Author Topic: The Magical World of Uncompleted Works  (Read 333 times)

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
The Magical World of Uncompleted Works
« on: February 05, 2020, 11:53:59 AM »
I’m having no trouble at with ghost writing. I receive a plot outline and detailed chapter outline and write in their world. It’s rewarding financially, artistically not so much. However, on my own work I’m start a lot of work and finishing very little.

I’m quite excited about us restarting the Ravish Monthly Writing Contest. I want to enter this month’s in the worst of ways, and yet, I just can’t get going on a single story. Why? I haven’t a clue!

I write until the wee hours of the mornings on my paid work, so I can write in the early evenings on my own creations. I’m done with my current stories; therefore, I can write anytime I’m not working at my job. So, what’s the big deal? Haven’t got a clue.

Jo asked me last night, “What are you working on now?”

“Not sure, just going through all my options.”

“Just pick one and write,” she told me. “You’ve created the magical world of uncompleted works, so just finish something.”

I have ten stories in some various stage of non-completion. DAMN irritating development. Can I get advice, sympathy, a swift kick in the skirt, a shot of vodka maybe.
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
Re: The Magical World of Uncompleted Works
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 12:19:31 PM »
My problem isn't ideas, or feelings, it's staying on one story. I'm somewhat stifled by ghostwriting. the working on other peoples ideas, keeps my own ideas pilling up in my brain. At first, no big deal do two to four starts and finish one. But at some point, the black log becomes staggering. I can't tell you the total of stories that  have rough outlines, and from one to four thousand words that are just not fished or near finishing. Maybe I need to clear my head, read plot outlines until one of those started stories grabs me. Or grabs me again, then again, maybe I just need a fresh idea and plow through to a finish. I had a horror Valentine story I started, which I want to write. But honestly, if I follow the outline it's way to long for the contest.

I've taken a personal day today. We have snow here in OKC. It isn't a yearly thing around here. I didn't take off because of the snow, but to write. I had put in for it a few weeks back. Today with a possible tomorrow day off as well. All to write for me. And I just can't land on one story. So, where's that vodka? There it is. One small drink for a woman, one giant gulp for womankind and back trying to break the block.

Thanks Neighbor!

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
Re: The Magical World of Uncompleted Works
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 01:54:17 PM »
Holy shit, dude! This story has an eerie familiarity to it.