Author Topic: Carhamgrater  (Read 1039 times)

Offline spunkjunk

• Graduate
  • Merits 532
  • Delicate! Now take it off!
Carhamgrater
« on: September 10, 2021, 01:15:42 PM »
damn what am i supposed to think?!
You were the best reason to stay here...            :emot_weird.gif:
Once God created the male. Examining each angle he thought: I can do better! And he did...

SheerHose33
Re: Carhamgrater
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 01:39:07 AM »
Very sad to see he’s left he had time for everyone and I feel I should have been there more for him lately but with RL issues it’s hard being here every day.
Hope he comes back

Offline EnabranTain

• Undergrad
  • Merits 130
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 02:02:27 AM »
He’s just gone?! WFT?
No one bad is ever truly bad, and no one good is ever truly good.
-Loki

More of my stories can be found at
AO3KB, or RU

SheerHose33
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 04:55:27 AM »
And locked his topics too…. This is a huge loss to the site.

Offline darklord

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 723
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 08:01:55 AM »
Dang. I just heard this. I hate this to the moon and back.  Sure hope he rethinks things and comes back. 

dawnamber
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 10:12:48 AM »
Hopefully he responds to the email I sent him

Tony V.
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2021, 01:40:46 PM »
Graham always read and commented on any Story I was writing. I hate the fact he had to or was compelled to feel that he had no other choice but to leave us.......

I echo everyone else's sentiments and hope  he will.find his way back to us here at "The U."

Tony V.                             :police:

Offline darklord

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 723
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2021, 02:06:06 PM »
Yes, he always commented, and I feel bad that sometimes I failed to do so on all of his, but it was not that I didn't enjoy them, for I did.  I write stories that get very little if any comments, but I am not compelled to leave over it. Not yet anyway.  Just want him back.

dawnamber
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2021, 03:13:19 PM »
He responded and indicated he will not be returning anytime soon. Then he deleted his email account  :'(

Offline darklord

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 723
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2021, 03:35:59 PM »
He responded and indicated he will not be returning anytime soon. Then he deleted his email account  :'(

Well, darn. So sad.  He was the heart of this place.

Offline Verbal13

• Junior
  • Merits 153
  • Openmind, Tolerance & Compassion helps us all
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2021, 07:05:30 PM »
Carhamgrater has been driving life force, too underappreciated, and it is lame beyond belief he bounced. Apparently some punk ass silly people burnt him over petty lack of respect and kindness. Now a void ripped open without him.  A loss that cannot be replaced. 
Dude made more posts per day than anybody. Never talked shit, that I saw. 
The generosity and open friendly attitude which is sorely needed around here.  Willing to comment, and often.  99% of RU is lurkers who never give back. If ya dont write still can give back in the form of kudos.  All the writers know it is precious rare that somebody takes the time to respond, it doesn't take much to post a few lines but self-centered audience typically lack that consideration or empathy.I'm at a loss to express how much I'm drained of enthusiasm about RU.  When I joined RU I had no expectations but Graham had warmth that made it worthwhile. Ain't about skills writing so much as willingness to engage in a friendly way.  Nobody gonna step up to fill his shoes.  I'll dabble for awhile, who knows.
I might post a few stories but nobody will comment and that will be it.  Fuck fiction I guess. Well, so it goes.Sadness....
Verbal13
Please: taking a moment to comment with some response often makes hours of writing and editing feel worthwhile! 
So Lurk if ye must, but participate when possible, ya?

(Yes, I paraphrased Brokenwing's genius)

-Verbal13

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 508
  • That's me in the pic. I'm the tall one.
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2021, 01:01:46 AM »
Yeah, this kind of sucks. Not much more to add really.
The rumors about me are scurrilous, depraved rantings of a sick mind, and I categorically deny any sense of falsehood attributed to them.

Offline Seeker

• Graduate
  • Merits 993
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2021, 04:16:54 AM »
Really really sad!! Graham, you will be truly missed and RU is impoverished as a result...
"Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darkness of other people." Karl Jung.
                                             You can find my portfolio of stories at http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=44259.0

SheerHose33
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2021, 04:55:19 AM »
Carhamgrater has been driving life force, too underappreciated, and it is lame beyond belief he bounced. Apparently some punk ass silly people burnt him over petty lack of respect and kindness. Now a void ripped open without him.  A loss that cannot be replaced. 
Dude made more posts per day than anybody. Never talked shit, that I saw. 
The generosity and open friendly attitude which is sorely needed around here.  Willing to comment, and often.  99% of RU is lurkers who never give back. If ya dont write still can give back in the form of kudos.  All the writers know it is precious rare that somebody takes the time to respond, it doesn't take much to post a few lines but self-centered audience typically lack that consideration or empathy.I'm at a loss to express how much I'm drained of enthusiasm about RU.  When I joined RU I had no expectations but Graham had warmth that made it worthwhile. Ain't about skills writing so much as willingness to engage in a friendly way.  Nobody gonna step up to fill his shoes.  I'll dabble for awhile, who knows.
I might post a few stories but nobody will comment and that will be it.  Fuck fiction I guess. Well, so it goes.Sadness....
Verbal13

I absolutely agree with you. I’d be lucky to get three comments these days and that’s a success, I know Graham was feeling it and he liked to just write and write and put up everything at once but that was his style and no matter what he wrote hed always have time to connect and comment with works.

Many newbies including myself when I joined here were spurred on by the only comment in the thread and starting off that means a lot in fact it could be the male or break of being a writer here, as you do wonder or at least I do all the time when I write spin a moral compass and to see comments makes it worthwhile.

So the lesson I’m taking from this is every day or at least I will try as long as I can balance RL with here, intend to read and comment on three stories a day. I’ll try and be fair and not gravitate always to my friends and tastes. But I shall try, the site needs other writers to support other writers at least as we know the majority of readers won’t ever comment. Graham’s loss is a void that will never be filled but we can try out best to appreciate those who put it all out there and write, if there was no writers there would be no RU.

Offline darklord

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 723
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2021, 11:45:41 AM »
Great words all.  I too need to be more active in replying to posts than I have been. I deeply respect all the authors on here ,and am just heartbroken that Graham is no longer here.