Author Topic: A Spring Melody (An Erotic Horror)  (Read 9418 times)

Offline Rachel_Thornton

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1267
Re: A Spring Melody (An Erotic Horror)
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2022, 02:54:03 AM »
Oooh this is really getting interesting. The darkness is deepening and we are seeing now how the plot was formed with Maggie assisting from beyond the grave with the video footage. I really enjoyed the way that Myles played himself as the kind and helping man even though we see that façade start to falter as the conversation dries up.
Really good storytelling here and I had to laugh at the moment where Myles informs Sue that she will be getting £150,000 from Roy compared to the £500,000 that he had extorted from the bumbling man.
Olivia starting to put her nose where it doesnt belong and no one likes a snooper so we will have to see if perhaps while she was peeking on Myles maybe someone was peeking at her at the same time.
Conversations with the ghosts is always a great thing and I can just imagine Roberts dissatisfaction at having his alcohol drank! Lord Westwood himself making an appearance and that is when you know the matter is serious and we cant ever forget the ominous warning about Clemente. Wise words from Annabeth as well to finish the night off with and I'm really looking forward to seeing where this takes us as all your plot points are laid out for good reason.
Great continuing chapter and merit has been given for this.

Offline JustJess_33

• Undergrad
  • Merits 553
  • Writing your fantasy!
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2022, 01:47:22 PM »
Thank you both for reading and following this tale. It’s takes a lot of effort by the sheer size of this story and characters. So your kind words make it all worthwhile.
To Get Her! Ive not forgotten ive many things to catch up on with your writing xx
Enjoy the next chapter of this and again we are going to see how warped the house is making those under the roof.

Offline JustJess_33

• Undergrad
  • Merits 553
  • Writing your fantasy!
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2022, 01:48:42 PM »
Dangerous Thought and Unsavory Dreams

Myles avoided Clemente’s persuasive questions about why he had “imprisoned”
Roy Burnett though she had completely agreed on not calling the police to deal with it.  In her mind the police again calling to Rockford House could complicate her mission, it was a hard task for her to compose herself at the thought of the fat arrogant rapist lurking in the house yet she could do little but agree to Myles’s plans who made it certain that his “ justice”was the correct action. She was finding out  more and more that he wasn’t a  “normal” man.

He may have caressed her bare leg but he didn’t want to show anymore than this  charade of showing her affection.
“Why didn’t he want intimacy in the house was puzzling. If she was actually into Myles she’d have been upset at the lack of want of her. Outside the house though Myles would be all over her, fumbling at his buttons and tearing off her underwear, taking her with urgent lust under the bare tree branches in a lay-by, one of many in the endless maze of English country lanes.

She didn’t love him but she did enjoy the sex, most of the targets she had to sleep with were not of her type. Old business men of many nationalities, one a Congolese Diamond merchant who had his white trophy woman up to eight times in one night that nearly broke her physically and mentally, yet she always fulfilled her mission. Her weapon was between her legs and though it wasn’t official code of practice from the Agency, it was an unwritten expectation even to the male agents.

Many secrets can slip between the bed covers, unfortunately for her in this task, Myles was reluctant to get her between those covers and between her legs within the boundaries of Rockford’s walls. Outside he took her with that heat that made her want him to a degree and just his body and maybe even his love but there was little pillow talk. He just done things his way and that was that.
His strength and sexual prowess was on high scale, a level she could barely handle yet once he had fulfilled his needs he was done talking and it was back to his house to carry on with this strange way of life that he seemed to relish in.

She thought of Faye and though she had taken to the woman as a much needed female companion in the murky bittersweet surroundings, she now felt she couldn’t trust her, more so that she had not only betrayed her man Heath. She had Chris and though Clemente saw Chris as a skirt chaser on the best of days, she felt that Faye had crossed an invisible line and thought about how to deal with her. She liked her, she liked her spirit and bubbly attitude but she had now become a pill to swallow. Though in her plotting mind trying to get Chris down to Rockford House would be harder now if Heath or anyone else found out him and Faye had a fumble.
So she decided to keep it to herself but would make it clear to Faye that she tasted Chris her once and only time and Clemente as much as her womanhood was a powerful weapon also had another power aspect of making people “disappear”  once they burned that bridge.

She thought of the Congolese Diamond merchant getting ambushed by the Congo military, a few days after his fun with her. He wanted to show his white British beauty the jungle. Except he never returned. He lay, along with his burley bodyguards dead on the side of the road while Clemente was whisked back in large strong African arms to her reward of promotion and several unclaimed untraced diamonds she picked up for herself.

However it was the box she wanted, or rather Head Office in London wanted. Why it was so important wasn’t explained to her very well, but it was needed, it had powers she was told if she believed them, it was tracked by many prominent British families in the past, offered for vast amounts of money by international  art and antique dealers over the years, even the Nazis sent an agent during the 1940s war to retrieve it thinking it could win Hitler the war. All classified information. Since it was last seen in the 1950s by a priest who tried to exorcise it that claimed his own sanity, it was lost to the decades but not forgotten by the UK government. The government had over the years found a reason to access the property and had searched the house only to find dead ends but only for one person who let it slip during his police questioning was the son of Robert Thornton, Nathan, who spoke about the box and this was backed up by Indra the Lithuanian cleaner who was present the day of Robert’s murder. They both told of a box in a glass case yet they could not tell the police exactly where it was. The room they said it was displayed didn’t exist and Clemente could confirm that herself. Though when she arrived at the house with Myles once he saw her as more than a girl who wanted to buy his car, she saw the box , the box that was an urban legend underneath the wheelchair of Dawn, Myles’s ex girlfriend who strangely took a dramatic  mental downfall since her father and mother’s death,  and even more stranger still had a place in this house. Myles said he owned the house and it was even in his diary that he bought it off the bank for an undisclosed amount that he inherited but Clemente knew the truth. She owned the house, Dawn Thornton did, left to her by her father by default of her mother’s death  as eldest of the Thornton siblings. and Myles was her power of attorney. Though why he had to make it in paper by fakery that he owned Rockford House was anyone’s guess but anyone that knew basic banking and inheritances knew that these  things took time and it was mystery that it was all signed and sealed at the very outset, weeks after the funerals of Robert and Martina Thornton.

She saw how Myles confronted her for touching the box and she didn’t feel it had any “power”, but he protected it and now news to her and from weeks of searching for cameras. She now knew there was one that directly had Dawn’s room door  in full frontal view but where was it?

“I hear that your “friend” Chris was snooping about” Myles’s voice brought her back to reality.
“What do you mean?” Clemente asked Myles trying to slip her hand into his. He nudged it away.
“He was looking at Dawn’s room, Heath caught him, he didn’t give a reason to why he was there” Myles sounded cold.
“I’m sure he just got lost, it’s a big house” Clemente sounded reassuring.
“Yes but why stop at that room, why the fascination with that room? All that’s there is a very sick lady who needs a lot of help” Myles sounded sad and forlorn.
“I don’t know I’ll ask him” Clemente suggested cheerfully though not without a hint of mockery.
“I’m sure you will, under the bedsheets perhaps” Myles growled.
“Oh Myles, there is nothing between Chris and I, we’ve been over this, can’t we not have friends of the opposite sex?” Clemente gave a laugh and tried to rub his bare back, but  he shoved her away. The force of his arms was beyond words.

