Author Topic: Wish I Was There!  (Read 1427 times)

SheerHose33
Wish I Was There!
« on: April 11, 2021, 07:57:14 AM »
In this post. I’m looking at iconic shows and live sets that not only capture an act but the atmosphere portrayed.
Many of these are before I’m born further justifying my belief I was born at the wrong time lol

So starting where iconic shows start and it’s Woodstock and some of what I consider lost in the moment.

First Country Joe and The Fish. This really shows the state of America at the time and, wow powerful words!

The next follows the anti war angry that was gripping the USA and its ongoing conflict in Vietnam at the time.
Jefferson Airplane and Volunteers

Next Joe Cocker an air guitar and that voice!
Not mention he was tripping like mad and isn’t subtle about it lol

Now this one makes me proud to be British. The Who and my Generation with the encore almost sexual! This was just loud and proud!

Couldn’t have a Woodstock Post without the great Janis Joplin.

And finally Carlos Santana. There are no words really how just “out there” this is. Soul Sacrifice and I think they went to another planet for this.

Enjoy and feel free to post xxx
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 10:03:03 AM by Jessica_33 »

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1084
Re: Wish I Was There!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 08:57:55 AM »
What a great new post, Jess! 

I am posting a video of a band I have ALWAYS wanted to see live, but alas have never had the opportunity. This clip is from one of their most successful tours, the 1979 Breakfast In America tour, when vocalist Rodger Hodgson was still with the band. The group was at their peak in those days.

I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

carhamgrater
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 10:52:02 AM »
Absolutely great post Jessica- MUCH LIKE VILE8R THIS BRING BACK SO MANY MEMORIES, UNLIKE HIM I COULD SEE HIGHLIGHTS ON THE EVENING NEW AND VAGUELY REMEMBER THEM!

For this first post I was glued to a black and white tv in a basement watching the entire broadcast of some of the greatest music on the plant at the time. A twenty one year old who wished to god he could have been rich enough to be there live in Either Wembley, Philadelphia's Veterans Stadium or in the Los Angles Coliseum for "Live Aid" back in 1985

going with a highlight package

For me queen at the height of their musical glory!

« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 10:56:34 AM by carhamgrater »

SheerHose33
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 11:34:15 AM »
Some greats there and I am used to Supertramp being played from my dad. Looks a good gig

A whole playlist, well that took my next post up as it was going to be Queens magic performance
I have Live Aid on DVD and it’s played a lot

Right one for the boys and have been dragged to AC/DC before. It was actually awesome and Thunderstruck was just raw power and energy

My brother was at this concert and he said it was the best one he’s ever been at
AC/DC Thunderstruck 1991 at Donington Castle UK

carhamgrater
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 11:52:46 AM »
Have to say thanks to Totally Radio Australia I am growing to like the music of ACDC. Live they do seem to have a great energy that you don't feel on the records!

So what say you two sit back and listen to a concert I left halfway through- didn't think this was the End of The Who and seems I guessed right!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1084
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 10:23:28 PM »
Have to say thanks to Totally Radio Australia I am growing to like the music of ACDC. Live they do seem to have a great energy that you don't feel on the records!

So what say you two sit back and listen to a concert I left halfway through- didn't think this was the End of The Who and seems I guessed right!

I remember watching that concert on TV with a couple friends!  And I also remember watching Live Aid on TV! What an event.
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1084
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 10:29:43 PM »
Of all the heavy metal bands I have had the pleasure of seeing, for some reason I have NEVER had a chance to see Judas Priest in concert! It's on my bucket list and I'm hoping I get a chance before they decide to retire.

Here they are from the 1982 Screaming For Vengeance Tour.

carhamgrater
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 11:38:30 AM »
Never been a huge Priest fan but I have seen them live in Toronto a couple of times!

For me I really wished for a TARDIS so I could go back in time and see The Grateful Dead Live on Stage in their hey day! This clip from "Festival Express" a music documentary filmed with various acts riding the railroad across Canada in the early 1970

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1084
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2021, 10:11:30 PM »
I've read about the "Festival Express"!  The concert promoters actually chartered a passenger train from Canadian National Railways and had it specially painted for the tour. They toured to three different Canadian cities, Toronto, Winnipeg and Calgary. Vancouver and Montreal were also supposed to be part of the tour but due to various issues, those two cities were dropped from the tour.  Good pick, Graham! Merit earned!

SheerHose33
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2021, 01:58:13 AM »
Live Aid was fantastic, Live 8 could never live up to it.

Some greats there wouldn’t be a Priest fan but my word they had energy.
Now this is where I want to be today.

Lynyrd Skynyrd FreeBird Live in Oakland.

Doesn’t get more real classic American rock than that. Just the music and the atmosphere.
I wonder would even Skynyrd get away with a Confederate Flag today

carhamgrater
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2021, 11:31:42 AM »
Love the song but not the band!

One of the top reason's I fell in love with Girls Aloud! From their "What Will The Neighbour's Say" Tour- "Teenage Dirtbag!"
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 07:35:28 PM by carhamgrater »

Tony V.
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2021, 02:40:17 PM »
In 1981, I was stationed in Washington D. C. While in Georgetown, a fellow Airman showed Me a hand written poster saying "Saturday Night ONLY!! The Rolling Stones Play Scandals Night Club!! $20 a head!! See you at 8!!"

So, I very reluctantly went to Scandals Night Club in Georgetown, and to My unbelieving eyes.....

Well IF they weren't The Stones, thwy were their TWINS!!

Now I've heard the Urban Legend about how The Stones would sneak into town before a Tour Date, and do this........

Needless to say. I saw the Rolling Stones at Scandles Night Club in August of 1981......

SheerHose33
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 05:05:44 AM »
In 1981, I was stationed in Washington D. C. While in Georgetown, a fellow Airman showed Me a hand written poster saying "Saturday Night ONLY!! The Rolling Stones Play Scandals Night Club!! $20 a head!! See you at 8!!"

So, I very reluctantly went to Scandals Night Club in Georgetown, and to My unbelieving eyes.....

Well IF they weren't The Stones, thwy were their TWINS!!

Now I've heard the Urban Legend about how The Stones would sneak into town before a Tour Date, and do this........

Needless to say. I saw the Rolling Stones at Scandles Night Club in August of 1981......

Wow that’s awesome Tony. Would love to see them live, but I don’t think now is the time sadly I think there is a right time to see them and you got to see them at the right time.

SheerHose33
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2021, 05:12:02 AM »
Another Queen concert and this was their last tour before Freddie told the band members he had AIDS.

This was the year I was born and at the still iconic Wembley Stadium.
Still full of energy and this was a year later than the larger than life performance from Live Aid.

It’s Queen live at Wembley the last time 1986 and the opening track
One Vision

carhamgrater
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2021, 10:26:36 AM »
Love Queen, I swear no one could cause a crowd rising in expectation like Freddy Could!

Time to make a few jealous- this is frim the American leg of the tour but i was a 12 when they played Toronto so I saw them live in person

Paul McCartney And Wings with "Venus And Mars Into "Rockshow"