Author Topic: Historical connections  (Read 35860 times)

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 721
  • But would you really want her?
Re: Historical connections
« Reply #1845 on: March 29, 2024, 01:06:18 PM »
As it became clear that the civil war would end in a Union victory, Congress debated the process for the readmission of seceded states during the Reconstruction Era. Radical and moderate Republicans disagreed over the nature of secession, the conditions for readmission, and the desirability of social reforms as a consequence of the Confederate defeat. Lincoln favored the "ten percent plan" and vetoed the radical Wade–Davis Bill, which proposed harsh conditions for readmission.
When I get around to it, I'll write

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1103
« Reply #1846 on: April 04, 2024, 08:08:28 PM »
The Wade-Davis Bill was written by two Radical Republicans, Senator Benjamin Wade of Ohio and Representative Henry Winter Davis of Maryland, and proposed to base the Reconstruction of the South on the federal government's power to guarantee a republican form of government.
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 721
« Reply #1847 on: April 05, 2024, 12:02:12 PM »
Senator Benjamin Wade  had the 1868 impeachment of U.S. President Andrew Johnson led to a conviction in the Senate, as president pro tempore of the U.S. Senate, Wade would have become president for the remaining nine months of Johnson's term.

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1103
« Reply #1848 on: April 08, 2024, 02:17:52 PM »
On the night of April 14, 1865, when President Abraham Lincoln was assassinated, there was also a conspiracy to kill Andrew Johnson, who was Vice President at the time. However, Johnson's would-be assassin, George Atzerodt, got too drunk and didn't complete his mission.
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 721
« Reply #1849 on: April 08, 2024, 03:46:08 PM »
Andrew Johnson was a Democrat who ran with Abraham Lincoln on the National Union Party ticket, coming to office as the Civil War concluded. He favored quick restoration of the seceded states to the Union without protection for the newly freed people who were formerly enslaved. This led to conflict with the Republican-dominated Congress, culminating in his impeachment by the House of Representatives in 1868. He was acquitted in the Senate by one vote.

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1103
« Reply #1850 on: April 19, 2024, 09:54:28 PM »
May 26, 1868 – Fenian bomber Michael Barrett becomes the last person publicly hanged in the United Kingdom.
May 29, 1868 – The Parliament of the United Kingdom passes the Capital Punishment Amendment Act, thus ending public hanging.

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 721
« Reply #1851 on: April 20, 2024, 01:59:22 PM »
May 29th, 1886- American pharmacist John Pemberton begins to advertise his patent medicine - Coca-Cola in Atlanta, Georgia

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1103
« Reply #1852 on: April 21, 2024, 04:32:46 PM »
 In 2013, Coke products were sold in over 200 countries worldwide, with consumers drinking more than 1.8 billion company beverage servings each day.[1]

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 721
« Reply #1853 on: April 21, 2024, 06:26:02 PM »
The Coca-Cola Company produces concentrate, which is then sold to licensed Coca-Cola bottlers throughout the world. The bottlers, who hold exclusive territory contracts with the company, produce the finished product in cans and bottles from the concentrate, in combination with filtered water and sweeteners.

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1103
« Reply #1854 on: April 22, 2024, 10:04:24 PM »
A Spanish drink called "Kola Coca" was presented at a contest in Philadelphia in 1885, a year before the official birth of Coca-Cola. The rights for this Spanish drink were bought by Coca-Cola in 1953.[15]

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 721
« Reply #1855 on: April 23, 2024, 12:50:14 PM »
In 1886, when Atlanta and Fulton County passed prohibition legislation, Pemberton responded by developing Coca-Cola, a nonalcoholic version of Pemberton's French Wine Coca. It was marketed as "Coca-Cola: The temperance drink", which appealed to many people as the temperance movement enjoyed wide support during this time. The first sales were at Jacob's Pharmacy in Atlanta, Georgia, on May 8, 1886, where it initially sold for five cents a glass.

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1103
« Reply #1856 on: April 28, 2024, 10:05:26 PM »

May 1, 1886 – A general strike begins in the United States, which escalates on May 4 into the Haymarket affair in Chicago, and eventually wins the eight-hour day for workers.

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 721
« Reply #1857 on: April 29, 2024, 11:11:03 AM »
May 1St, 1920- Legendary slugger Babe Ruth records his first HR for the New York Yankees in 6-0 win over his former club, the Boston Red Sox.

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1103
« Reply #1858 on: May 06, 2024, 10:46:58 PM »
The New York Yankees were founded in 1903 when Frank Farrell and Bill Devery purchased the franchise rights to the defunct Baltimore Orioles (no relation to the current team of the same name) after it ceased operations and used them to establish the New York Highlanders.[6][a] The Highlanders were officially renamed the Yankees in 1913.

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 721
« Reply #1859 on: May 07, 2024, 02:30:04 PM »
The New York Highlanders' 1903 season was the team's first and was managed by Clark Griffith and played its home games at Hilltop Park (formally "American League Park"). The club was at first officially the "Greater New York" baseball club, in deference to the established New York Giants, which were based in the Polo Grounds. This was the first season for the franchise that would be later known as the now-storied New York Yankees. They finished in 4th place in the AL with a record of 72–62.