Author Topic: RIP Kirk Douglas  (Read 435 times)

darklord
RIP Kirk Douglas
« on: February 05, 2020, 06:50:08 PM »
One of the greats that made Hollywood what it is.

Offline Army of One

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 119
Re: RIP Kirk Douglas
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 07:42:57 PM »
And he made it so for quite a while. Wasn't he still acting well into his 90s?
Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Shocker
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 07:59:51 PM »
I'm very sad to hear this, I only watched War Wagon the day before yesterday.

He was one of the real great actors, and the world was better for having him in it. But his countless classic roles also make him immortal as long as people recognize good movies.

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1094
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 01:52:23 AM »
Amen to a true Hollywood hero!
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

Tony V.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 03:46:34 PM »
As a true fan of Kirk Douglas, I remember him in one role in particular.....

The title role in "The Villian." An 80's send up of the types of movies which made Kirk Douglas a Star. He was magnificent at poking fun at himself, and having Ann - Margaret to drool over wasn't bad either.

He WILL be MISSED!!!

Tony V.                     :police:

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1094
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 11:42:17 PM »
A favorite role of his that I always liked was Archie Long, in the movie Tough Guys from 1986, where Kirk co-starred with Burt Lancaster. They played old aging gangsters who had just been released after lengthy prison terms, and who found out they just couldn't fit in with the criminal world of the 1980s. Yet they could still kick some ass! It was hilarious. And then they decided to do something no criminals had done in a long, long time.....rob a train! Sure they could go back to jail but they really didn't care! It was a great performance by two of Hollywood's best tough guys from the 50s and 60s!
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

Offline bra_lover

• Undergrad
  • Merits 6
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 04:20:03 AM »
A favorite role of his that I always liked was Archie Long, in the movie Tough Guys from 1986, where Kirk co-starred with Burt Lancaster. They played old aging gangsters who had just been released after lengthy prison terms, and who found out they just couldn't fit in with the criminal world of the 1980s. Yet they could still kick some ass! It was hilarious. And then they decided to do something no criminals had done in a long, long time.....rob a train! Sure they could go back to jail but they really didn't care! It was a great performance by two of Hollywood's best tough guys from the 50s and 60s!

I love that movie!
Methodist with a bra fetish!

Offline Brokenwing

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 231
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 08:55:08 PM »
There was a movie on the other day about America during the McCarthy accusing everyone of being communist and the Hollywood blacklist.

It was frightening to see how nutty the government could go.

Unless I remember wrong Kirk Douglas was key in breaking the banning of the writers on the blacklist. 
Just a moment to post a reply to an authors story makes it worth the hours of writing and editing the story.

darklord
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 10:58:52 PM »
There was a movie on the other day about America during the McCarthy accusing everyone of being communist and the Hollywood blacklist.

It was frightening to see how nutty the government could go.

Unless I remember wrong Kirk Douglas was key in breaking the banning of the writers on the blacklist. 

Yes, Dalton Trumbo was blacklisted, but Kirk wanted him on Spartacus and got him. The rest as they say, is history.

Shocker
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2020, 06:26:41 AM »
The important part was that Dalton Trumbull’s was actually credited under his real name for the movie. Apparently it was not uncommon to employ blacklisted writers, but the credit them under an alias. 

Offline subgirl

• Graduate
  • Merits 387
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2020, 01:43:48 PM »

I love that movie

my fav was out of the past like third movie you see star in making

I am  Surgirl no I am subgril
nerd milf of 3

Offline subgirl

• Graduate
  • Merits 387
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2020, 01:46:06 PM »
march 5th TCM well rembear him all day long
nerd milf of 3