you are welcome” Myles led Marcos on and gestured to Sir Ross who was sitting by his wife, resting his aging legs.
Portia then stopped playing.
“Business?” She asked raising an eyebrow.
Her father nodded abruptly.
“Excuse me” she left the piano much to the dismay of the dancing guests.

“My dear……I don’t think there is a need for you” Sir Ross said as she walked past him.
“I’m not letting you make any more of my decisions when it comes to business father, not after Epsom” she said with a flare in her features.
“But my dear, this isn’t a place for rashness” he might as well have said that “the grown ups wanted to talk”.
“This isn’t a place for anything…..” Portia said as she followed Myles inside the study.
Marcos and Sir Ross, came in and Heath also closed the door behind them.
“More Brandy everyone?” Myles started as he approached the drinks cabinet.
“Portia I’ve rather a nice bottle of Port, I think you’ll like it……”
“I’ll keep a clear head for business discussion and keep this old man away from the likes of him ” she gestured towards Marcos.
“That’s rather unkind……” Marcos said gazing into his glass.
“Portia please conduct yourself accordingly” her father added.
“So Roy Burnett is asleep upstairs, that’s good for us all, but what are you proposing Myles, since you wanted us here?” Marcos asked.

Clemente wasn’t told of the latest arrangement. However instead of being annoyed as she was at the back of her mind. She didn’t need a distraction for Myles.
She had stopped dancing when the piano had stopped. She turned to Chris who had noticed Morris the Ballard driver being led in by Elizabeth  to get some refreshments and a hot coffee.
“Go on now, the box is with Dawn nows your chance to take it, this is even easier. I’ll go to the study soon and hold them up
Chris done as was suggested and he was relieved. Clemente was getting too pushy and he knew she wanted more than a dance too. “Posh tarts and their randiness” he thought.
He passed Morris and Lady Ballard and they didn’t even look at him.
However he noticed a few were missing. Elizabeth was talking to Morris, Penny Davenport, Christine Yardley and Clemente remained in the ballroom

He walked up the grand staircase and found himself on the landing. He shivered for a moment. “This was the place, Robert Thornton was brutally murdered” he thought and his professionalism overrode any fears. After all he’d been around real danger all his life. Growing up on the mean streets of Croydon, to far away missions in Afghanistan Libya and even Malaysia, where he didn’t even exist and was just a number on a code book in London.
This was just a supposedly haunted house in Dorset, yet like the rest of the public, it intrigued him. The box was highly classified and he had no idea why his superiors in the company wanted it but that was not for him to know. He’ had accepted the straight forward and mundane task of uncovering a massive horse racing scandal, and other events on that day in June, but Clemente had requested his help. Clemente and Chris  Muldoon were codenames given by HQ even though his real name was Chris as a sort of double bluff.
Clemente had become deep in the house he knew it and perhaps deeper with Myles too. It didn’t bother him as he found affection with a woman close to his work. His mind wandered to Rachel, and then it came back to him of his mission.
“Excuse me what are you doing?” A woman said behind him. He turned around and it was Faye Winters.
“Oh I’m just looking around the house, Clemente suggested I did it’s so interesting” he remarked keeping his cool.
She didn’t move closer but stared at him for far too long.
“Yes it is very interesting isn’t it, I know it’s got a dark past, but I really love the history of it………..and horror” she said coldly.
“Yeah……..” he didn’t really know what to say.
“I see how Clemente looks at you and she hasn’t stopped talking about you, I think you had a thing, am I right?” She smiled persuasively.
“No, just friends” he wished she would leave.
“Oh really” he face lit up. “Maybe you’d like to come with me for a drink.
“Yes perhaps later” he said quickly. She looked take aback.
“Um……I meant now” Faye suggested more passive aggressively.
“Yes why don’t you go and down and pour me something and I’ll be down to you” he sounded irate himself.
“I will after the tour “ she took his hand. Chris tried to protest but she hushed him playfully and led him to a vacant room.

