Author Topic: Guilty Pleasures  (Read 3712 times)

SheerHose33
Guilty Pleasures
« on: November 02, 2019, 11:27:14 PM »
I love my music I must say
Though some of it is annoying, catchy, or downright rubbish
I do like these songs
This is a thread to the guilty pleasures in my life
This is open to anyone. Enjoy xxxx

This Is Five Keep’ On’ Movin’

carhamgrater
Re: Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 05:49:02 AM »
Video Blocked to Canadians!

I could set up a website of my musical guilty pleasures! let's start with B*Witched first hit "C'est La Vie"

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1084
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 12:10:08 AM »
One of my guilty pleasures:

I have always considered myself an enemy of disco, it was a blight on music in the 1970s! LOL. And yet.....I still catch myself cranking this song whenever I hear it.   ::)

I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

SheerHose33
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 05:38:47 AM »
Nothing wrong with KC and The Sunshine Band

This one is from 1992 and only really liked it when I discovered it in my late 20s.
Very much part of the early 90s London Techno and Donning the voice of Kate Bush.

It’s Utah Saints Something Good

Must have been popular as a remix named Something Good 08 was released of that year
Here it is too, it’s quite a humorous video.

Offline Grumpy

• Undergrad
  • Merits 80
  • Enslavement of beauty is nature in action
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 06:18:04 AM »
I listened that 08 remix to shreds back in the day :P

Got it sent to me by some brits through a game. Love the video, having him sign over the running man to MC Hammer xD

carhamgrater
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 06:59:24 AM »
Vile8r- nothing wrong with KC. at least that one was is considered an anthem!

Jessica- was never big into techno but that one was well worth listening to, even the updated version!

I just introduced Tammy to this guilty pleasure of mine- Sarah Brightman with "Gothica Intro" into "Fleurs Du Mal" from her CD "Symphony"

SheerHose33
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 11:01:36 AM »
That was really powerful stuff Graham felt like I had to sit still while it played

Ok this one is a true guilty pleasure, always lifts me up and even though Tony Blair ruined it for many
I like it and can’t help throwing my hands in the air.
Been a break up song, an exam failure song, and a general times song but I love it
D-Ream Things Can Only Get Better

Also I better mention the cringe Labour Party Campaign advert in 1997

Enjoy or get sick!

darklord
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 11:39:26 AM »
Lots of guilty pleasures, but this is one I keep going back to.  Matchbox Twenty.  3AM

SheerHose33
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2019, 12:30:18 PM »
Never heard that Darklord but it wasn’t bad

Don’t know wether to put this in Jessica’s Jukebox or this but it is a guilty pleasure as it is pretty cheesy.
It is the One and Only Chesney Hawkes with his One and Only Hit
I was 5 when this came out and I used to sing it religiously then and I still have my moments with it now

It’s Chesney Hawkes The One And Only

carhamgrater
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2019, 12:43:47 PM »
Jessica-Never heard that song nor of the artist before. Must have been a U.K. artist only. Not bad  will look for more from him. It's nice to see the UK politicians ruin music like american ones do!
As for Chesney Hawkes he's another one who never managed to make an impact here in North America

Darklord- a classic of the nineties

Another guilty pleasure that flamed out fast for me was A trio of Irish girls called Triniti- great vocal harmonies, dynamite looking but they failed to impress the market and drifted apart with in a year of releasing their only CD

Offline Grumpy

• Undergrad
  • Merits 80
  • Enslavement of beauty is nature in action
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2019, 06:59:35 PM »
I've heard The One And Only many, many times. Again I discovered it through games :)

If you speak with anyone who was around for the early days of counter-strike, they'll know that refrain by heart. It's almost like an in-joke nowadays, hehe.

chg, I think The One And Only was a soundtrack to a movie, too. Can't remember which one though.

carhamgrater
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2019, 12:59:44 PM »
There is nothing like the guilty pleasure of a good parody of a classic rock anthem.

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1084
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2019, 12:02:22 PM »
Jessica - I like that Chesney Hawkes song. I had never heard it before either. I've heard of Nik Kershaw before, always loved his '80s hit, "Wouldn't It Be Nice", but never heard of Chesney. But a very likeable, catchy song.

Carhamgrater - I never knew the Muppets did a parody of "Bohemian Rhapsody." So cool!

This is another guilty pleasure of mine from the '80s. I actually sort of hated this song when it first came out, I thought it was stupid, lol! But over the years, it has grown on me. XTC was always very under-rated in my opinion, overshadowed by other more popular British acts at the time. XTC was a very, shall we say, eclectic group, and couldn't really be nailed down to any particular musical style or genre, which probably contributed to their lack of mainstream success.

I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

carhamgrater
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2019, 04:03:14 PM »
I saw XTC live in Toronto and they were a a great live band, never cared for their CD's or LP's though! Great choice though probably the best song they ever did!

carhamgrater
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2019, 01:21:13 PM »
Was made to listen to this one because my sisters thought he sounded and look dreamy! Who would have guest that i fell in love with the lyrics while reading "The Red Badge Of Courage" By Stephan Crane