“Don’t mock me, if you say there is nothing between you and him then you can give me proof!” He snapped.
Clemente looked at him puzzled.
“Yeah proof, you’ll bring him here and he can work for the house” Myles studied her reaction.
Clemente thought it was a trap and remained composed.
“He works for the Ballards though, he’s Portia’s personal trainer, and why would you keep someone you clearly don’t like here, especially as you see him as a threat?” Clemente sounded convincing
Myles laughed.
“You’re a fool if you think he’s a threat to me,  but you’ll get to prove to me that you are faithful, and besides I like to keep my enemies close. Why do you think I allow Summer Thornton here from time to time.?Clemente,  I thought you were a smart woman” he jibed.

“What will be do here? Besides I can’t guarantee he’ll leave his job with the Ballards. He does have a girlfriend down there too” Clemente added.
“If you could guarantee he’d leave working in White Moss House to come here at your command, then you’d have already answered my question about you two, but you can try and talk him into it, I’m sure things are quite awkward now at the Ballard’s residence and besides he can be my personal trainer, yours and maybe even get Dawn on her feet again” he gave her an arrow like glance.Clemente couldn’t help herself.
“Oh it’s all for Dawn isn’t it” she sniped at Myles.
“Well he was so interested in her room, and I’ll keep my eyes on him, and you, plus he’ll be busy with Faye” he dropped that last bit like a bomb to Clemente.
“Wh…..what about Faye?” Clemente pretended not to know.
“Don’t lie to me Clemente, you know what I’m talking about, your precious university sweetheart got more than an eyeful of her.” Myles laughed at her confusion.
“I…..I” Clemente stammered.
“I…..I need to shut up and in future tell my Myles everything” Myles’s voice almost pushed her back on bed.
“How did you know? , I…..I caught her more or less at it, but how did you know?” She asked.
Myles laid back. “Never you mind, but she’s another one I’ll keep an eye on, I should tell Heath he’s my friend but then it was kind of my fault” Myles looked at his hand and chuckled .
“How?” Clemente asked him.
Myles hushed her with his finger that traced her lips and she felt whatever it was in the house touch her then.
“I can figure out wonders  on the weak minded but you are strong and I can see not everyone can be  ‘worked out’ “ He said mysteriously. Clemente said nothing but for the first time she was actually afraid of the man.

“So tomorrow after we get shot of our guests, we have tea with with Davenports to tie up loose ends, you can join me or not, up to you and then…..” He paused and gave her a lustful look.
“We shall go for a drive and you’ll wear something nice for me won’t you,?
Something that will require my hands to remove, and then you’ll be happy seeing as that’s all you seem to care about, I’ll give you a good seeing to and that should keep you going for a few days” He might as well have been talking about refueling  his car rather than intimacy between him and Clemente.

Clemente was about to speak but Myles cut her out.
“Just do as your told and that’s that goodnight see you in the morning” He fell back into the sheets and turned over leaving her confused and speechless.
Every mission had its price.

Downstairs Olivia lay in her bed with troubled thoughts. The night had turned out to be a nightmare for two women and the predator was still at large even though apprehended by her brother. She thought many times of just calling the police but it was only out of respect for the stricken house keeper Sue that she didn’t and not her brother’s adamance of not doing so.
What was more disturbing to her was what she witnessed. Myles was talking to someone but there was no one else there and no voice answering him she could hear. What had she seen in the study?, Her brother was taunting Robert Thornton who had been murdered in cold blood only half a year ago.
Myles was never a superstitious man, he was never one to even come across as unhinged but the whole Dawn/Summer debacle had taken it’s toll on him not to mention the death of their beloved father and their mother’s fall into wine infused depression.

He was going mad, the silver hair, the mannerism, obsession in power, the coldness to his mother, who just wanted her son to be safe. The unconventional way of dealing with Roy Burnett not to mention what he done with the Ballards and keeping Dawn the way he did, despite the fact she needed far more care than what was provided in this dark castle.
The last straw was the callous talking to unseen people.

Olivia knew the house had its ways and she couldn’t feel it at that point but her brother needed to be taken away from Rockford. He was clearly losing his mind and his folly for Rockford House would be the downfall of the once prominent family the Knights of Mayfair. She thought of her father and what he’d say if he could see Myles and her eyes filled with tears.

There was one more person who was locked in troubled thoughts though she didn’t see it. She was once again her world, of happiness and joy from her past that was about to pulled from under her like it was every night. Dawn had seen the rape of Sue but she was so far gone taking in what she saw that she may as well been looking at paint drying. However as she slept, she awoke once again oblivious to the fact her body was a like frozen rusty vehicle. This time she woke up to merriment back in her parents  house in Ascot. Unknown to her that her parents were now dead, she did wake to a cloud in her life that loomed every time she woke after the event two years prior to that.

She remembered being raped that night at the house party and since it happened it was there every morning she opened her eyes.
There was laughing and cheerful talking downstairs and the smell of a traditional English breakfast being cooked. It was a special day as both her mother and father had shown their disliked of fried food many times in the morning but on occasion, it was allowed. It came back to her as she seemed to wipe her eyes from a bad dream that was really the real life of what was happening to her but in reverse.
The rape two years previous was real. She would never shake that off, but the dark bleak dream of that ghostly house and it’s dwellers was the worst nightmare she’d ever have had to that point.

“Ugh” she curled up for a moment. “Thank goodness it was just a dream” Dawn quietly said to herself. At least there was no panic attack as she’d had many of them the last two years.
She got up and heard a loud shout “Dawn, come on, get up” From her father downstairs.
She heard her younger sister Summer talking about a present she got someone and then “Happy 18th birthday Nathan!”
It was Nathan, her younger brother’s birthday. He was 18 and of course the Thornton household would be having a parade akin to the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee as like her younger sister Summer, Nathan was like a god in his parent’s eyes.
Dawn put on her black dressing gown and walked downstairs with a small bag and card under her arm. She always was keen on black as a color but wore it more these days.
She walked into a family of wholesome happiness and then her very presence cast a shadow on the celebration.
Her mother looked at the large kitchen clock. “Drinking last night again I suppose” She sniped.
“Of course she was” Summer chirped.
Her father Robert Thornton just stared with disgust at his daughter.
Nathan smiled at her. “She only had a few bottles of wine” He said casually . He was handsome and just had everything going for him. Much like Summer was getting. Dawn gave him a hug, his card and a wrapped present.
“He opened them and was moved by the card. “Oh wow, Dawn you made this yourself, it was a hand painted portrait of a horse and polo player. He winked at her. “Is that me?” He asked.
“If you want it to be” Dawn smiled as she was handed a plate of sausage bacon, and egg and her mug of tea from her scornful mother. It was the rare occasion she painted anything since art college. That was her dream and it was shattered all in one terrible night.
“Oh please Mum I can’t” she pushed it away. Summer tutted at her. Dawn gave her sister a nasty look.
“When will you ever learn?” Martina her mother sighed as she took the food away.
“It’s ok and thank you for the Hugo Boss” Nathan smiled.
“Wow that must have cost you half your wages “ Summer said with a giggle.
“And what did you get him? I suppose one of those crappy mugs you always get people” Dawn sneered.
“No actually Summer got me this jacket” Nathan pulled out a rather smart leather jacket that looked expensive. Summer beamed at Nathan’s approval at the gift
“Yeah but that’s not you is it Nathan, some men can wear leather some can’t, and you I’m afraid can’t” She sipped her tea.

