Author Topic: The Midnight Man (Finished)  (Read 8452 times)

SheerHose33
The Midnight Man (Finished)
« on: June 21, 2019, 07:21:48 PM »
Step 1: Write your name on a piece of paper. It must be your full name – first name, middle name and last name.

Step 2: Prick your finger and place a drop of blood on the piece of paper. Allow the blood to soak in.
Step 3: Turn off all the lights in your house and stand at your front door. The door must be wooden.
Step 4: Place the piece of paper in front of the door. Light the candle and place it on top of the piece of paper.
Step 5: At the stroke of midnight, knock on your front door 22 times. You must finish knocking before the clock moves to 12:01 AM.
Step 6: Open the front door and blow out the candle.
Step 7: Close the door again and immediately relight the candle.

You have just invited the Midnight Man into your home.
Now, the midnight game begins.
You must walk around the house in the dark with the lit candle in hand. Your goal is to avoid the Midnight Man at all costs until exactly 3:33 AM. If your candle goes out, it means the Midnight Man is near you. You have to relight the candle within the next ten seconds or the Midnight Man will get you. The candle is your only protection.
If you are able to relight the candle within this time, you can continue moving around the house, avoiding the Midnight Man.
If you are not able to relight the candle fast enough, you must immediately surround yourself with a circle of salt. You must remain within the circle of salt until 3:33 AM. The salt is your last line of defence. Do not step outside the circle of salt or the Midnight Man will get you.
If you make it to 3:33 AM without being trapped within the circle of salt, it means you have won the Midnight Game.
Whatever happens, the Midnight Man will leave at 3:33 AM and, if you are still alive, it is safe to go to sleep.
If you spend the entire game staying in the one spot, this will only result in the Midnight Man finding you. It is HIGHLY advised that you keep moving throughout the game.
Signs that the Midnight Man is nearby:
1. Your candle will blow out.
2. You will suddenly feel extremely cold.
3. You will hear a low whisper.
4. You will see the shadowy figure of a man in the darkness.

DO NOT turn on any lights during the Midnight Game.
DO NOT use a flashlight during the Midnight Game.
DO NOT fall asleep during the Midnight Game.
DO NOT use another person’s blood on the paper that bears your name.
DO NOT try to use a lighter instead of a candle. It will not work.
DO NOT attempt to provoke or anger the Midnight Man in ANY WAY.
It must be exactly 12:00 AM when you begin performing the ritual, otherwise it will not work.
Some final words of advice:
Do not play this game. There are many dangers involved. Summoning a spirit or inviting a ghost or demon into your home is incredibly dangerous. You could be abducted or become possessed. Running around with matches and candles in the dark is extremely dangerous. Do not burn yourself or set your house on fire. Pricking your finger and messing around with blood is dangerous. Do not allow yourself to come into contact with someone else’s blood. You could catch a fatal disease. Finally, our advice to you is: Do not play this game.

Lucinda read the rules on her laptop and smirked.
“What rubbish they come up in the States” she thought. Though it did sound fun.
It was the last few weeks of university and her roommates and her were having one last party before the break. She was the only one who didn’t have a boyfriend, and she wanted it to be just about the girls.
“But no doubt Stefani and Lyla would bring Gregory and Allan to the party.

They lived in a typical overpriced rented accommodation near the University Of Nottingham.
It was in poor condition and the only reason the three girls were there because it was at least more affordable than London. Lucinda was from a classy upbringing, and enjoyed the finer things in life, but her Trust Fund had been severely dented beyond repair and her student loan had been left in her hands after some heated exchanges with her parents. So it was either her suave lifestyle or her expensive university campus that suffered. It was the latter and the though the outgoing girl found the new accommodation, sub standard. She managed to keep up her meals out and shopping sprees, while balancing university, her part time job and her many gentleman suitors.
Her last boyfriend, had been serious and they split as they were in two separate parts of the country.
 They still texted and even called the occasional time, but he had a new girl and that had slightly fluttered, the brunette. So she enjoyed herself. Waitressing on weekends getting tips with her slim eye-catching figure and charm while going on dates with the University of Nottingham’s finest, looking for love. Mostly it was just chat, an occasional kiss, rarely sex, but she did have her moments. Lucinda was supposed to be studying for her exams but instead went on her laptop. Selfies, bloggers, influencers and gossip was now her main subject matter and her expensive social science degree was slipping away. She changed her outfit three times that day alone to eventually a blue and white checkered dress, that was cute but too good for lounging around in. Her make up was perfect even though she had no where to be. She had to look beautiful for her selfies, and her Tinder profile.

