Author Topic: HTTP Bug in RU  (Read 20 times)

Offline Yukito

• Senior
  • Merits 40
    • Yukito's Corner
HTTP Bug in RU
« on: September 22, 2022, 08:46:40 AM »
Hello.
I'm having a kind of bug with RU. Whenever I open certain links to threads in the board, they open in HTTP mode(non-secure). Specially old stories. Whenever RU goes into HTTP mode, it doesn't keep me logged in, and neither allows me to log in. I have to edit the address from HTTP to HTTPS.
Is anyone else getting this bug? It's pretty random, hard to know which links will open in HTTP mode.
Thanks in advance.

Offline Army of One

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 117
Re: HTTP Bug in RU
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 07:44:24 PM »
Hello.
I'm having a kind of bug with RU. Whenever I open certain links to threads in the board, they open in HTTP mode(non-secure). Specially old stories. Whenever RU goes into HTTP mode, it doesn't keep me logged in, and neither allows me to log in. I have to edit the address from HTTP to HTTPS.
Is anyone else getting this bug? It's pretty random, hard to know which links will open in HTTP mode.
Thanks in advance.
When that happens, log yourself in again, and make sure "Keep Signed In" is checked when you do. It may not be registering the login through the non-secure port. Shy of that, I'm at a loss; even that solution I gave was a spitball.
Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.