“Says the woman who can barely wear clothes at all.” Robert had enough of Dawn’s parade raining.
Summer laughed. “Good one Father”
“Oh get lost you little wretch” Dawn threw buttery toast across the room and it hit Summer square in the face.
That turned into a shriek of dismay by Summer, woeful chiding by her mother. Silent disappointment by her brother and a royal earful from her father who berated her until she had to mumble an apology to Summer.
“I’ll get spots now” Summer said indigently.
“Probably and serves you right” Dawn said under her breath.
She stormed off and got changed into her cut off jeans and a black top. She went for a walk and the day passed like a dream would and she came to, when she was advised by her mother to wear a beige pleated dress that her mother bought her for Nathan’s birthday party.
It was nice dress but it wasn’t her and what 22 year old woman had her mother pick out her clothes?.
“No negotiation dear” Martina said.
“We all remember what you wore for Paloma’s 18th and we’ll never be able to forget it…..never” She sighed. “It was my fault I trusted you to get ready and to arrive in your own time but how bloody wrong I was” She sighed again. Dawn remembered the asymmetrical cut out black bodycon dress she wore for it and also remembered upstaging Paloma on the dance floor on her 18th. That was a happy time a few months before……” She came back to reality.
“There was nothing wrong with that dress”  Dawn  said with a rare cheeky grin. . “It was just the style of the time ok”

Martina snorted.
“Style! Style! For a Las Vegas showgirl perhaps. We can’t have you showing us up again” Martina scolded her.
“Fine I’ll wear your stupid dress ok” Dawn said picking up the garment and making a face at it.
“It’s yours I bought it for you” Martina said looking hurt.
“Ok I’m sorry Mum” Dawn gave her a hug.
“Want me to do your hair?” She asked Martina but her mother shook her head. “It’s fine just sort yourself out and I mean that in so many ways Dawn, I love you so much but sort yourself out please. The constant wine drinking, the putting on weight, the dropping out of life, the attitude, the aggression  to Summer…. It breaks my heart you know that” Martina was really laying on her mother’s guilt.
Dawn just nodded. She didn’t want to get into it. Her mother didn’t know why she had gone that way, why she’d never be the same, and what it was like to be at an abortion clinic waiting for them to take away a rapist’s baby. She didn’t know anything and only cared about what was best for the family in her own mind that she shared with Robert.

The dinner went uneventfully. Some of Nathan’s friends joined him afterwards for drinks and a band was hired at the Mills Inn  pub that their father Robert had insisted on. He co owned it with his brother George though Goerge ran the place.  All the family were there bar her favorite cousin  Paloma who was away on her gap year travels but had sent Nathan an interesting Skype message surrounded by rocky beaches of Phuket in Thailand.

Summer invited her “bestie” Simone and the two of them recited a poem that Simone wrote about coming of age. Dawn enjoyed the confused glances the family gave to each other and the sniggering by her cousin Rowena who was the same age as Dawn. It was rather bizarre but because Simone was Summer’s friend she was allowed to be ridiculous.
From her Uncle Henry’s rabbiting on about the incoming Brexit referendum, to one of Nathan’s friends  Ashley hitting on Dawn which resulted in a beer tasting sloppy snog, not much else  happened.

It was after the party when everyone was back at home, Dawn drank down a glass of water to help the inevitable hangover the next day. She went upstairs to her room passing Nathan’s. He was half asleep on his bed his phone and wallet and clothes flung across the room. Dawn stood at the door and stared at her brother. Then she slowly closed the door as she walked to her room, except she closed it from the inside. She crept across the floor taking off her heels as she did. She then stood closer to Nathan’s bed and smelt his alcohol filled breath.
“Happy birthday Nathan” she leant down and kisses his cheek.
Something about this was far from ok, in any world. Nathan’s hazy eyes looked up at her.
“Dawn?” He mumbled. She hushed him and then got into the bed beside him. “It’s ok Nathan, I guess you wanted a better present from me” her hands slipped around his naked chest.
“Dawn what are you doing?” He mumbled in a confused way. She smelt his neck.
“Oh you are wearing my aftershave…….thank you!” She kissed his neck and tasted the aftershave’s bitterness.
“Dawn……” Nathan mumbled but he didn’t push her away but tensed up as her hand went into his boxer shorts.
“Dawn what are you doing” He said louder as she felt his erection building.
“Quiet Nathan……this is for you” She rubbed his hardness quicker under his underwear.
He began to pant.
“Dawn this isn’t right, Dawn…….” His breath heaved as she took out his member  and released it from his clothed shield and stroking it ferociously she kissed his protesting mouth.
“Dawn you are my sister…….” He was cut off by her invading tongue. She pushed him back on the bed and she realized her knickers were already off, and there she straddled his body putting her shapely legs each side of his with the dress her mother bought her up around he  waist, she guided  him into her moist tingling heat . Dawn  heaved a soft moan as she felt her brother enter her.
“Dawn no…..no…..don’t make me…..no!” Spluttered Nathan as he tensed up and she felt him come to an explosion inside her making her cry out a victorious moan at the sloppy sticky but filling sensation.
She looked down at her brother with devilish eyes and then she realized he wasn’t Nathan. It was a man she’d never seen before but with black cold dead eyes and an malicious exerted grin.
He laughed at her and she felt his body shaking with his amusement at her face.

“Who are you?” Dawn screamed and then realized she was back in the bedroom of Rockford House as the cold dead looking man laughed with many unseen faces at her misery and shock.
“Sick…….just sick…….” A silver haired woman dressed in a long cream dress stood out. Her face was of a cold heartless wintery smirk.
“Who are you and where am I?  That never happened! I never…….did that?” She screamed at the strange realization of what happened in Nathan’s bedroom rather than the fact she was in a strange room with unknown entities to her.
“Didn’t you?” The woman shook her head with condemnation. In the background behind many shadowy faces stood her mother and father, the look of disapproval were across their faces, only more intense than Robert’s face ever could be at his daughter and her mothers withered glance at her more distasteful than it was at the bad outfit.

She was once again stuck in hell and forced to carry on her sex act against the growling entity below her who moaned with undead ecstasy as he pulled her up and down on his hardness that filled her with a strange heat but the same invading used feeling she remembered from her rape. As the ghosts of Rockford watched.

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 675
  • But would you really want her?
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2022, 03:50:51 PM »
WOW have to say I don't know what is hotter, Myles turn on/off sex drive or Dawn's perverted house memories! Love how Myles reveals what is going on under 'his' roof to Clemente. Love the background on how London wants the cube, could just imagine what would happen if it actually got it! Surprised that she still tries her best to persuade him otherwise. Great to see the spirits of the house still tormenting it's residents.

Merit to be awarded when possible
When I get around to it, I'll write

Offline Rachel_Thornton

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1267
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2022, 04:50:55 PM »
Astounding work!! Really good and this has greatly impressed me. I was reading this and could feel the suspense and manipulation coming off the characters as we push the levels of depravity even further in what was yet another treat for the reader.
Starting off with Clemente's perspective on things was great and we are given more droplets of information regarding who she is working for and what the motivations are. Great use of historical narrative to explain why the Box of Rockford is on everyones radar and you are still holding back on her background in places as well which is fantastic as it makes us want more and we as readers demand more!
I enjoyed reading about Myles and how he changes when inside the house compared to outside, as if its almost shameful to commit such an act inside the house. I thought it was great how he put Clemente in her place by revealing the secrets and it does make you think how much has been staged and what he is controlling.
I was really enjoying the flashback from Dawn's life before Rockford. It was lovely and it was a real family enjoying a nice time with the usual backchat from siblings that you would expect and then things get altered and disturbed and the ghosts have their fun with reality. Amazingly hot writing that becomes chilling when the man changes and we see another beneath Dawn. Did this actually happen? Where does reality end and fantasy begin? The ghosts know but will we ever be sure of what is true and what isnt?
Great continuation and the merit is already given and this has been a true pleasure to read!

