Author Topic: Jessica’s Jukebox  (Read 7239 times)

SheerHose33
Re: Jessica’s Jukebox
« Reply #255 on: March 10, 2021, 09:16:34 AM »
I didn’t really discover Crowded House until I was older. I knew Weather With You but that was it

Later on well into my 20s a boyfriend actually had this on CD in his car and I really liked it and I happen to know someone here who will see this who loves this song. Let’s just say this is for you, and I enjoy the song as much as you do

It’s Crowded House and “Fall At Your Feet”

carhamgrater
« Reply #256 on: March 10, 2021, 10:00:49 AM »
When that first came out here in Ontario the big comment was "Doesn't the southern hemisphere have any excitement in presentation?" But there is no denying that in this case simplicity is best. A great song that speaks to the heart, the kind of music we need today! merit when the site allows!

Ghost_the_Rapist
« Reply #257 on: May 31, 2021, 01:33:23 PM »
As today is Memorial Day in the U.S., a day to honor and remember those who went overseas to war and never came home…an appropriate and deep song about not only the cost, but those who did come home and remember our fallen. And for my brothers and sisters whose names I shall never forget…

Until Valhalla.

[/url]

SheerHose33
« Reply #258 on: May 31, 2021, 01:37:48 PM »
Powerful stuff and remembering those too. “We don’t know them all but we owe them all”
Thank you for posting and for your service
Merit xx

SheerHose33
« Reply #259 on: June 30, 2021, 04:53:58 PM »
Now ladies and gentleman one of my favorite songs of all time.

It’s no secret  I love Queen. Love Freddie Mercury and we’ll never see another like him.
I like Bohemian Rhapsody ( the song, don’t get me started on that “biopic”)
But I feel it’s overplayed over the years, and I don’t really listen to it much as some Queen fans do.

This is my favorite by Queen it’s Innuendo and what a belter. It’s dark, poignant, theatrical, and has an insane flamenco guitar session in the middle.

It was one of the last tracks by Queen with Freddie, and it’s darkness covers what the band themselves felt and the questions we ask against the inevitable

Enjoy xxx

carhamgrater
« Reply #260 on: June 30, 2021, 06:18:30 PM »
For me Queen was a band who transcended the idea of placing then in a category. They had the ability to play any kind of music in their songs. At no time did they ever beat the listener over the head about what they were going to hear. i can' believe that people who listened to the music didn't checked out more of the various styles they heard  thanks to the invention of the internet! merit four I'll pass along when possible!

Offline darklord

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 727
« Reply #261 on: July 01, 2021, 08:13:40 PM »
That is a good one, Jessica. Nice pick.