Olivia was fixing her make up in her room while Jonathan went back downstairs not to be rude, and as she closed the door. She saw Sue staggering along the corridor, with tears running down her face.
“Sue? What’s up Sue?” Olivia ran to her and the broken woman collapsed onto her shoulders.
“He attacked me……” Sue sobbed. “Mr Burnett, he attacked me” Olivia felt the tension and shock shudder from Sue’s quivering body.

Downstairs. Jonathan joined the men and Portia for a brandy and cigars which were puffed by Heath, Sir Ross and Myles. Jonathan was a self made software engineer and had started his own company developing programs to improve engine management in heavy machinery. He was close to becoming millionaire himself.

“So what are your plans for this house?” Sir Ross felt someone should really ask
Myles had told them of the upcoming article in the Skeptics Monthly Magazine.
“I’m bringing Rockford House forward. I’ve always liked the architecture of these houses, and I think history has been unkind to it. I want to bring it to become a brand of such of past English power  and eloquence. Restore it and I’m not talking about a tacky English country hotel that appeals to Americans and suchlike but a place where anyone can come to visit and live a part of English history for the day. Be inspired by the beauty within. Erase the evil past Tea rooms, cliff walks, a nature sanctuary, a mural of a glorious future ” Myles didn’t need a pitch he explained well enough.

“Isn’t that just the same as a tacky English hotel?” Marcos asked. “Afternoon tea and all that Downton Abbey malarkey?” Like what you see on those rail tours…….” He avoided Portia’s indignant glance at the suggestion her rail tours were tacky.

“I think it’s a wonderful idea” Sir Ross said.
“So what do you want sponsorship”
“I think it’s disrespectful…..” Portia said coldly.
“So much badness here, so much death and horrors, the place should be knocked to the ground and the land sold off to developers to start afresh. Rockford House has too many demons now that the future will never be able to rid of.” She spoke so sincere it only made Myles respect her more.
“Good points Portia, but have you ever visited the poppy fields in Flanders?” He puffed his cigar.
She shook her head. “No, but I’ve meant to, for some time”

“Well I think of Rockford like that, a place where so many died, so many suffered but now because of that suffering so much beauty grows, and not only reminds us of the past that we don’t forget but gives us inspiration to be better people, that’s what I want for this place. When I look out the balcony in the mornings I see the cliffs and the gardens and no matter what weather it is I think to myself, does it get any better than this? How can my day be bad, when j wake up to such vivid beauty and awe inspiring sights smells and sounds? This is a fantastic place, it just needs understanding. And I want anyone to come here and feel what I feel, no matter what they are or where they came from. I want them to go home as new people, better for just being here and mindfully refreshed” Myles sat down.

“We are going to do deals with the nearby hotels and B&Bs” Heath said. “And Myles needs to expand the land, and take back the fields that were sold off after the Torchwood era.
“So what do you want with us?” Marcos asked not taken in by Myles’s pitch.
“ I want expertise, and I want investment” Myles said bluntly.
“I know House Davenport isn’t for sale but your expertise in a lot of things will be most useful” he told Marcos.
“I was thinking of serving Portia’s Vineyard,  wines here, once I get going, and perhaps expanding your rail tours down to the Rockford line too, but I need investment” he told Portia more than Sir Ross.

“Investment for a cut of course, this will make money, and once we have an entire Rockford Experience up and running then, just think of the possibilities?”
Portia gave him a short answer.
“What possibilities, pony rides and cliffs? You’d be better off with the ghost hotel idea as a quick investment, this is like having a playground in Auschwitz, I’m sorry Myles but I’m out, my advice, restore the house if you want and sell it to the most clueless foreign bidder, I won’t be investing or linking any of my assets with this place” she said abruptly.
Her father shook his head.
Myles smiled at her and it was the first time they saw the flicker of wickedness in his features.

