Author Topic: September 2020 Writing Contest  (Read 602 times)

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 315
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
September 2020 Writing Contest
« on: September 03, 2020, 12:22:05 PM »
Welcome to the September Writing Contest

Okay, let’s get started, ready set…

No, no, not yet. Not until me and everyone here get the rules straightened out.

Rules? In a writing contest? No rules, we just write.

Okay then, make your story as long or short as you want, write on any subject you’d like. Just write.

Even so, we need a few rules. So, here goes, enter between the 1st day and the last day of September. It should be a complete story, you know, a beginning, middle, and end. This should be the first posting of the story.

Post the story in its proper category and post a link and possibly a short description in this thread.

You can use any, all, or none of the following to stir your imagination. They are only prompts not items that must be included in the contest.

1.   Blindfold
2.   A Surprise from Behind
3.   A Lollipop Tease
4.   Against the Wall

Okay, now, write, write, and write some more.
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 315
Re: September 2020 Writing Contest
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 12:24:18 PM »
Sorry about the delay on getting this up, health issues with my mom (adoptive). The rushing between here and there caused me to have a brain fart.

carhamgrater
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 01:06:16 PM »
You are only three days late, still leaves us 27 days to write and post so what's with the apology! We still have plenty of time to write and post! hell it's not like it's the 30th at 11:59:59! :emot_rotf.gif:

Offline LtBroccoli

• Senior
  • Merits 105
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 11:47:54 AM »
Two questions on the standalone story part:

Does it have to be completely stand alone or could it be a sequel to an existing story?  One that I'm working on is part of an overarching story but this story is a stand-alone night that takes place about a month after the previous section.

Can it be split into chapters?  Said story might get a little unwieldy as one big block, but I can manage it if needed.
Always close the program you were running before exiting the holodeck

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 315
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 09:40:35 AM »
fit has a beginning middle and end it works. The end doesn't have the end just the end of the story which you post. Endings in stories are where we leave off, a story is always a slice, something went on before, things continue after. I hope that helps.

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 315
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 11:09:39 AM »
Getting late in the month to have no entries. I'm busy this month, but will try write something. But we need some entries to have a contest, so come gang, lets get with it.

Offline bobbyjoecrossdresser

• Sophomore
  • Merits 4
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 10:52:00 AM »
Oh, wow, I came here to read this months entries, get a jump on it before the contest started, and there are none.

Typewriters, Keyboards, and Writers Block, I guess.
Boys make the best Girls

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 315
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2020, 03:44:52 PM »
I wrote and edited this story yesterday (Sunday September 27).

It's a creepy little tale about Cliff and Iris and their hook up. I hope you find it entertaining.

A Kiss Before We Part by Millie Dynamite

Now guys, don't let this tale be the only one in the contest. Come on man! Write something FAST

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 261
  • That's me in the pic. I'm the tall one.
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 07:07:51 PM »
Well, I made use of none of the prompts this time. In fact I didn't think much about the contest. But I did post a few stories this month so why not? I give you all...

Hung Out to Freeze
The rumors about me are scurrilous, depraved rantings of a sick mind, and I categorically deny any sense of falsehood attributed to them.

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 315
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 11:05:46 AM »
A small note on my latest story, the "creature" of the story changed from my original outline. I'd already written a story, one of my favorites, that used the same being and as I wrote it the "thing" just morphed. It isn't a terrifying tale, Perhaps a little big spooky, but I don't consider it at all scary. I put in extreme as well you have to read it to know why.

I outlined an anthology of three tales. the title was to be An Anthology of Terror. I'm still doing the other two stories, but no one was entering the September contest, so, I felt compelled to do this one in a rush to hopefully get some of you on board with writing for September, or entering what you have written and published this month. I may flesh out the story more for the Anthology or leave it as it is. I don't know, I write when I can and when Miss Muse whispers in my ear. I need her encouragement to do my best work, and sometimes, even with her help, the stories suck big time.

If you haven't checked it out, please do, the link is in a post above SoftGameHunter's.

I called this little tale A Kiss Before We Part.

Offline LtBroccoli

• Senior
  • Merits 105
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2020, 04:03:57 PM »
I was halfway through the story by the time I read the prompts.

Dentist Chair Story codes (Mf, inc, drugged, rape).  The story of a man taking his daughter to a full-service dentist.  Inspired by the Dental Care series by StoryMaster back from the ASSM days, this is written in a screenplay format.
Always close the program you were running before exiting the holodeck