Offline JustJess_33

• Undergrad
  • Merits 553
  • Writing your fantasy!
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2022, 09:03:24 AM »
Again many thanks to both of you for being loyal fans.

Offline JustJess_33

• Undergrad
  • Merits 553
  • Writing your fantasy!
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2022, 09:03:49 AM »
Comings and Goings

The next morning things started quite early. Without sleeping a wink, Linda was ready to leave. Car keys and her overnight luggage bag in hand she crept down the main staircase to be met by Myles and a hot black coffee he made in the pantry. He wasn’t alone. Next to him sat a tired and defeated looking Sue.
Linda paused. “I’m…..I’m sorry for what my husband done to you, I wouldn’t have believed it only that he……..” Linda trailed off.
Myles nodded. “No apology or explanation is required Linda. Not from you anyway. Have a coffee and then I’ll put your bag into your car” He was so caring.
Linda nodded. She again felt the same reassuring energy coming from Myles that everything would be ok.
Sue poured her out a cup of black coffee, it’s smell overpowered the large kitchen. “
“I’m going home too” Sue murmured. “Though I don’t want to, it’s best to” Sue said as she just stared blankly into her cup.
Myles returned and sat with the women.
“I suppose my husband is still here” Linda asked cautiously.
“Yes. I heard him creaking about, I’m sure he’s ready to leave here too but he can after you two have left” Myles was firmly in control.
Linda hesitated. “I really should see him before I go” She stood up but Myles gestured her to sit and she obeyed.
“Linda you don’t owe your husband anything, my advice is to go home and just let this pass the best way you can and then take action once it’s sunk in. I know it’s difficult but you can do it.”

Linda nodded. Then she turned to Sue who she noticed had her bags packed.
“Do you want a lift Sue?” Linda asked with caring face.
“Oh if you don’t mind, if I get the 09:10 train to Bournemouth and then…..” Sue was cut short by Linda. “I’ll drive you home Sue it’s the least I can do”
Sue was shocked. “But it’s a long drive from here to Gloucester” Sue protested.
Linda looked tired but determined. “I’ll take you there, I’ll need the drive to think about things and you shouldn’t travel alone” Linda drank her coffee down and checked the time on her phone.
“We had better be off” Linda got up.

Myles gave them both a hug at the doorway of the mansion as they both got into the large BMW. “Give me a ring both of you when you get home, just so I know you are safe and sorry once last time that this happened” He waved them off as the car prowled outside the wide opened gates.
He was no longer in the door. When a flustered and out of breath Roy Burnett staggered down the main staircase.
“She’s gone. She’s gone” He wailed.
“Yes Roy she’s gone, and you had better leave too, I’ll get you a taxi and a coffee and then off my property” Myles enjoyed watching Roy bustle about aimlessly.
“It’s all wrong, and you locked me in that room. That was false  imprisonment that was” Roy bleated powerlessly at Myles who smiled at him.

“A rapist complaining about being captured, oh the irony” Myles exclaimed mockingly.
“You could have left at any time all you had to do was break the window and clamber down the drainpipe. A man desperate enough to escape would have done that. A man who really wanted to get away would have figured that out and escaped, but you didn’t” Myles’s voice was hard as a rock.

“I couldn’t escape……” Roy bleated.
“No you’d rather stay and rest your fat head, so really you wanted to be held captive, isn’t that your criminal  logic after all? Rapist!” Myles once again enjoyed pulling apart the metaphorical wings of a fly and let it crawl about helpless.
Roy had no more to say. Myles’s strong brown eyes glinted as he commanded.
“You’ll transfer the money, you have a week, after that and there is nothing , I’ll make sure you go down to the bottom. You have the bank account number. Our business is done, the offer of coffee and a taxi has now expired. Get off my property” Myles led the hapless man who tried to protest mad and shoved him with one arm out of the doorway.
“I’ll be watching you until you leave, the gate is open, goodbye !” Myles barked at him and slammed the door into his bewildered and fearful face.
Slowly and defeated like Roy was watched walking away from Rockford House on his phone that was assumed he was arranging some sort of escape from lowest point of his life.

Myles smiled as Clemente strode down the stairs. Wearing a long satin white nightgown she walked across and into the large room sitting down to the smell of coffee.
“You got rid of him then” She asked with chill in her voice.
“Yes we can go on with our day now, the Davenports will be at 11:30 so we need to make a show. “I take it Jonathan and Olivia are going  home today” Myles then felt someone behind him. It was Olivia.
“Not without you Myles” His sister said.
“After your tea with the Davenports you are coming home with us, just for a few days, you need to get away from here” Her concern was evident.
Myles’s eyes narrowed.
“Are you asking me or telling me?” He responded.
“Asking you with sisterly love, please for me, we can stay at ours and try and get through to Mum. Clemente can come too” Olivia said as she was joined by Jonathan. Both were dressed and ready to go.
“Can she” Both Myles and Clemente said together as Clemente stood up.
“Who will look after Dawn? Sue has gone” Myles said. Olivia thought about it.
“Heath and Faye of course” She responded.
“I stay” Clemente said eagerly. Heath and Faye will be here too so it will be fine.
“Heath won’t be here” Heath suddenly strode down the stairs.
“Heath is going to London tonight, and Faye is coming with me. I’m bringing her to my Christmas do this weekend and I’m taking her to my folks” However he looked towards Myles for approval.
“Yes of course, you have mentioned it before” Myles said before turning back to Olivia. “I’m staying here Olivia, there is no cause for concern”
Clemente felt a surge of frustration.

“Can I please talk to you in private?” Olivia said to Myles. He nodded and walked to the study. He noticed Jonathan and Clemente had followed them. Myles gestured them away. “In private means,  in private, otherwise she could just say what she wanted on the stairs”
Jonathan protested. “You aren’t family yet Jon” Myles said firmly as Olivia had a soft word with him.

Once they were in the study which was cold. Olivia shivered before she confronted Myles.

“There is no need for the hostility towards my fiancé” She exclaimed. Myles turned his back on her. “Watch your tone with me Olive Pip, or my ears will certainly deafen to your words. I don’t know about Jonathan anymore, I used to like him but now I see a different man” He poured himself a scotch. His shod foot crumbled the broken glass he’d  created the night before.
“A different man!” Olivia said loudly.
“A different man, says you the man who is a stranger to all of us now. What happened to you Myles?”
Myles faced her with shining silver hair and a face of hard lined defiance and eyes of deep calculation.

“What’s happened to me you ask?. Our father passed away this year, or have you forgotten that. My mother who doesn’t talk to me anymore is probably going to end up dead or in a loony bin soon. My ex girlfriend who I loved dearly……..” He paused and then coughed before taking a sip of the whiskey. Olivia made a face at it.
“I found  the bodies  of a brutal murder. You bloody ask what’s wrong with me?” He snapped.

“Yes it’s been a hard year and that’s why you should come home for awhile, Mum needs you, we can help her through her grief. Dawn needs better treatment a more suitable surrounding. We can help her. As for the murder, you chose to live here Myles, no one forced you. Why would you live here after such things?” Olivia walked towards him and held his hand. She felt and sensed something she couldn’t explain.
“Myles it needs to stop please, and why drag Clemente along if you still love Dawn? That’s not fair”
Myles pushed her away. The force nearly knocked her down.
“So you want me to just stand by her bedside for the rest of my life? Not hearing any words that make sense and just gibberish and live in hope she’ll wake up from whatever she’s in. While you get married and have a family and live your best life” Myles’s face darkened as the room seemed to.
“While you pick out a gown to offer yourself to that inadequate so called man? While you pick out a feather hat for our Mum to wear while I push a wheelchair into place?”  He shook with a deep angry frenzy.
“Myles…….I didn’t mean it that way” Olivia was shaken by his reaction.
“Oh but you did…..you always do” Myles leaned over the large polished oak desk.
“I didn’t I’m just concerned…….who were you talking to last night on the landing?” She tried to change the subject.

