Author Topic: The August "Flash in a Pan" Writing contest  (Read 1815 times)

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
The August "Flash in a Pan" Writing contest
« on: August 01, 2020, 12:32:15 PM »
The August Writing contest

Open to all members of RU, from the most prolific to first-time storytellers at RU. This month is a flash story contest.

1.   Stories are posted in the proper categories, and the links are submitted by the author in this thread for the August Writing Contest.
2.   The story must be original new material, and this will be its first posting. While any story used may be part of an ongoing tale, the entry should have a beginning middle and end.
3.   The story should be no more than 3000 words.
4.   The story for this month must be submitted between Saturday, August 1st, and Monday, August 31st.
5.   The story is to be posted in its proper category with a link and short description or hook for the story here.
6.   Please refrain from posting your story at other sites until the completion of the contest and voting.
7.    Voting is open to all registered RU members and will begin on September 1st and continue to September 15the.

Shall we begin?
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!

Offline amandablonde

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1091
Re: The August "Flash in a Pan" Writing contest
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 06:34:55 AM »
My story this month was inspired by one of our German speaking friends, so I have called it Uwe's Story. In this story I turn the tables on a rapist on the run and I rape him and make him my slave: http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=47727.0
accomplice of evil

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1088
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 04:55:29 PM »
What are you meaning by "flash" story? Where somebody is flashing someone, or getting flashed? Or am I out to lunch and not getting the real meaning?  :confused:
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

carhamgrater
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 05:26:10 PM »
I'm taking it to mean a one off story written especially for this months contest! But like you I'm not exactly what she is looking for!

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 05:44:40 PM »
Flash stories are short, under 3000 words is what I set it as, but they can be as short as you want. I have read few that were under 1000 words. Still, it must have a beginning middle and end.

It begins and ends in a furious flash.

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1088
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 06:12:01 PM »
Flash stories are short, under 3000 words is what I set it as, but they can be as short as you want. I have read few that were under 1000 words. Still, it must have a beginning middle and end.

Ahhhh, I get what you're meaning now! Exactly what the instructions said!  ;D  Thanks Millie!
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 509
  • That's me in the pic. I'm the tall one.
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 06:17:09 PM »
Nuts, my latest is too long by 20%. Oh well, guess I'll just not post it.  :'(

Nah, I'll post it anyway. I was hoping to enter it, though. Oh well.
The rumors about me are scurrilous, depraved rantings of a sick mind, and I categorically deny any sense of falsehood attributed to them.

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 06:28:31 PM »
Nuts, my latest is too long by 20%. Oh well, guess I'll just not post it.  :'(

Nah, I'll post it anyway. I was hoping to enter it, though. Oh well.

Sorry, we will go back to a window on the word count next month. I don't know if I'll get to enter one this time around or not. :)

Offline LtBroccoli

• Undergrad
  • Merits 487
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 06:35:13 PM »

Ahhhh, I get what you're meaning now! Exactly what the instructions said!  ;D  Thanks Millie!

What about a flash story about flashing?  Maybe they get scared off with a flash-bang.
Always close the program you were running before exiting the holodeck

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 06:40:51 PM »

What about a flash story about flashing?  Maybe they get scared off with a flash-bang.

If that's what you want to write for the contest, "get-er done."

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 509
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2020, 06:42:51 PM »
How about a flash-mob flashing?
The rumors about me are scurrilous, depraved rantings of a sick mind, and I categorically deny any sense of falsehood attributed to them.

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2020, 03:34:06 PM »
Okay, to help you out with the concept of the flash story, this is from a literary website about the most common flash-story.

"What is flash fiction and how long is it? The typical definition of flash fiction is a short fiction story of under 1500 words, usually under 1000 words. While flash fiction is written in pretty much any genre, popular genres include: romance, thrillers, horror, sci-fi, and fanfiction.

Notable flash fiction include fables like Aesop’s Fables and classics from writers like Walt Whitman. Flash fiction stories tend to be published in anthologies, journals, and collections.

Flash fiction is extremely difficult to write well because the writer has to cover a lot of ground with few words. Imagine the typical story arch with a beginning, rising action, climax, and conclusion. Many flash fiction stories are able to touch on all of those elements, all within the strict word count. The word limit provides a very creative challenge."

In sex stories, it is more of scene that has a begin, middle and end. Much of what has gone on before is unknown, what happens next is a mystery. Flash fiction in erotica is often called jerk off stories.

As always, I play lose with most rules and never disqualify a story for not meeting guidelines. However, I'm going to do a flash story for the contest that fits the classic model and limit myself to the 1500 words (I hope). I'm not working today as I have been in the field for a few weeks letting those that I supervise have some time off. I write the story today  I hope and publish it tomorrow or Sunday.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 03:54:23 PM by 90lbsofdynamite »

Offline LtBroccoli

• Undergrad
  • Merits 487
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2020, 04:04:07 PM »
How about a flash-mob flashing?

I'm glad I'm seeing this when I'm sober.  Flash Gang Gang Bang.
Always close the program you were running before exiting the holodeck

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 509
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2020, 02:10:08 PM »
Alright, at about 1300 words, I give you all...

Gentle Angel

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2020, 07:25:26 PM »
cool