Author Topic: Soundtrack to my life  (Read 866 times)

Offline Seeker

• Graduate
  • Merits 981
Soundtrack to my life
« on: October 25, 2020, 02:15:52 PM »
You may have noticed that I've introduced music to some of my latest stories. As we all know, a song triggers a moment, a thought, an emotion.

My life has been a series of soundtracks, which move me forward or take me back.

Chatting to Jess, I decided to add to this fascinating corner of RU and share some of these. Even if as a place to compare soundtracks...

I'll start with a cool live version of the song I referred to in the last chapter of Showtime - Deacon Blue with Chocolate Girl.

"Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darkness of other people." Karl Jung.
                                             You can find my portfolio of stories at http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=44259.0

Offline Seeker

• Graduate
  • Merits 981
Re: Soundtrack to my life
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 02:26:53 PM »
And thought I'd add to this with what I think is an underestimated song of The Eagles - The Last Report

Seems particularly appropriate for the US at this moment in time...

"Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darkness of other people." Karl Jung.
                                             You can find my portfolio of stories at http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=44259.0

carhamgrater
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 03:52:03 PM »
Can't say I have heard of Deacon Blue before which is a pity since the song wasn't that bad! Now the Eagles, I've seen live in Toronto and love the band and their music! Such an appropriate song from them that lyrics are timeless truth of the modern times!

Have to welcome you to the board! Can't say about the rest but this guys loves to hear all kinds of music from all the ages. here's a merit for joining us with a promise of more to come!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 09:16:27 PM »
I've never heard of Deacon Blue either, but yeah not a bad song.  And The Last Resort by the Eagles! Yes! Great choice.  One of the less played songs off Hotel California, which is a shame, it's one of my personal faves from them.  Nice to see you have joined the music forum, Seeker.
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

SheerHose33
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 07:47:53 AM »
Forgive my lateness to come to this. Great post and Deacon Blue was one of my dads favs.
Saw them in Greenock Tall Ships Race back in 2011 great buzz!
Hope to see more of the nostalgia, emotions and poignant times trapped forever in the tracks.
Xx

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 07:47:10 PM »

Well, Jessica, if you want nostalgia, here you go! As a song from the soundtrack of my life, this one rates pretty high. This came out in 1985, in a pretty fun time of my life that I will always remember. I know that Jessica is also a big Simple Minds fan, and so I dedicate this song to her, from one friend to another.
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

SheerHose33
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 04:16:43 AM »
Wow! Love that song. Video was totally 80’s  but gotta love that eagle!
Such a great album Once Upon A Time. Thanks for sharing Vile8r xxx

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 10:26:18 PM »

Dec. 8/1980. I was only 14, lying in bed reading a book when it came on the radio.  John Lennon was dead. The end of one of the great musical talents of the 20th century.

SheerHose33
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2020, 08:07:43 AM »
A good album and a gateway for younger listeners to the word of the Beatles.
John Lennon’s death shocks me that it happened can’t imagine how fans felt at the news
Thanks for posting.

One song from my childhood to your ears
Cheesy as hell but really bring me home to a very British Christmas It’s E17 and Stay Another Day
Though there is nothing Christmassy about the lyrics. I was weak for them at the time.

carhamgrater
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 09:25:47 AM »
Some great music posted! Can't say I remember The Simple Minds tune at all, nor the East 17 song. "Strawberry Fields" was the first song played after the announcement of John's death on many stations here in Toronto.

Offline Seeker

• Graduate
  • Merits 981
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2020, 06:16:09 PM »
Thanks all for waking me back up. Loved those songs Vile and Jess.

Though I'd change it up a little bit and post a song that got me through my PhD....

carhamgrater
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2020, 06:27:23 PM »
A highly under rated band in my opinion since folk rock isn't popular with either radio or video channels. But two better talents  will never be found! merit award by me for this!

SheerHose33
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2020, 11:34:17 AM »
Such a beautiful tune for such a sad song.
Love this one and its emotions belong here xxx

It’s Mazzy Star Into Dust

carhamgrater
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2020, 11:55:39 AM »
What a beautifully haunting song, never heard of the band before but can guarantee that will be remedied! Merit earned when allowed!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2020, 07:45:09 PM »
Graham - can't exactly recall but I think the song they played on my radio station after the announcement of John Lennon's death was "Imagine."

Jess - that E17 song is cool. Love the harmonies.  I have heard of Mazzy Star, but I've never actually heard any of their music. Thank you, it was a nice song.

Seeker - Indigo Girls! Good tune. I haven't heard that in a long time, and I always wished they would have been bigger than they were.