“I talk to myself sometimes ok, everyone does when they are dealing with things , are you going to judge me on that too?” Myles exclaimed.
“Myles I think….” She was cut short.
“I think you should leave and take Jonathan home make sure he gets home safely” Myles sneered.
“Myles! What’s happened to you?” Olivia tried once more. “And about the rape last night…….” She was once again not allowed to finish.
“No Olivia what’s happened to you? I’ve explained what’s went on this year. A hard year indeed and yet you are the one who’s acting abnormal by trying to carry on like nothing has happened. That’s the strange thing. So maybe look into a mirror and judge yourself! Good day!” He paced up and opened the door. Olivia was nearly in tears.

“I’m not like Mum, I won’t give up on you Myles” Olivia said as she walked out wiping her eyes. Myles just closed the door.
Olivia ran into Jonathan’s arms sobbing as Clemente shrugged to Heath.
“He was in a good mood this morning” She said and went towards the study.

She opened the door. Myles was standing his back faced to her.
“Clemente, . We shall  host afternoon tea here for the Davenports . Then we are going to the cliffs you and I, there and then I’m going to fuck your brains out, and you are going to be ok with that. So dress appropriately for that occasion”
Clemente was surprised but in a deep down awakening way felt a jolt of excitement.
“Do you want to talk about things?” She asked.
“No……enough talking, I need it, and I think you do to” Myles looked lustfully at her.
Clemente closed the door and her gown.
“Why wait for the cliffs Myles?, Why not just take me here and now? She said in her most seductive tone. Myles felt the urge to take her. He had never seen her look as sexy. He gulped and looked away.

“Because I said the cliffs and I want what I want” Myles’s eyes flicked back to her.
She didn’t look hurt nor phased he had rejected her. She unknown to him was slowly trying to work him out. She carried on pacing towards him.
“…….But I said why not take me here and now?” She asked as she got closer.
“I said the cliffs. Don’t make me push you away” Myles growled.
“If you want to stop me, then stop me” Clemente’s voice softly spoke into his face.
That triggered the words that were uttered to him before by someone else, the first time in his life he was forced to have sex.
“Don’t ever say that again just don’t” He shouted. Clemente didn’t let her puzzlement cloud over her seductive face.
“I won’t, but you need to tell me, why?” She softly spoken , and feeling brave as she felt she was taming a wild animal that now looked likely to tear her to shreds like a lion.
“Clemente back off! I mean it” Myles said firmly,  felt her straddle his knees as he sat on the chair.
“What do you mean Myles?” She whispered in his ears as her hands slowly unbuttoned his shirt.
“Clemente you can’t do this, not here not now” Myles enjoyed her touch. He wanted to push her off, he could but his male urge was too intense he wanted to release frustration.
“There is no you, it’s we, we are doing this Myles, and just relax” She kissed his neck with urgent yet delicacy as her hands finished unbuttoning his shirt letting them roam over his slightly toned chest.
“Clemente……” Myles felt a battle raged between his mind and his body. His mind told him to stop and not to  trust this woman. Yet his body was not just reacting to her touch but even putting his arms around her slim waist, pulling her closer to him.

“You want me, just take me…..” Clemente’s excitement was subdued in erotic whispers. Myles didn’t need to be beckoned anymore he launched forward and with both arms carried her towards the desk. Knocking things off the furniture he placed her facing him on the wood, as he unbuckled his belt.
He couldn’t stop now, the urges of his manhood and his dominating desires overrode any attempt by his consciousness to hold back.
He kissed her passionately on the desk as her legs opened to each side of his torso as he pulled hid trousers down.
Clemente was naked save her black and red lacy underwear, as the robe slid off completely onto the desk. Myles fumbled with her knickers as she maneuvered one leg out of them and then she moaned wide eyed into his shoulder as she felt him against her already wet waiting heat.

This was a fringe benefit of the job. The sex was good and moaned without composure as he entered her with a grunt and a sigh of approval.
“I going to give it to you now, slut!” He groaned as he began to take her steadily. Her legs dangled over the side of the desk.

“Do what you want except stop!” Clemente said breathlessly as she bore his thrusts with firm clawing fingers against his body and groans of much needed satisfaction. He was hitting her lately abandoned spot with masculine powerful ease. She lie on the desk her hands that gripped him had flailed to above her head as the desk shook with her body at each movement of Myles’s urge.
He moaned grunted and sighed excessively to each steady movement as Clemente felt her body begin to cascade closer to the much needed climax.
“Yes Myles……yes” She panted more and more as his movements became more and more swifter and urgent. His hands pulled her bra down and squeezed her exposed breasts with manual hunger as he began to lose his breath completely.
“Don’t you dare come yet” Clemente groaned as she felt her orgasm on the edge of certainty.
Myles ignored her with a growl of sexual explosion as he lunged into a powerful exerting frenzy of male ownership. His last powerful thrust was enough to set Clemente off not to mention the feeling of his seed running into her which was a new sensation form him to her.
“Oh my fucking God……” Clemente roared as the climax took over her body. He collapsed over her as his orgasm died off and his manhood had let out its last filling trickle.
He suddenly got off her and adjusted his trousers wiping his softening member with her discarded nightdress. He was worried as he searched his inner self.
“He didn’t feel any different” He thought as he cursed himself for being so suggestible and weak to a woman’s touch.
He felt the same as he looked down at the exerted Clemente.

“Oh that was just……..special” She panted heavily.
“Yeah……” Myles looked lost.
Clemente leaned up and made herself reasonable.
“Why has it taken so long to…….do it here?” She asked as she stood up.
“It’s complicated……..almost ridiculously complicated ” Myles walked out the study. As Clemente got into her night gown.
When Myles got to the main hall. He realized Olivia and Jonathan had left. Heath strode into the hall drinking a coffee.
“They weren’t happy, well she wasn’t, I don’t think Jonathan was too bothered” Heath smiled knowingly.

“Well sisters can be trying” Myles said as he gazed out one of the windows then he turned to Heath. “So you are bringing Faye to your family home? And the office Christmas do? Is that wise?” He asked with a cautious tone.
Heath just nodded and shrugged. “Have to play the game, she’s been badgering me about it. I’m meeting her family too”

“Least she has one I suppose” Myles said as he watched Clemente as she looked away from Heath not hiding a grin of mischief on her face.
“Will you be ok for a few weeks without me Myles?” Asked Heath with concern.
Myles nodded. “We’ll be fine, but I’m going to keep an eye on her and I suggest you do the same with Faye, take it cautiously Heath you don’t really know her yet”
He patted his friend’s back.
“I won’t but it’s going to be week of finding out about her and the same thing goes to you too. Watch her, and I’ve already told you where  I caught that Chris  last night.”

Myles felt he should tell Heath exactly where Faye was the previous night but just nodded. “I will” Information was powerful and Heath even though a loyal friend and an asset to the house was still on a need to know basis. He didn’t need to know that Faye was dishonest yet.

As Clemente got ready to entertain and Myles silently showered and dressed in a casual sweater and slacks. A car was on its way to Dorset and further more Rockford House. It’s driver was miserable having being only summoned and told of his job that morning which got in the way of any plans he may have had as his life fell further apart and isolated. His  passenger sat in the back. Her long legs looked striking under silky flesh colored hosiery.