“Well that’s a shame it really is, I have thought someone with your education and status would have seen the bigger picture. This isn’t going to be some sort of holiday resort or some playground as you so eloquently put it. It’s a sanctuary for inspiration and creativeness, to bring out the best in people who come here, a sort of mindful workshop, but without the so called hippie greed, and another thing, what will you do when it all comes out about Epsom, you’ll need me on your side then, believe me……..sweetheart”, He said the last part darkly.

Sir Ross and Portia gasped. Marcos looked away.
“How do you know?” Sir Ross asked red faced with suppressed rage or fear, that didn’t know.
“I know a lot Sir Ross, it’s my business to know a lot, same as Marcos here knows a lot too” He. watched Marcos’s eyes narrow at his.
Heath laughed in the background. Even Jonathan looked awkward.

“You told him?” Blurted Sir Ross to Marcos who shook his head.
Portia turned on her father. “This is what you’ve caused, getting into bed with the Davenports. My horse…..She didn’t win it was a fix, the papers are right aren’t they?” She was shaking in rage
“Look at them Heath, squirming like mice caught by a cat. Except Davenport here, because he knows how to do business don’t you?” He smiled at Marcos who looked awkward and was silent avoided the disappointed looks off Portia and Sir Ross.
“The Thornton’s were right about your lot, and all these years I’ve helped your family” Sir Ross exclaimed.
“Right Sir Ross, you’ve helped my family, why don’t you ask my sister Mariel  how you helped her? When she became pregnant and you made her terminate, what about Stuart Tyler?Whose father was a true loyal friend to the Davenports, will I tell him how you coerced his daughter to your bed, while she was visiting White Moss House?” Marcos had lost all filter.

Sir Ross shook with rage as the equally shocked Portia was frozen speechless.
“Or how you shut up your adopted daughter about being assaulted by her half sister Paloma Hawkes….” Marcos stepped forward at the crumbling man.
Portia’s eyes filled with tears and sudden hatred for the man she called “Father”.

“Lies……just lies” he blurted out but he was beaten.
“Yes…….it’s surely lies…..Father….” Portia sobbed.
“Yes…..lies of course…….wait until the police catch up with you, laid bare the life of Sir Ross Ballard. You despicable scum” Marcos said to him.Portia trembled hard  and burst into tears only finding the arms of Myles. Then she pushed him away and stormed out of the room.
“Please come back……” Sir Ross said feebly.
“Don’t tell your mother…….” Marcos mocked her as she left.
“If I go down you’ll be coming down with me” Sir Ross’s voice shook at Marcos, he turned to Myles. “Your father would be disappointed in you, stooping to such levels” he paled  and his voice trembled meekly. .

Jonathan stood awkwardly and Heath found it all amusing.Marcos shrugged.”You seems to forget, that we already went down, we can’t go any lower”
Myles toasted Marcos. “That sir is how you do business, I don’t think the investment will be a problem now,  Sir Ross a blank cheque will do. Pity you seemed so supportive but then women seem to run your affairs and your cock seems to destroy them” he laughed.
Sir Ross spat at Myles’s shoes and stormed out after his daughter.

He then looked at Heath and smiled.
“One down, one more to go” he looked up as if he could see past the ceiling at the sobbing Sue and Roy who was deep in a slumber.

Upstairs in a vacant room. Chris found an embrace embrace with Faye. It was dark and her hands clutched his shoulders. Her hands roamed under his shirt as her lips explored his. His mind wanted to stop and carry on with the mission, but his body told him not until after certain things happened.
Faye took off her shoes, and with Chris planted herself on the bed while he lay beside her and they once again kissed.

“What about Heath?” He managed to ask in between passionate gasps for more.
“What about Rachel, and Clemente?” Faye breathed huskily. She began to unbutton his shirt, while his hands roamed towards the back zip of her dress.

