Author Topic: August 2021 Story Contest: "It Began Online..."  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Army of One

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 119
August 2021 Story Contest: "It Began Online..."
« on: July 31, 2021, 07:01:27 PM »
Voting has now commenced.

General Contest Rules:
  • All stories submitted between 12:00am August 1, 2021 UTC and 11:59pm August 31, 2021 UTC that fit the topic criteria will be accepted.
  • Stories can be submitted to any of the story writing boards (this excludes the Roleplay boards); non-English stories will need an English translation linked to them, which must also be in the relevant story section, in order to be accepted.
  • Stories must be started in the month stated, and listed here for submission before month's end.

I must thank everyone for making my first contest a...sort of success, given the hiccups we had. For August, we are going with the theme, "It Began Online", which probably explains everything about the criteria for this contest: The first meeting between victim and perpetrator must be online. Beyond that first meet, it's up to you whether you keep it online or take it IRL (or make it a mix).

You have between the times stated at the top to write and submit below. Again, to keep things clean here, any questions you have can be PM'd to me, and I will put answers in the next post below. I'll actually pre-empt some questions this time, so that everyone's on the same page.

Happy writing, everyone.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 10:49:14 PM by Army of One »
Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline Army of One

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 119
Re: August 2021 Story Contest: "It Began Online..."
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 07:19:50 PM »
Does the very first action in the story have to be the two people meeting online?

No, and for many of you, it probably won't be. Some of you may have your rapist meticulously plan things, research their victim, the whole shebang. Others may just have them randomly meet in a chatroom. Also, some of you may employ flashbacks, and the first meet may be explained there. Just as long as the first time they meet and talk is online, it'll count.

Can I have them meet on the Dark Web?

This is one I have been tossing up since I came up with the idea. Some of us (myself included) have written stories involving the Dark Web, although I don't think any of us know what it is or how to access it, or only know "bits".

For this contest, I will allow meeting on the Dark Web, though you may have to go into detail as to what the victim is doing there in the first place.

Do they need to interact online on that first meeting?

Yes. That first interaction needs to be online.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 02:10:03 AM by Army of One »
Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline LtBroccoli

• Undergrad
  • Merits 483
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 11:41:10 PM »
Quick question:  Do they have to interact online, or could that just be where the infatuation begins.  I'm thinking of a situation like one guy develops a crush on a girl he saw on social media, stalks her, then when she rebuffs him, he decides to take matters to the next step.  He never talks to her online, but the obsession grows from there.
Always close the program you were running before exiting the holodeck

Offline RapeU
  • Senior
  • Merits 19
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 11:47:12 PM »
This is the perfect prompt. I was able to use a serial kidnapper and rapist I had previously written about to write this.

Here is my entry: Amber's Abduction

Offline EnabranTain

• Undergrad
  • Merits 130
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 11:56:45 PM »
Thank you for the monthly prompt. This led me to a story idea I may never have come to on my own!
My entry, in sci-fi this time: We Can Simulate It For You Wholesale
No one bad is ever truly bad, and no one good is ever truly good.
-Loki

More of my stories can be found at
AO3KB, or RU

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 496
  • That's me in the pic. I'm the tall one.
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2021, 05:49:03 PM »
I may be stretching the premise a tad, but I'm going to submit Dark Web Reunion for my entry.
The rumors about me are scurrilous, depraved rantings of a sick mind, and I categorically deny any sense of falsehood attributed to them.

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2021, 04:59:24 PM »
Okay, here for your entertain, a story, a tall tale, in universe not our own. My entry for this month.

Presenting, The Seduction of Alice Dent, http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=49761.0
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!

Offline LtBroccoli

• Undergrad
  • Merits 483
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2021, 04:18:01 PM »
The HarborCon Case (MF, oral, anal, rape, drugs, viol), my entry for August's contest.  I was thinking of doing something else, but then I had one of those "Follow that" moments from reading another story, and just decided to jam out with something I wanted to do for a while.  I hope you enjoy.
Always close the program you were running before exiting the holodeck

Offline Army of One

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 119
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2021, 07:01:09 PM »
Okay, apologies to everyone. As you all know, I've been in lockdown for near on a month now, so having everyone here has made things more difficult. But I am here, and still running the contests.

Which brings me to the next point: You have less than 24 hours from the posting of this message to submit your entry if you want to be a part of this. Next challenge is cued up ready to go once this month's has ended.

Offline EnabranTain

• Undergrad
  • Merits 130
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2021, 08:23:52 PM »
Okay, apologies to everyone. As you all know, I've been in lockdown for near on a month now, so having everyone here has made things more difficult. But I am here, and still running the contests.

Which brings me to the next point: You have less than 24 hours from the posting of this message to submit your entry if you want to be a part of this. Next challenge is cued up ready to go once this month's has ended.

Ugh, lockdown is difficult. Sorry to hear that! But thanks again for running the contest, and I'm looking forward to next month already!
No one bad is ever truly bad, and no one good is ever truly good.
-Loki

More of my stories can be found at
AO3KB, or RU