Author Topic: Wish I Was There!  (Read 1429 times)

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1084
Re: Wish I Was There!
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2021, 05:12:25 PM »

In 1984 Genesis played the Edmonton Coliseum in Edmonton, AB. I was just 18 and it was only the second concert I'd ever attended and I've seen many more since then. But that show still stands out as one of my all-time favorite  concerts. The musicianship, Phil Collins' showmanship, the lights, the atmosphere in the Coliseum that night, was just all-around awesome!
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

carhamgrater
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2021, 05:48:11 PM »
One of the few bands I saw multiply times live in Toronto. Always guaranteed a great performance from the trio!

Now don't get me wrong, they aren't bad but a thirty five year old Tammy impressed me more than The benefit for Sars or Ac/Dc every did. From Downsview Park Toronto Ontario comes "Thunderstruck"

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1084
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2021, 09:37:51 PM »
One of the few bands I saw multiply times live in Toronto. Always guaranteed a great performance from the trio!

Now don't get me wrong, they aren't bad but a thirty five year old Tammy impressed me more than The benefit for Sars or Ac/Dc every did. From Downsview Park Toronto Ontario comes "Thunderstruck"

When all this Covid stuff is over, Toronto needs to do another concert like that!
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

SheerHose33
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2021, 03:55:45 AM »
Some greats there and love Phil Collins too.
What a time to see them!

And Thunderstruck  is an awesome powerful anthem.
One of the only AC/DC songs on my playlist as a lot are the same.

Merit to Both.

Never got to see Jackson live and I was one that sadly had tickets to the O2 arena for his last tour in 2009. Obviously that never happened and I still have that ticket today as a future investment perhaps.

But like or loath Jackson and there is justice enough for both the man had some energy and charisma.
This is Billie Jean from 1992 in Germany.

carhamgrater
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2021, 05:40:04 PM »
Give the pedophile his due, in life he may have been a total wack job but he was an ultra talented wack job. He could perform like a lot of people can only wish to do!

To to do a little "Reminiscing" about seeing these guys live in concert

carhamgrater
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2021, 05:42:53 PM »
Normally I say, "Don't Bring Me Down" but if your taking me to The Electric Light Orchestra I'm there for you!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1084
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2021, 01:35:18 AM »
What memories! "Reminiscing" was the first song I ever heard from Little River Band, and I loved it.  Kinda mellow and laid-back but was just always relaxing to listen to.

And ELO! Yes! More great memories. I was 13 in the summer of 1979 when "Don't Bring Me Down" came out and I would blast that on my little radio every time it came on!

Merit earned, Graham for the fun trip down memory lane.

carhamgrater
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2021, 05:22:46 PM »
Damn I'm hoping We don't have to go to Chicago on a "Saturday In The Park" to see  this classic band in concert!

carhamgrater
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2021, 05:12:01 PM »
been Listening to the A&E Special Kisstory0 the biography of Kiss and It brought back to me many memories of The group. As a band on record that never really impressed me much but live on stage is where the various incarnation of the group stole the thunder from most bands of the day.

Today the live rock Anthem- "Detroit Rock City"

SheerHose33
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2021, 05:08:51 PM »
More of dads music as he loved ELO we still have the LPs and I think I’ll play some of it.
Thank you for the share

If you were to see The Rolling Stones, the time would have been 1969 and just hope you didn’t get beaten up by the Hells Angels they had doing security
Wish I was there. Stones and bikers, I’d need 3 sets of knickers!!

Enjoy!

carhamgrater
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2021, 05:58:45 PM »
Must just be the way I was raised but I never considered the Stones any good. For me they tried to hard to get out of the shadow cast by The Beatles! For me the off stage antics overtook any form of talent that they demonstrated! Will owe you another merit when possible!

carhamgrater
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2021, 08:01:02 PM »
I love when a live performance can highlight a classic, introduce a new artists and show how the audience respects the min artists, just like in Rod Stewart doing "I Don't Want To Talk About It" which introduced Amy Belle

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1084
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2021, 09:50:38 PM »
Well, I didn't have to wish I was there for this one........I WAS there!  July 23 marked the 39th anniversary of me attending my very first rock concert as a wide-eyed 16 year old! Scorpions with guest stars Iron Maiden and Girlschool at the Kinsmen Fieldhouse in Edmonton, Alberta. What a show! Iron Maiden was on their Beast on the Road tour in support of the Number of the Beast album.  Although they were technically an opening act, as far as I was concerned, that night we had TWO headliners. Iron Maiden and the Scorpions both put on blistering sets and I'm pretty damn sure the city of Edmonton had to bring in structural engineers the next day to assess the damage to the Fieldhouse, 'cuz that roof got LIFTED! 

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1084
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2021, 09:53:37 PM »
been Listening to the A&E Special Kisstory0 the biography of Kiss and It brought back to me many memories of The group. As a band on record that never really impressed me much but live on stage is where the various incarnation of the group stole the thunder from most bands of the day.

Enjoyed this one! Brings back memories of seeing them back in 1997 on their reunion tour when they brought back the original lineup.

Jed
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2021, 10:04:55 PM »

Enjoyed this one! Brings back memories of seeing them back in 1997 on their reunion tour when they brought back the original lineup.

Capital Center, Landover Maryland in 1976.  I was 14.