Author Topic: May 2022 Writing Contest: "The Easter Egg Hunt"  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Army of One

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 119
May 2022 Writing Contest: "The Easter Egg Hunt"
« on: April 30, 2022, 08:47:55 PM »
Entries for this contest are now closed. Since there were no other entries for this contest, the winner, as well as other contest notices, have been announced here.

General Contest Rules:
  • All stories submitted between 12:00am May 1, 2022 UTC and 11:59pm May 31, 2022 UTC that fit the topic criteria will be accepted.
  • Stories can be submitted to any of the story writing boards (this excludes the Roleplay boards); non-English stories will need an English translation linked to them, which must also be in the relevant story section, in order to be accepted.
  • Stories must be started in the month stated, and listed here for submission before month's end.
  • General site rules apply to contest entries. If any changes to site rules occur during the contest, violating entries will have until close of entry—or end of any amnesty period, whichever is sooner—to adjust their entry accordingly, or risk disqualification. If changes occur during the voting cycle, votes for violating entries will be ignored.

As promised in last month's competition, the second topic influenced by Easter. Namely: Easter eggs. Now, we all know what an Easter egg is; if you don't, they're little hidden details intended as winks to eagle-eyed watchers, in the form of either in-jokes or minor plot spoilers. This competition is about them, specifically in your stories.

It's an open subject for this one, so you an write what you like, but there has to be something hidden in plain sight in your story. A minor detail that could be easily overlooked and forgotten.It could say something about what would happen after the end of the story, or just something people might like. Make sure to send me a PM with what your Easter egg is; I won't pick up every little reference.

You have between the times stated above to write your story. Good luck.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 09:25:09 PM by Army of One »
Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline Army of One

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 119
Re: May 2022 Writing Contest: "The Easter Egg Hunt"
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 09:03:06 PM »
What will you accept as Easter eggs?
  • References to other stories you've written. These are pretty cool links to creators' other works, and can also be used to subtly establish a link to that universe. If you have a look at the first three stories in my M'butu Tales, which establish M'butu as the link through a seemingly insignificant reference.
  • Plot spoilers. The end of the story is not always the end of the story, so to speak. There is always something that happens after. You can reference that in the Easter egg.
  • Little in-jokes. Just a little something for people to appreciate.

This is not an exhaustive list, of course; this is only what I can think of at the time.

So does it have to be written in?
The illustrators may have the advantage here. If you want to make your story illustrated as well, by all means. Your Easter egg can be hidden in the illustrations. Otherwise, yeah, it needs to be written in. Just remember, it's supposed to be an insignificant detail.
Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline LtBroccoli

• Undergrad
  • Merits 487
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 08:37:56 PM »
VETO: A Club of Chester County Story (MF, M+F, oral, anal, rape, bond, drug, cons, viol). The first part of this story is up now.  The rest will be posted later this month.  It will tie in Easter eggs from EVERYTHING in the Harbor City Universe. 

I'm not gonna lie, I've been laying hints for two goddamned years as to who is really running the Club.  Now, I'm finally bringing it all together by the end of the month.
Always close the program you were running before exiting the holodeck

Offline RapeU
  • Senior
  • Merits 19
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 11:44:38 PM »
Confessions of a Sex Addict

Oh man, this is going to be a fun one.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 11:57:18 PM by RapeU »

Offline RapeU
  • Senior
  • Merits 19
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2022, 01:09:32 PM »
I'm withdrawing my entry. I live in Uvalde, and to top it all off the private school I taught at fired me. I just don't have the mental capacity to finish the story.

Offline LtBroccoli

• Undergrad
  • Merits 487
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2022, 11:27:16 PM »
I'm withdrawing my entry. I live in Uvalde, and to top it all off the private school I taught at fired me. I just don't have the mental capacity to finish the story.

I'm sorry dude, take as much time as you need.  I'm cool with waiting a while.
Always close the program you were running before exiting the holodeck

Offline Army of One

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 119
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2022, 05:50:42 AM »

Duly noted. The former alone would be reason enough (in my opinion) to withdraw; you have our condolences on all fronts.