Summer had rang Jaime waking him from a deep sleep at half six that morning.
“I’m going to Rockford House, you are driving me, be here in an hour” Was all she said. Jaime knew better than to not showing up and he collected his passenger who accompanied by her imposing cream and black trimmed luggage bag which Jaime put into the boot . Got in the back seat.

Jaime didn’t pack for himself, but he was berated almost as soon as they left her home in Ascot for not doing so. It wasn’t his first journey bringing her to the far away mansion of known horror.
“You’ll be staying because I’m staying” She said irritably. “Not in the house but a B&B or even your car because you’ll be needed to drive me home. I gave you an hour to be at mine, what did you expect to be doing. You don’t think at all do you?” She tutted and rolled her blue eyes so many times.

“You didn’t say did you?” Jaime said as he drove through the heavy traffic.
“Dont you dare criticize me, don’t you dare!” He wasn’t looking at her but he felt her glare behind him.

“Well it’s your fault, you can sleep in your clothes for all I care. Now just drive…..brisk” She added the last part and got her headphones out and put them on.
“I’ve a job to go to tomorrow, I can’t just not turn up because of your unexpected trip to Dorset…..please Summer be reasonable” He sounded weak. He was in a corner by the girl who knew he raped her sister, but he tried to at least reason with the silver haired woman.
“I don’t care, stop talking to me” Summer said dismissively then she paused her classical music.
“There is no time unexpected, that perhaps,I may want to go and see my sister. Yes Jaime my sister! The one you violated! So you know how it is , tell your work whatever you want to, keep your eyes on the road and no more complaining or I’ll make it my business to permanently  see you suffer. Do you understand?” She growled.

Jaime just nodded. He could ring in sick but how long would Summer want to stay. Least he wouldn’t be staying at the house, he hated it and he wouldn’t have to see Dawn either. Her sight unnerved him every time Summer flashed a photograph at him making him break down as he relived his own crimes.
He drove for a hour and and half and needed fuel. He knew he’d have to pay it. He wasn’t short of money but only for how long it took before he was inevitably sacked from his job as serving Summer took over.
He pulled into a service station.
Summer paused her music.
“Fuel?” She asked firmly.
“I’m afraid so, it’s costly driving to Dorset” He said hoping she’d take out her card.
“Yes I’m sure it is, why didn’t you fill up before we left?” She gazed at him and his face of troubled thoughts.
“I……I just didn’t” Jaime spoke like a child being scolded.
“Not good enough!” Summer exclaimed. “Make it quick!” She commanded as she helped herself to a mint in that was in her navy handbag that matched her navy and white trimmed dress.
“Do you want a coffee?” Jaime tried to calm her down.

Summer just shook her head. “Do you honestly think I drink garage coffee? There is a cafe about thirty minutes before we get to Rockford called the Beacon, it sits on the cliffs. I’ll have a coffee and something to eat there, I think it’s ok but you know these places are like. You’ll get us food there and I’ll have a coffee then” She waved him off as he filled the car out of his own pocket. She smiled as she read a text from Logan. It just said “Morning Gorgeous accompanied with X’s.
Summer texting him back with a flirty sense as Jaime got back into the car with a coffee and pre packaged sandwich for himself.
“I’m hungry” He remarked.
“No, no, no” Summer said with annoyance.
“The smell off that packaged muck will overpower the car and you can’t drink coffee while driving and we are on a schedule so drive on”
“What schedule?” Jaime asked with his own annoyance.

“My schedule……Ok? Go outside and eat it quick,but from now on I’ll tell you when you can eat” Summer said dangerously.
Jaime fumbled with the car door that seemingly seemed to lock. “What’s the matter with this it  just locked”
He said as he pressed buttons on the side panel. Summers hand reached over flicked the switch unlocking the car doors. “I’ll also tell you when you can leave the car too ” Summer sat back and resumed her music and flirty text session as Jaime clambered out once again a beaten man.

Offline Rachel_Thornton

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1267
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2022, 04:25:29 PM »
Summer has returned!!! I was wondering when our favourite character would be making her return and now we know she is rumbling towards Rockford as we speak for another unannounced visit.
A wonderfully creative chapter that brings back the wonderful dialogue between the characters which we enjoy so much and adds great realism to your stories as we can imagine people saying these things. I really enjoyed reading this and getting the contrast of what the two power holders bring to those who are under their spell.
Deep family drama between Myles and Olivia which was very interesting to read and I love that Olivia will not be giving up on Myles as their mother did, it shows there is something of him still to cling on to in this journey.
The sex scene was just incredible and shows Clemente using her own power, the power of sexuality and her weapons the government didnt give her to disarm Myles and make him crumble before her, I liked how he was checking himself afterwards to make sure he was still complete, that was a very good moment.
Summer in the car is one journey I would not want to be in! Can you imagine riding with her on a long journey!! We see who is in control from the start and using the rape of Dawn as motivation to keep Jamie doing her bidding is incredibly creative. So she is heading to Rockford House and I'm really looking forward to seeing where things go from here.
Brilliant writing and I love this story so much! Merit delivered and please keep going on this one.

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 675
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2022, 12:17:49 PM »
Well who is the one in control Myles or Clemente? Always great to read the female beging the aggressor but i have a feeling that Myles will eventually turn things against her. I have to say I don't see Roy going right home or even being accepted if he did show up there, for some reason i can see him trying a double cross on Myles before any money will change hands!

Nice to see that Summer hasn't change any- still a stuck up bitch who thinks th entire world revolves around her. Can see Dawn snapping just from the sight of Summer. Also wondering Dawn's reaction to one of her rapists suddenly in her home!

Can't way to read the answers! Merit awarded from me!

Offline JustJess_33

• Undergrad
  • Merits 553
  • Writing your fantasy!
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2022, 02:34:00 PM »
Wow! Thank you both for being there. With comments like that, this gal can lead on. How about another chapter would you both like that? Of course coming up and thank you for the ideas too merits for both xx

Offline JustJess_33

• Undergrad
  • Merits 553
  • Writing your fantasy!
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2022, 03:33:10 PM »
Tea and Coffee

Heath made sure the heating was on in The Summer House and it was laid out correctly. Sue had done it several days previous as Myles said any big deals and meetings of higher prominence would take place in the small yet imposing building.

Heath was satisfied and he was joined by Myles and Clemente. “Just the tea now can you manage it? I’m sorry Heath that Sue isn’t here to do this, but monsters do wreck things” Myles apologized to his friend.

“Not at all Myles, I don’t mind being a butler for one day” He laughed.
The macaron biscuits, small sandwiches and cakes were done by Enzo last night before he left, just take them out of the fridge. I’ll telephone you the order of coffee or tea but bring both anyway, and make sure Faye helps you out” Myles nodded to Heath as he left the Summer House.

Myles put on relaxing music on the small sound system in the house while Clemente arranged the chairs. She wore a white tunic top with a black skirt that was above the knees and glossy black tights and heels. She knew Myles liked the attire and as far as being ‘seen to’ by  him sexually she wasn’t done with that for the day.

Myles heard a car approaching up the driveway. It was the taxi of the Davenports as they had left their car at Rockford House the previous night.