The party was to be that night and the three girls had taken a drive to the off license to pick up the bottles of cheap wine and Bucks Fizz.
Stefani liked the paranormal side of life and talked of her own experiences, she was quite alternative, quirky and strikingly beautiful. Her long black hair with a purple streak gave a mystic look and her face small and button nosed was always decorated in striking make up. Her boyfriend Gregory was equally alternative and was part of an online campaign group against chemtrails and other conspiracies of the hour.
She was convinced the house was haunted and made it clear that the house was unnaturally cold.
It could have been that the house was haunted or the fact the extractor fan was fitted the wrong way around, but she chose the former and her bedroom consisted of healing crystals and dream catchers.

Lyla was the quiet one of the group a girl who lived in her books and games and her equally quiet and book-smart other half Allan.
She was studying biology and she was one that was going places. She had a round affable face, blonde hair, but was more curvy and carried extra weight than the other two. She wore mostly out of date clothes checkered blouses leggings and jeans. However she was content and Allan was her first serious boyfriend. From what the two others found out during confessions night A game that they revealed things about themselves over a glass or ten of wine.
That Lyla had only ever had sex with Allan and she was thrilled by that. Stefani’s number was vastly higher and Lucinda was up to 12. They enjoyed these nights of random games and chit chat. They all felt a bond since they all met and they knew they’d miss each other immensely that summer.

The evening was drawing closer and one by one they arrived back home from university. Lucinda had stayed home to study and didn’t get much done. She kept thinking of the Midnight Man game. “It could be fun” she thought. Lyla would get scared and she’d add to the suspense.
Lyla was downstairs cooking pasta.

“Hi Lucinda, did you get much done today?” She asked as her glasses got steamed up from saucepan.
Lucinda folded her arms and leaned against the wall. “Not as much as I would have hoped” she looked at her phone and caught up with the 10 minutes of social media she’d missed.
“Would you like some pasta” Lyla asked kindly as she stirred a red sauce into the pot.
“Would love some cheers!” Lucinda smiled as she remembered she had little in her fridge.
They sat on the alcohol stained sofa with their bowls of food and watched reruns of old American comedies which they still giggled to.

Not long after the key in the front door turned and Stefani appeared. Headphones, moody face and wearing black. Today she had purple lipstick and her face was white as snow. Her attire was black save her tartan skirt, her legs were long and were complimented well in the sheer black tights. Her transformation from slightly alternative to Level 10 goth was nearly complete. She put her vintage satchel on the table.
“There is pasta girl” Lyla said.

“Vegetarian?” Asked Stefani in her new university non conformist accent. Lucinda had never known anyone to change so fast and extremely as Stefani had. It was all Gregory’s doing.
“Oh yes, sun-dried tomato flavor” Lyla smiled. She had a cute face and when she smiled she lit the whole room up.
“Cool I’m starving thanks chick” Stefani walked into the kitchen.
When she returned she sat in her place on an armchair taking  of her Doc Martin boots and curling up with her food.
“So what’s happening tonight?” She asked.
“Well drinks chats and some games” Lucinda announced as it was her role.
“What kind of games tonight? I beat you all at Scrabble and Cluedo” Lyla raised her hand in mock victory.
“Yes well not scrabble or Cluedo” Lucinda said getting up to the kitchen to take someone’s milk and fill a glass of it.
She returned to sit back down.
“I was thinking something a bit more edgy and fun” she resumed her eating.

“The ouija board” Stefani gasped hopefully.
“No........fucking way!”Both Lyla and Lucinda exclaimed.
“Never again.......” Lucinda shuddered. They had once tried the occult practice last Halloween, and though Lucinda was certain they were moving the glass themselves, it still gave her nightmares.
“Well we’ll see what the blokes want to play” Stefani said.
Lucinda was crestfallen.
“The blokes are calling over? I thought it was just us” she sounded disheartened.
“Just for a short while to have a drink and........” Lyla was cut off.
“Talk conspiracy bollocks” Lucinda added indignantly.

“No.......to have a drink and.......” Lyla blushed.
“Oh right sorry.....I forgot, getting cock these days is more important than sisterhood” Lucinda rolled her eyes. As beautiful and desirable as she was she hadn’t been active in the last two months and she was jealous.
“Actually we can still play games” she said getting up.
“Maybe we can do something you’d like after all it’s your turn to pick the game” she said to Stefani.
“Ok cool, what do you want to play?” Stefani scraped her bowl for the last bite.
“Hang on I’ll get it it’s on my laptop” Lucinda ran up the stairs and returned shortly with her laptop opened and the Midnight Man game on the screen.

