Author Topic: Soundtrack to my life  (Read 867 times)

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
Re: Soundtrack to my life
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2021, 02:00:49 AM »
This song came out when I was only 11 years old in 1977, but I thought it was just the coolest song. Such a laid-back vibe. Back then too, the Eagles were huge, so heard this a lot on the radio.

Don't know why there are Spanish subtitles in this video. But still a great video.
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

SheerHose33
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2021, 06:45:37 AM »
Grew up to my dads love of the Eagles so this is a good one

Sorry If this brings the class of the thread down but one of my favs by Taylor Swift
She can be hit and miss this song brought me close to someone as it came out around the time I starting seeing them
So it always has those memories

Taylor Swift-Wildest Dreams

carhamgrater
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2021, 11:25:04 AM »
Vile8r- one of their best songs ever, a cross over hit before it was popular to have one!

Jessica-In my opinion not one of her best songs. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with Taylor but i think 'Teardrops On My Guitar" is far superior than this one!

both gets a merit from me

Offline Seeker

• Graduate
  • Merits 981
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2021, 02:47:17 PM »
Hey all.

Sorry I went AWOL

But here is a band that defined me in some ways back then. Hope you enjoy the flashback...

"Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darkness of other people." Karl Jung.
                                             You can find my portfolio of stories at http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=44259.0

Offline Seeker

• Graduate
  • Merits 981
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2021, 02:52:55 PM »
This may have been posted, but I can't suppress the emotion of listening to this the first time

"Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darkness of other people." Karl Jung.
                                             You can find my portfolio of stories at http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=44259.0

Offline Seeker

• Graduate
  • Merits 981
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2021, 02:57:48 PM »
And literally one of the anthems of my life... for ever... EWF

Offline Seeker

• Graduate
  • Merits 981
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2021, 03:10:19 PM »
Rodrigues was an amazing artist who was never discovered by the mainstream.

Except by Apartheid era white kids... Sugarman is an amazing trip and he is an epic journey... if you're interested Searching for Sugarman is a great film...

carhamgrater
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2021, 03:56:00 PM »
New project -find more to listen to from Rodriguez. Not surprised that he never caught on in America from what i heard they would consider his music to down to earth, not glitz and glam to make him stand out except for pure vocal talent and song writing ability! Merit from me when able to !

SheerHose33
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2021, 05:34:54 AM »
Love Sinead O Connor’s Nothing Compares To You
I used to be scared of her in the video though, and used to ask “why is that woman bald Mummy?”

Great track and going to add it to the tracks of my tears.
Thank you for sharing and merit awarded will check out the others too

Offline darklord

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 711
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2021, 08:55:03 PM »
First time I heard this song. Very moving, Loved it.