Marcos and Penny were met with a firm handshake by Myles and a hug from Clemente.
“Hope the weather holds off!” Marcos said looking up to the sky. Him and Penny were dressed casually for them. Penny wearing tan colored trousers and a dark green. blouse as Marcos wore a tieless navy suit. They sat in the Summer House which had reached its correct temperature and Heath served them the afternoon tea with a glass of warm mulled wine. Marcos looked at the garden from the large window of the Summer House.
“That will look amazing in the Summer I’m sure” He remarked as he took a bite out of the a sandwich.

“It needs work like everything else” Myles remarked. “But this is what I’m going for. This experience. Simple delights among beauty. I intend to have a botanical expert come here soon and outline what needs to be done The gardener I have hired at the moment is just to push barrows and clear dirt”

“It will look lovely. I always thought this place was a rotten apple but I think I was wrong” Marcos said impressed and soaking up the sweet atmosphere created by rich tea, sweet smells from the mini cakes and the joyful classical music that chimed aroma them.

“Yes it’s had a rotten history, there is no denying that” Myles studied Marcos Davenport. “Strong minded perhaps!” He thought.
“Another episode of that history unfolded last night” Myles went on to relate what Roy Burnett had done to Sue and his wife Linda. Marcos Davenport’s expression was of disgust as was his wife Penny’s.
“Well he was always a bad egg, trained by the best at being a bad egg” Marcos said with deep disdain.
“Robert wasn’t that bad, certainly not capable of that” Myles added.
“Well…..there is other stories about why Martina killed him, what he was doing to her and others , that has even been mentioned by his son” Marcos said as he poured another tea.
“His son told many lies” Myles replied.
Marcos nodded. “That may be, but he was also a product of Robert’s way. The Thornton’s are a sinister family and always was, they nearly destroyed everything my grandfather and my father after him built” Marcos shook his head.

“Things worked out for us in the end, abroad but we were finished here in Britain, my father stripped of his title, painted  as cheaters and liars. When  it was the Thornton’s who done all that” Marcos sighed.
“I don’t really know the history, but it’s about race fixing I gather” Myles didn’t look interested.
Marcos nodded. “Yes, my father invested heavily into thoroughbreds and owned many racehorses during the late 80s and 90s and the Thornton’s made it their business to get involved. It got messy but it my father who took the fall. The doping scandal and that bitch Marcia Hawkes knew insider information and sold it to the highest bidder and also was involved in a crooked vet who got away Scot free too” Marcos relayed the scandal with tones of a deep loathing.
“Look I know you have your history with them and I’ve mine too. Look how they left Dawn deal with her mental breakdown alone. If I wasn’t there she’d be in some institution I’m sure” Myles said with his own disdain.
“Yes but she’s still a Thornton, I wouldn’t trust her, in fact I’d treat her like a tranquilized tiger if I was you” Marcos didn’t hold back.
“There is no need for callousness Mr Davenport” Myles replied.
“The woman was once a big part of my life and it’s my duty to care for her. Besides she hated her father, hated his ways and methods of life” Myles felt Clemente wither him.
Marcos leaned forward. “I  don’t intend to be callous, I’m afraid my judgement of them all is clouded of a deep rooted hatred, but tell me this. If she hated her father so much, why has his death effected her so much that’s she’s lost her ability to stand and talk?” Marcos leaned back as he was waiting for a harsh response.

Myles was calm. “Because it’s the death of her mother too, but because she’s was murderer it doesn’t make her any less of her mother. Anyway let’s talk business. I’ve guaranteed money off Burnett in exchange for Sue’s silence. Sir Ross Ballard is yet to write his cheque but you are taking care of that. Another grudge seems settled between you and him. Now it’s time for your offer and to help transform this once precious stone of England into a diamond.
So what will I be expecting?”

Marcos took out a notebook and a gold and black fountain pen and wrote a figure, he then passed it to Myles.
Myles glanced at it and then as his face let everyone know in the room he was not satisfied.
“Is this some sort of joke?” He spoke abruptly . Clemente glanced at the paper it had the amount of £50,000.
“No, it’s my offer and only offer. I’ve done more for you than money can. You are getting my knowledge, skill, and contacts. I’ve to think about my father too, he has no interest in this place nor would he see Davenport money being invested here. He lost money on Rockford House. The £50,000 is my gesture, a token and we don’t want anything back like the others” Marcos looked at Penny but she remained firmly staring at Myles.

“I’m not dealing with your father, I’m dealing with you. This is ludicrous, you guaranteed me a substantial sum. £50,000 isn’t going to keep the place heated for the year!”
“Myles was getting greedy” Thought Clemente.
“You said you wanted expertise and investment last night , £50,000 is still investment, and not to mention what Ballard will give for silence. I settled a grudge with him to aid you. You’ll be getting my expertise too” Marcos expected a reaction from Myles.
“Yeah you seem to be on a crusade of unsettled grudges” Myles scowled.

“I’m going to consider it but I’m disappointed” Myles took the paper and pocketed it.
“My expertise is worth far more than anything that could be on paper” Marcos said proudly. Myles seemed to scorn it.

“Really? If the Davenports are so big and powerful, then why were  you in exile? Why were you beaten to shame by the Thornton’s?” Myles folded his arms.
“Be careful Myles, you are crossing a line now. That’s my offer take it or leave it. My father is a poor judge of character if you must know, I’m not. We are back and so far we’ve taken The Mills Inn for our own. My son Alex will run it, he’s just finished his majors in business management so he is eager and ready to go. Starting off with a small project” Marcos was firm.

“That’s not my concern what your family does, but this “expertise”  had better be available to me 24/7” Myles was sharp.
“It will be and we won’t do you badly, though surely the son of Roland Knight doesn’t need that much expertise” Now Marcos sounded scornful. “So this is what getting into bed with the Davenports meant” Myles thought.

“I’m a stock broker, my father was a property developer” Myles was indignant.
“Yes and you aren’t exactly up in London right now brokering are you? As for your father his portfolio was quite empty when he passed” Marcos seemed a different man than the one the night before.
“He had made his money , my mother inherited most of it and I’m taking a career break, are you satisfied? Do I need to prove myself to you Davenport?” Myles left Marcos’s name out in contempt.

“Steady on!” Marcos responded. “I’m just analyzing your status as you’ve analyzed mine. That’s all, that’s my offer, and I’ll make sure Sir Ross gives you a handsome sum.I’ll also be seeing my my sister” Marcos sounded cryptic.

“So?” Myles said bluntly.
“Oh you’ve not heard of Miranda Devereaux then? And you call yourself prominent in London?”  Marcos gave a sardonic tone and face.
Myles remained silent.
“Miranda Devereaux formally Davenport. She married a man from Guernsey, divorced now though, kept his name. A divorce of  convenience as was the marriage . She is a financier, socialite, and acquaintance  of many of the “who’s who” in in the UK and and afield. I’ll talk with her and she’ll be able to set some more wallets open in this direction” Marcos paused.
“She really helped us get back up the ladder. She’s easily most powerful woman you’ve never heard of…..” Marcos said standing up.

“You love your sister I get it!” Myles said passively.
“Well it’s on your table, accept it or not, £50,000 isn’t to be sniffed at either, but you’re  the “shrewd businessman”  in this scenario” Penny got to her feet too.
“I’ll think about it, no returns on this?” He asked again.
“Not financial returns anyway but perhaps provide us with an account or two for depositing money and then we can talk further down the line ” Marcos added.
“So that was it, you want to hide wealth” Myles remained sitting.
“If you like, we are going to be watched quite thoroughly by the revenue, so think about it. The £50,000 will be a gift” Right we need to be getting back home.

