Author Topic: Jess’s British Jewels!  (Read 615 times)

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 534
Re: Jess’s Crown Jewels!
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2020, 06:48:58 PM »
Love that song! I can't remember much of her music from the '80s, don't think she hit it too big in North America, but I do seem to recall the name of Kristy Mccall. I'm sure I saw that video at one time on MuchMusic here in Canada.
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

carhamgrater
Re: Jess’s Crown Jewels!
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2020, 07:50:33 PM »
Like Vile8r I loved the song but with a bit more Brit knowledge I know that Kirsty wasn't played much over here until Tracey Ullman covered "They Don't Know " then they did a one a spotlight on her music. Course Toronto's new multicultural station ONMI TV had her music on many time during the music shows of "Thursday Night Traxs" so i got to enjoy a biweekly dose of her and came to love her music! Upon getting the internet she was one of the first person i searched for! Merit for posting this true treasure!

Offline Jessica_33

• Witch
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 1102
  • Behind Door33 lies.........
Re: Jess’s British Jewels!
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2020, 11:06:53 PM »
Going to fight insomnia tonight With one of my favorite bands
UB40 and Don’t Let It Pass You By

Goodnight xx

darklord
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2020, 07:40:34 AM »
Great music Jessica.  Sweet dreams

carhamgrater
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2020, 11:01:05 AM »
Another band that had a bigger following in Europe than here in Canada. Only around Caribana time did they get major airtime in Toronto!

Offline Jessica_33

• Witch
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 1102
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2020, 11:17:07 AM »
One of my favs and was one of my healing tracks back in darker days

If there was a list of my sex/make out songs this would be up there
So Early 90s UK coming out of the second Summer of Love 89
Trippy, progressive, confusing but awesome it’s
Primal Scream Come Together

carhamgrater
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2020, 04:11:36 PM »
Once more you have introduced me to a new band to check out.  Can't say they ever had a following in Toronto So this is all new to me. Really like what they are saying with the lyrics. Video is a bit of an epileptic nightmare in my eyes!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 534
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2020, 03:29:49 PM »
I remember this group, Primal Scream, but can't say I was very familiar with their music. I think I recall hearing one or two of their songs, neither of which was this one! LOL. 
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

Offline Jessica_33

• Witch
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 1102
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2021, 06:58:37 AM »
Been awhile since I’ve been here but as it’s that time of the year again it’s time to walk down memory lane.
This is one of my total self absorbed bedroom thumpers and appreciated it in my early teens
Along with Hole, Morrisette,  Soundgarden, Primal Scream, and Alice In Chains

It’s Garbage and Stupid Girl

carhamgrater
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2021, 11:41:35 AM »
I'm a huge fan of Garbage! (Pun not intended!) A great bands that barely gets airtime here since their music is consider radio feiendly (Aka don't make us money enough to get played!) Will have to owe you a merit for posting them!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 534
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2021, 10:44:54 PM »
Never considered myself a fan of Garbage, but I liked a few of their songs, such as this one and Only Happy When It Rains. Shirley Manson was good and whenever I hear them on the radio it usually brings back pleasant memories of the '90s.

Offline Jessica_33

• Witch
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 1102
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2021, 09:08:09 AM »
This is blast from the past regularly heard on radio
My father loved this song and always associated it with my older sister being born as it played on the way home from the hospital.

I love the backing and unique sound to it, and the words are quite deep. About  a drug or a woman? You decide. Didn’t really listen to anything else they’ve done. This is a staple of British pop.

It’s The Stranglers and Golden Brown

carhamgrater
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2021, 11:24:26 AM »
Another song that always bugged me from the minute it started playing! Could have (should have) been kept 'across the pond' as the saying goes over here!

Offline Jessica_33

• Witch
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 1102
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2021, 04:18:51 AM »
This is for a certain someone to say I do like the Smiths but don’t see why they are as big as they are. But this is one of my favs by them.

Usually played in pubs on the jukebox especially after some bad music choices.

It’s The Smiths Panic

carhamgrater
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2021, 12:44:37 PM »
There are a cult band over here, never getting lots of air play but they constantly sell out clubs and small venue shows whenever they play Toronto! Another good pick Jessica! Earns a merit!