She placed it on the table and the two other girls read it out aloud.
“Wow” Stefani said as she crouched down to read it.
“That’s mildly terrifying” Lyla remarked.
All off a sudden the door blew open making them all jump.
“Stefani! You didn’t close the door properly you really must check, the place will be robbed if you were last to leave”
Lucinda slammed it shut.
“Sorry.....but the landlord supposed to fix that ages ago” she looked back at the screen.
“I know, but he’s a waste of space” Lucinda said sitting back down to finish her milk.
“And a creepy bastard too” Lyla muttered.
It was true they were sure washing on the line was taken by him. They just couldn’t prove it.

“So what do you think? A few drinks and we’ll play this it will be fun, even with the men” Lucinda smiled cheekily.
Lyla looked doubtful.
Stefani nodded. “Oh yes....this will be so scary I love it”
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 05:42:50 PM by Jessica_33 »

darklord
Re: The Midnight Man
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 07:40:45 PM »
I LOVE THIS!  I hope they summon the midnight man and he....Oh, sorry got ahead of myself. Seriously great setup.  Love the game description at the beginning.   Merit time.

carhamgrater
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 08:22:52 PM »
Now this has the making of a damn fine Hollywood style horror movie feel to it. Can't wait until the real action to see just how perverted a midnight man can be! Merit forthcoming from me!

Offline Rachel_Thornton

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1267
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 09:05:45 PM »
Well this just came out of nowhere and I'm not sure reading it at 3:01 was the best idea I've had this calendar year!!
Wow Jess, this is even more proof that you are hands down a creative genius! I can't tell you how much I'm going to be invested in this story.
The characters are wonderful and I feel as though I could climb inside any of them and know their thoughts because you have laid them out so well.
Storytelling and building tension at its best here and I am going to be staring at the clock for the next thirty minutes just in case by reading this I've done something I shouldn't have.
I'm sure the chill down my spine is just a result of the window being slightly ajar....
Golden Merit time I believe when I'm allowed to

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1094
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 11:35:45 PM »
Damn Jessica! Another classic coming from your elaborate mind! Does it ever end? Do I want it to end? NO I don't!

And by the way, being a non-Brit.....what the hell is Bucks Fizz? I'm going to presume some type of alcoholic beverage?
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

Offline Seeker

• Graduate
  • Merits 1000
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 01:08:23 AM »
Oh my! What an amazing set up and innovative story. You are such an amazing storyteller, building relatable characters and holding us in suspense as you ratchet up the tension. Remarkable beginning and I am so looking forward to what you have in store here.
"Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darkness of other people." Karl Jung.
                                             You can find my portfolio of stories at http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=44259.0

darklord
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2019, 09:36:18 AM »
Damn Jessica! Another classic coming from your elaborate mind! Does it ever end? Do I want it to end? NO I don't!

And by the way, being a non-Brit.....what the hell is Bucks Fizz? I'm going to presume some type of alcoholic beverage?

Not Brit either, so correct me if I am wrong, but I think Bucks Fizz is a pop group over there.  Its also a drink made of orange juice and champagne.

Offline Spade71
  • Junior
  • Merits 297
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2019, 01:12:05 PM »
That is a great opener.  I can't wait to see where this goes. 
Also isn't champagne and OJ a Mamossa?

SheerHose33
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2019, 01:42:53 PM »
Thank you for all the kind words.
The idea came from looking at the yummy Shane Dawson’s channel.
The game is real and looks fun for a Halloween night
This story won’t be supernatural as the section suggests
Bucks Fizz is an orange flavored very light alcoholic drink
Very cheap and comes in a champagne bottle that pops
I’m sure it’s called different things in different countries
The band I don’t really know

Thanks more coming soon xxx

carhamgrater
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 03:50:19 PM »
Based on what you post on your jukebox you might not want to check out

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRhl_eUiMRuE8Yd3rt6kQSA

there biggest claim to fame is the won the 1981 Eurovision Song contest with "making Up Your Mind" after being brought together for the contest! I like "The Land Of Make Believe" myself!

Offline TheYellowKnight

• Graduate
  • Merits 543
  • Yellow can be dark...
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2019, 08:32:59 PM »
Wow!
I don't know how you do it, but your stories continue to impress even more with each submission
Comments inspire more frequent story posts... just sayin'...