Downstairs Clemente was impatient.
“He should have been back down by now, what was he at?” She thought. She avoided a medical lecture off Christine who kept gazing at her watch and had already booked a taxi which wasn’t easy. Not many local taxis came that way, and if they did they illegally asked for much money, more than it should have been.

Elizabeth and Penny were deep in discussion not aware of what had gone down in the study. Linda was missing, so was Olivia, and Morris the driver had just emerged from using the downstairs toilet.

Portia approached the ballroom, looking pale.
“We are leaving” she said, her hands shook. She gestured to Morris.
“Whatever’s wrong dear?” Asked her mother looking surprised.
“Just father being father, for a very long time” she exclaimed.
“Morris! Start the car…..brisk!” She ordered the driver who came to life and ran out towards the Rolls Royce.

Jonathan, Heath, Myles and Marcos strode into the room.
Then a concerned  Olivia appeared and took her man’s hand and then whispered into Myles’s ear. He then apologized and followed them upstairs.
“Clemente see the Ballards out” he commanded. “Thank you for coming” he told them all.
Clemente did as she was told but she was worried about Chris and him being discovered with the box.
“Am is Chris coming with you?”
“Yes” said Elizabeth looking so worried, . Portia had marched out and her father held his coat with a defeated and pale face.
“What’s going on?” Asked his wife.
“Just them, damn Davenports” he pointed at a smug Marcos.
“I don’t think you want to do this here Sir Ross, or perhaps just Ross, like my father I can’t see you holding your knighthood much longer” he mused.

Penny held his arm. “You didn’t Marcos did you?” She looked sympathetic towards a confused Elizabeth. Marcos just nodded. “Things needed to be said” he remarked coolly still holding a brandy.
Clemente was also confused.
“Er ok, are you waiting for Chris?” She asked hesitantly.
“Yes will you get him please?” Elizabeth asked Clemente.

Clemente left and asked Heath to see them out.
“Mother come on!” Roared Portia her gracefulness that evening was left at the vacant piano.
Elizabeth was going to say something to Penny but instead she gave her a stern glance and then left.
“You won’t hear the end of this” Sir Ross added to Heath and Marcos.
“That’s up to you Sir Ross” Heath said victoriously. “Remember what Myles said now, a blank cheque, or filled up newspapers” Heath laughed wickedly.
“We’ll be in touch” Marcos added.
The Davenports last winning line they used for decades. “We’ll be in touch” the words carried meaning and usually fear to their opponents.

“Would someone like to tell me what’s going on?” Christine said bemused.

Outside Portia shouted at her father.
“You can walk home to Surrey, or get a seedy hotel or a barn to sleep in, it would suit you.
Morris sat in the car bewildered but quietly loyal.
“We have to wait for Chris” blurted Elizabeth. “Will someone tell what’s going on”
“Oh Ross can tell you, he can tell you all that he gets up to, the Epsom thing is just the tip of the iceberg, do you really want to know why he just lays down for the Davenports? Will I tell her….Daddy?” Portia had never lost her temper like she had that night.
“What’s going on Ross? explain!” Elizabeth asked shakily to her lingering husband.

“Just Davenport lies dear, she believes them, my own daughter believes them, but it’s lies, the horse racing was a mistake, but we won’t deal with them again they are cutthroats”  he tried to hold his wife but she pushed him back.
“Explain to me now!” She said firmly.

“See even your own wife doesn’t trust you, Morris drive! He can walk, Mother get in, give Chris five minutes and then leave, and leave this man who destroyed our family behind……bastard!” She finally added. Sir Ross shook his head.
“It’s……not true”he mumbled.
He couldn’t look at either of them.

Clemente looked for Chris, but didn’t call out his name. She passed Olivias room and Jonathan stood outside it.
“What a night” he said.
“What’s up?” She asked.
“It’s Sue, somethings up with Sue, I don’t know what’s wrong but it seems bad, something to do with Mr Burnett” He was brushed past by Clemente who opened the door. She saw Myles and Olivia sitting with the crying woman on the bed.
“My goodness what’s happened?” She demanded more than asked.

