Author Topic: February 2022 Story Contest: "In Collaboration"  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Army of One

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 119
February 2022 Story Contest: "In Collaboration"
« on: January 18, 2022, 08:13:51 PM »
Entries have now closed. Since no entries were submitted, no voting will occur.

General Contest Rules:
  • All stories submitted between 12:00am February 1, 2022 UTC and 11:59pm February 28, 2022 UTC that fit the topic criteria will be accepted.
  • Stories can be submitted to any of the story writing boards (this excludes the Roleplay boards); non-English stories will need an English translation linked to them, which must also be in the relevant story section, in order to be accepted.
  • Stories must be started in the month stated, and listed here for submission before month's end.

I have to admit, giving you guys a little prep time may be a good thing. But I promise this'll be the last one I run for a while with a two-week lead-in.

Additionally, after last year's legal issues, and subsequent rule changes, I will be adding (well, explicating) this rule: If your story breaks any RU general story rules after the close of entry, it will be automatically disqualified. Sadly, this'll extend to rule changes that occur during voting. I do allow vote changes, fortunately, so I'll do the considerate thing and announce any disqualifications that occur during voting, so that you can change your vote accordingly.  I'll also warn if your story is about to be disqualified during entry, even if the mods get to you first.

So now, the contest condition. And this is why I'm giving you a two-week lead-in: you're going to be writing in collaboration.

No, this isn't a roleplay. You don't control your own creation(s). You're both writing the story together. This means behind-the-scenes discussion, tweaking, the whole shebang. To provide an example, read "Patience, Arkansas", a collab I did with KitKat over on KB.

Now, there are some rules here:
  • The topic is of your choosing.
  • There is no maximum of collaborators on a story, but there is the obvious minimum of two.
  • Everyone must contribute. That means all collaboraters must be listed in the first post, and everyone listed must make at least one story post.
The last rule is the most important, as you will be disqualified if it is not followed.

You have between the times above to post your entries, so let's see what you have.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 07:49:56 AM by Army of One »
Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline Army of One

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 119
Re: February 2022 Story Contest: "In Collaboration"
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 08:25:29 PM »
This post reserved for questions.
Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline LtBroccoli

• Undergrad
  • Merits 487
Re: February 2022 Story Contest: "In Collaboration"
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 06:38:35 AM »
If anyone wants to work together on a "shorter" story, hit me up.
Always close the program you were running before exiting the holodeck