Author Topic: February 2021 — Love BITES Monthly Writing Contest  (Read 2188 times)

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
February 2021 — Love BITES Monthly Writing Contest
« on: January 24, 2021, 01:30:47 PM »
February 2021 — Love BITES Monthly Writing Contest

This month, since we have Valentines Day smack in the middle of the month, we turn our attention to love. That oft searched for state of bliss, which is seldom found. The stories should be all about love or it’s polar opposite hate. Or love that has soured into hate. The story should contain at least one of the elements love or hate (or both of them). The tale should be complete and stand on it’s own merit without need to have read something that comes before it. However, it may be part of a longer story arch. Your story should be between 1800 and 4800 words. Enter your story between Monday February 1st and Sunday February 28th 2021. Please make this the first posting of the story.

You may use one, two, all three or none of the following prompts.

Unrequited love w and how you win them or not

Love at first sight or blinded by the light or maybe the dark

A bad end to a love affair (how permanent an end is up to you)

Hit me with your best shot. I mean hit us all with your best story.

(Sorry for the crummy writing prompts this month)

Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!

Offline fantasybear369

• Freshman
  • Merits 39
Re: February 2021 — Love BITES Monthly Writing Contest
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 04:53:26 PM »
The prompts aren't crummy at all; they stoked my imagination!
Finally looking for my dark side...

Offline fantasybear369

• Freshman
  • Merits 39
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 05:03:02 PM »
Inspiration struck this afternoon, so instead of tending to my housework I continued Lisa and Ir'enath's story. So here is the link to my February submission entitled "A Peculiar Turn of Events Part 2: Revenge".

https://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=48889.0

I appreciate having a platform to express myself and develop my storytelling skills, as demented as they apparently are becoming.

Happy reading and writing!

carhamgrater
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 06:00:20 PM »
One- good luck in the contest
Two- merit awarded for thinking so much of the contest and site that you made damn sure to be the first one to post and entry. We need more people like you to inspire others to post!

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 03:39:13 PM »
fantasybear369, good to see you embracing the spirit of the competition. I'm probably not going to enter this month. I have to write other things this or risk loosing those other writings. I got behind!

Online spunkjunk

• Graduate
  • Merits 531
  • Delicate! Now take it off!
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 06:41:14 AM »
Hello Folks!
There quite less stories this month.
To make it a contest of, I added one.
https://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=48965.0
Once God created the male. Examining each angle he thought: I can do better! And he did...

carhamgrater
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 05:12:23 PM »
Alright newbie step aside so a veteran can post the entry you'll be toping in the polls

It a One On One story about a neighbour falling head over heels in love with a new neighbour but ogf course it wouldn't be a carhamgrater story if it was that straight forward!

http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=48977.0

Okay now you two can step back together again!

I believe i said this before but if not good luck in the contest and remember the real winner is the readers!

carhamgrater
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2021, 05:29:57 PM »
Verbal please accept my help

A Valentine tale: Naïve Love Of Lechery

A first time story about the growing love between Tim And Donna one year at school.

http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=48982.0

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 507
  • That's me in the pic. I'm the tall one.
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2021, 10:10:30 AM »
First I had nothing. Then I had a will to create. Then I had an idea, if I could make it work, that was vaguely in keeping with the prompts.

After that I stalled, but had another idea, even more vaguely in keeping with the story ideas. Then it stalled, as the final weekend of the month approached. All was looking dark and gloomy. Would SGH fail to meet a literary deadline?

But then this thing popped into my head last night so I said 'fuck it'. It does fit all three prompts, though.

Valentine: Anything but Love
The rumors about me are scurrilous, depraved rantings of a sick mind, and I categorically deny any sense of falsehood attributed to them.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 109
  • Professor of Consensual & Sensual Erotica 101
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 11:00:54 AM »
Only Valentine's Day love/hate-themed stories? Good thing I didn't post any RU stories this month, all my Black History Month stories from our sister site aren't really love/hate-themed. Lust-themed of course.  >:D
I would have loved to include my story based on the CBS drama All Rise, or the story "Teenage Dream" I'm finishing up today. That one might be somewhat fitting, a boy's first crush.
"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

"IT IS THE TALE, NOT HE WHO TELLS IT"
- Unknown

Offline fantasybear369

• Freshman
  • Merits 39
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 01:29:45 PM »
Been a rough month here, but I wanted to wish everyone luck.

Here's to a better March!

Offline VictoriaTimmons

• Junior
  • Merits -46
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 05:53:23 PM »
I took a "creative writing" course in college, and got an "A".

For years, I've been writing sex fantasy stories by hand, and keeping them in spiral notebooks, in a hidden false-bottom of my underwear drawer. They're never really finished, because they could always use more proofreading, rewrites, updates, etc. I recently thumbed through them. I've even got a Valentine's one!  But contest wise, I don't think I'd get a fair shake here, since nobody likes me (Including the moderator of this thread.) 

Oh well. That's the price one pays for not trying to be popular, I guess.

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 507
  • That's me in the pic. I'm the tall one.
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2021, 06:37:10 PM »

For years, I've been writing sex fantasy stories by hand, and keeping them in spiral notebooks, in a hidden false-bottom of my underwear drawer. They're never really finished, because they could always use more proofreading, rewrites, updates, etc. I recently thumbed through them. I've even got a Valentine's one!  But contest wise, I don't think I'd get a fair shake here, since nobody likes me (Including the moderator of this thread.) 

Nonetheless, we thank you for taking the time to tell us you won't be taking the time to join in. Now we can rest easy.   :emot_laughing.gif:
The rumors about me are scurrilous, depraved rantings of a sick mind, and I categorically deny any sense of falsehood attributed to them.

carhamgrater
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2021, 06:42:47 PM »

No it's not that you're not liked it that you are not known for writing. Many of us when we first posted here were never known for being a 'writer'  Only way to break that cherry is to post a story and find out what type of reaction you receive. You might be surprised that your story is more popular than your personal views!

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2021, 07:55:32 PM »
I've never said I didn't like you. Technically, I'm not the moderator, so you may not mean me. I vote for stories I like, I do not have to like the writer to admit a person is a good writer. I don't actually dislike anyone on this site. I don't agree with many on politics, religion, and such, but it doesn't mean I don't like them.