Chris and Faye were in the throws of passion and didn’t hear the commotion down the far away corridor. Now naked under his half undressed suit, Faye was pinned wantonly as she treated him to her toned and tanned body in the darkened room. He had lost his self control and it was “perks of the job” not quite as glamorous as James Bond,  but still no shortage of skirt!
Faye moaned softly as she felt him enter her, and hastily she wrapped her legs around his naked waist as she pulled him further to a more pleasurable position and angle.
“Just fuck me…..please” Faye begged in s lost lustful whimper.
Chris didn’t need to be told, and as much as he enjoyed this chance meeting, he had things to do and Clemente would be counting on him as would HQ to get the box.  He done what was bid by the woman breathless and exerted under him and holding up her legs over his shoulder he gave her all he had and served much more as he was asked when she had to stifle howls of ecstasy into a pillow she grabbed as he came deeply inside her facilitated by her strong orgasm.

Then as he filled her with his seed. He got up and cleaned his softening member with the bedsheets before adjusting his trousers and buttoning up his shirt.
“Thanks for the tour!” He panted.
“Thanks for…….whatever the fuck that was” The naked Faye sprawled out with her shapely heaving body shivering with a mixture of sensual post climatic tingling and a cool draft.
“Yes, I’d better be off” Chris hastily opened the door behind him and slunk out onto the lit corridor.
“Fucking arsehole” Faye said as she lay unable to move. Then she gave a long hard sigh and finally sat up.

Chris finally found the door but then another voice sounded behind him.
“Your lift is leaving……..” It was Heath.
Chris looked around at him.
“Have you seen Faye and can I ask what you are doing outside Dawn’s door?”

Chris shrugged.
“Oh I’m sorry I was just looking around, being noisy I’m a lover of these houses, as for Faye I saw her about 15 minutes ago on the corridor she can’t be far away”
He hoped Faye would have the sense not to appear now.

“Oh right, again that’s Dawn’s door, you have no business in there or here, now go to your car before you are left behind with Sir Ross, in fact I’m sure you’ll learn a lot about him on your way home” Heath sniggered.

“I do apologize, tell Myles and Clemente that it was a lovely evening, thank you…..Heath is it?” Chris walked past him
“I’m sure you’ll tell Clemente yourself…….Christopher…..” Heath said darkly.

Chris didn’t react but he didn’t like the way Heath spoke.
He was waking down when Heath said one more thing.
“Don’t fuck with Myles” he said coldly. Then he turned around and went back upstairs.

Christine’s taxi had come and Marcos and Penny decided they’d share it with her as they needed to get back to the Cliffside Hotel. Marcos said he’d be back the next day to collect his car and he’d see Myles then. They took as long as possible getting into the taxi as they became little more than spectators to the drama of the Ballards in front of them.
Sir Ross had sat in the front of the Rolls Royce and was refusing to leave while Portia yelled at him and Elizabeth tried to keep the peace.

Chris came out to find them at loggerheads and stood as Portia signaled him towards the car.
“Get him off the seat, Morris help him!” She barked.
“Portia please can we not sort this at home?” Elizabeth said almost in tears.
“It’s ludicrous Morris and Chris, you work for me, just get in and we’ll sort it at home”
Sir Ross was exasperated.

Chris sat next to Portia as she finally accepted her father had to travel with them. She just sunk her hair back as her mother wiped her eyes.
Chris just wanted to jump out. He was stuck in the heights of tension, which he didn’t know anything about, he had betrayed his Rachel, but most of all he had failed his mission and he didn’t even know where Clemente was.
He got out his phone and began to text her. Plus would Faye tell her? So many things went through his mind as the unhappy car purred on a long journey home.