Myles and Clemente escorted the Davenports to their car. They had no interest in Rockford House, just a place to hide assets. This seemed to disappoint Myles but at the same time he needed the money.
“I’ll give you until the new year to decide, that fair enough?” Marcos spoke with no nonsense businesslike manner to  Myles.
“Fair enough” Myles said blankly and then shook Marcos’s hand. “ There would be no bending this man’s will” He thought.
Before the car left another came cruising down the gravel road to the house.
It was a silver BMW. Myles recognized the vehicle. “Oh no not today” He grimaced at it. Marcos and Penny looked out their window at the car as it parked next to them.
Myles saw the driver step out and then open the back door and the passenger got out elegantly.
“My bag Jaime then that will do  you’re dismissed” She spoke shrilly and the man obeyed.
“What are you doing here?” Myles challenged as the Davenport car lingered there as they watched.
Summer gave him her stern cold glance and then the same to Clemente who stared at her back.
“I’m coming to stay, I’ve finished university for the season, and I’m coming to stay”
She took the bag off Jaime and gestured him to leave in a wave.
“Keep your phone on. I’ll be wanting your car at moments notice” She said and the unhappy man just nodded and got back into his car.
Myles waved off the Davenports as they slowly left the driveway, though stopping suddenly to make eye contact with Summer.
She stared at Marcos through the glass and Marcos gave her his knowing eyes.
“She’s certainly a Thornton” His lips read and then he drove the car off.
Summer’s eyes followed the car. “Friends of yours,  I suppose” She said unpleasantly.
“If you like, you aren’t staying here, you can see your sister and then you can leave” Myles said firmly.
Summer smiled at him.”You’re so funny, I’m not here just to see my sister,you know why I’m here Myles”

Myles looked at Clemente and she looked back at Summer. “I think you are mistaken Summer, you aren’t staying here” She said firmer than Myles.
Summer glared at her. “I think you’ll find I am  staying. Clementine” Summer always got her name wrong.
Jaime’s car prowled off. “Is ‘Manuel ’ still serving you?” Myles called him ‘ Manuel’  after the obedient yet clumsy waiter from the much beloved sitcom Fawlty Towers.
“He has his uses yes. Oh I see your butler now” Summer ushered over Heath.
“Take this to my room, my good man” She ordered though politely.
Heath stood indignantly and shook his head.
“You need new help Myles, this idiot doesn’t know his station, just take it!” Summer barked.
“Bring it in Heath please” Myles seemed crestfallen. Heath shrugged irritably and took the case reluctantly.

“Why is she staying Myles?” Clemente asked loudly. Summer made a face at her.
“Because she has a right to, according to the will, I can’t deny her access to see her sister…..yet!”
“Denying me was your first mistake with me  Myles!” Summer said darkly as she followed them behind.
Clemente felt her eyes on her and for that moment she felt strangely exposed.
“Ah, my house it’s good to be back at my house” She said as she passed through the door. Her hair was already more silver. Myles noticed it but it was expected . Clemente made a note of it curiously.

“Well are you going to see your sister then?” Myles asked Summer as she admired the large portrait of Annabeth.
“You decorated it? Myles you can’t put holly on this” She pulled down the foliage off the portrait.
“Do what you have to do and then go!” Myles barked.
“I will” Summer said pleasantly.
“Clemence be a good girl and put on a coffee, I could do with one. Tried that Beacon place, it wasn’t up to……my level…..” She made a face.
Clemente looked at Myles. “I’ll make the coffee” He said leaving the two of them alone.
Clemente was going to go with him but kept her eyes on Summer.
“Not very professional, the maid letting the master make” Summer jibed.
“I’m  no maid Summer” Clemente flicked her hair.
“Yet you dress like one…..” Summer scowled as she gave the insult.

Someone came down the staircase. “Heath…..I’m nearly ready, we better move it quickly to avoid the traffic, Christmas shopping is in full swing now and……” She was startled by Summer standing there looking at her with contempt. 
“This is Faye, Heath’s…….partner” Clemente introduced them.
“I’m Summer, as in season” Summer sounded as she was speaking to a child.
“Oh wow you’re The Summer I’ve heard so much about” Faye said  and was going to hold her hand out to Summer but Clemente pushed it away.
“Dont be fooled by her she’s not a friend of us she’s here to see her sister and that’s it” Clemente said with hostility.

“Ok fine, right where’s Heath’s , we need to be going” Faye avoided both women for different reasons.
“So how’s Myles been treating  you?” Summer broke the ice she herself had caused.

“He does get tense sometimes but you know how to handle him I’m sure, does he make you wear those clothes?” Summer carried on, not waiting on an answer.
Clemente just smiled with feminine aggression. “You can’t wind me up Summer, everyone knows what you are. You can mock all you like, but you are the one who talks to teddy bears and goes around looking like Elsa, as in Frozen!” Clemente added with her own condescending way.

Summer looked at her sharply. Clemente did feel her eyes prod at her.
“Myles has told me everything!” She added to Summer with a smile of triumph . So sit down have your coffee, see your disabled sister and then leave, is that understood?” Clemente smiled again with her empowering way.
Summer bit her lip with a built up anger that Clemente could read well.
“I could have you out of this house by this evening if you like” Summer said after a long pause.

“And I could have you in the dirt for good if you like, next to your parents . I’ll go and see if your coffee is ready” Clemente walked away regretting already the dangerous words she spoke she couldn’t help but look back and saw Summer standing next to the portrait of Annabeth holding the same pose and most disturbing of all the same cold eyes and sharp condemning face.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 10:53:53 AM by JustJess_33 »

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 675
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2022, 05:12:07 PM »
Offended by £50,000 from the Davenports, what the hell did Myles think they were going to offer- open coffers! he's damn lucky that they offered anything considering what happen to them by the Thornton's  and the house.. personally I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to burn the house to the ground.

Personally, I though that Summer handled her introduction to being home far more sedate than she would have. Could she need time to recoup her powers once more? Why do i get a feeling that she has a secondary reason for showing up?

merit to be awarded when the site allows me!

Offline JustJess_33

• Undergrad
  • Merits 553
  • Writing your fantasy!
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2022, 05:26:53 AM »
Thank you so much for your support. It’s hard to keep a story of this size going with minimal support but I’m pleased you are enjoying it another chapter is nearly ready to go and will be a bit more racy Xxx

Offline Rachel_Thornton

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1267
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2022, 08:27:59 AM »
Always glad to be here to give you support on this and apologies for not getting the comment out sooner. Another wonderful chapter that brings the social climbing structure of the Davenports to the forefront. We see how Marcos treats those who he doesnt feel are quite worthy of his money and the way Myles handles the situation is with extreme displeasure as he thought he had this all in the bag.
I really enjoyed the dialogue to this chapter as if flows so well and is encapsulated within the Summer House which has been the location of quite a few memories and the floorboards have quite the stories to tell I'm sure.
However, I'm sure that no matter how bad of a day Myles might have thought he was having the arrival of Summer has just made it much worse and has put a stop to any plans he might have been having. Of course Summer is full of her regular wit and I laughed greatly when she intentionally got Clemente's name wrong constantly. The interaction between these characters is just great and I thought it was interesting how Faye reacted to Summer as well, the famous Summer no less!
A magnificent line from Clemente at the end to show that she has no fear of Summer but she would be wise to not take this lady lightly...
A great chapter and my merit has already been deposited.

Offline JustJess_33

• Undergrad
  • Merits 553
  • Writing your fantasy!
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2022, 06:15:59 PM »
Thank you Rachel your words mean a lot to me and it’s huge encouragement to keep writing this story knowing the right eyes are reading it. X
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 03:43:41 PM by JustJess_33 »