Author Topic: RIP Dusty Hill!  (Read 32 times)

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 534
RIP Dusty Hill!
« on: July 28, 2021, 05:23:02 PM »
We lost another great musician today. ZZ Top bassist, Dusty Hill, who passed away at the age of 72. He made a lot of great music with his bandmates Billy Gibbons and Frank Beard and he will be sadly missed. In his memory, here is a track from one of ZZ Top's most classic albums, Tres Hombres, which incidentally was released July 26, 1973.  RIP Dusty!

I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

carhamgrater
Re: RIP Dusty Hill!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 06:26:05 PM »
I pray to gad that the surviving members of ZZ Top doesn't try to replace him with 'modern talent'. Further proof that the legends die to young!

Offline darklord

• Undergrad
  • Merits 84
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 03:20:52 PM »
Sad, sad day. He defined ZZ Top for over 40 years. Amazing.

Offline Tony V.

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 807
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2021, 06:23:15 PM »
These three men made for a sound so unique they should have patented it. Rest in Peace Dusty. Now Heaven has a GREAT Bass Player!!!

Tony V.                          :police:
"Just turn around, put your hands behind you, and do what the Officer tells you"

Offline rhurac2

• Freshman
  • Merits 7
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2021, 10:20:50 PM »
Agree carhamgrater was thrill to hear ZZ Top was not going to replace Dusty Hill, but honor his request to keep playing.  A Legend is lost but not forgotten... Hell "That Little Ol' Band From Texas!"

-rhurac

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 534
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 12:43:53 PM »
These three men made for a sound so unique they should have patented it. Rest in Peace Dusty. Now Heaven has a GREAT Bass Player!!!

Got that right Tony!  ZZ Top had a definite sound all their own!

Tony V.                          :police:
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!