SheerHose33
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2019, 07:20:03 AM »
Stefani clapped her hands together. “ We’ll play it late then” she got up and took everyone’s bowls away.
Lucinda went back upstairs. The house was three stories and her room although the largest was the loft room at the top.
It was timber and creaked a lot, this had become inconvenient for the times she brought home a date. Though in the better months it was far warmer than the rest of the old house, she logged on Skype and contacted her ex boyfriend Jay who she knew was alone in his house in Aberdeen where he was in university.
His girlfriend was on a foreign trip and they had managed to contact each other every day via the video networking site.
The previous night had got racy, and ended with Lucinda giving him a sight of her having an orgasm at the screen, in which he returned fire.
She didn’t feel bad about it, she knew him first and they were together two years before Tori showed up on the scene and they didn’t break up for any other reason than they were far apart.
She spoke to him about the game and he was intrigued.

After an hour Lyla’s boyfriend Allan showed up, looking as book smart as he was. He went up to her room and the sound of her indie rock music suddenly got louder and the sign he was not just there to read books.

Then Stefani’s Gregory showed up and the only man Lucinda ever knew who wore a poncho came in and helped himself to last of the pasta and opened cheap bottles of cider for him and his lady. The two of them loudly talking about worldly and other worldly affairs as they cuddled up together on the couch. Then they both kissed and hand in hand went upstairs to her room, which resembled a spiritual workshop. There the sounds of their lovemaking and audible moans and groans from both of them drowned out the gentle creaking of Lyla’s bed.

Lucinda just sat on her bed and tried not to listen. At first it was exciting to hear the mating rituals of others, but now it was just frustrating. As frustrating to the point her hand slipped up her dress and eased past her black panties and her desire for the night could only be achieved by her fingers. Jay had logged out as he had to study, and the subject wasn’t her orgasm that night.
She climaxed tenderly as she moaned softly and the fantasies of desire filled her head. When she opened her eyes and her body had cooled down, Lyla’s bed was still rocking steadily and Stefani was still breathlessly panting sexual gibberish at her Gregory.
Lucinda lasted all but four minutes.
“Frustration indeed”

As the sounds, essence and verbal evidence of a high sex drive filled the house. No one had noticed Gregory hadn’t shut the door properly and no one heard it creak open and slowly shut.

Lucinda stood in her shower and washed off her orgasm and then came out and slipping on a red lacy set  and wrapping up in her pink dressing gown,she sat on her bed began to blow dry her hair. She then ran down the two flights of stairs and down into the kitchen and opened the fridge to retrieve a bottle of wine that was actually hers. She closed the fridge door and almost fell back in shock at the figure standing behind it. Her dressing gown fell open revealing her lacy bra. Quickly covering up she swore at the man in the kitchen.
“Oh you gave me such a fright” she said to the landlord who was checking things. He had caught a glimpse of her chest and she knew it.
“Who needed the Midnight Man when this creep was about” she thought. He was late forties and had scruffy unkept appearance. He was money mad and many people knew he exploited students for their cash and he was almost impossible to return a deposit. They were also convinced he had taken underwear off the washing line out the back of the house.
He was checking the dirty glass frame door at the back, as they had reported it was stiff. He never bothered to get anything done and it was surprising to see him here so late in the day.
“The power is going out a 9 tonight, maintenance, did you get a letter?” He asked opening and closing the door.
Lucinda folded her arms.
“No” she replied.
“Well, they are, its only until the morning, so just be careful and make sure these are locked. There is nothing wrong with this door, not stiff at all” he slammed it shut again.
“What about the front door?” Lucinda was bothered by his manner.
“I’ll have to put a new door in over the summer, you know the it has knack to close it” he remarked uninterested.
He stopped in the main room and heard the male voices upstairs.
“Guests again” he sounded annoyed.
“Well my housemates boyfriends” Lucinda smugly replied to highlight she wasn’t breaking the rules.
“I don’t mind the odd few occasional guests, we all have lives but this is ridiculous, they are always here, there is a spare room, they can pay rent if they are always here” he shook his head visibly annoyed.
“I’ll tell them to leave then” Lucinda said helpfully. It could be an excuse for her to finally have her girls night.
“Yes do, they are taking liberties” the landlord pulled open the front door.
“Hope you don’t all get scared tonight” he remarked at the doorway as it rained heavily outside.
“Oh we won’t” Lucinda wanted him to leave. He was being weird as usual.
He stood there for another few seconds longer than that was normal then turned and trotted to his car. Lucinda shut the door and made sure it was shut.
“Power cut and all” she rubbed her hands together.
“Oh tonight is going to be so much fun” she went back into the kitchen for her wine and to her dismay it was gone.
“What the heck” she exclaimed.
“He must have taken it, oh he is such a prick” she swore at the now absent landlord. Shaking her head in disbelief at how he’d be so brazen to do that she grabbed a bottle of Bucks Fizz and ran upstairs with it. After 10 minutes of trying to get the bottle open nearly hitting her in the head like a bullet she finally savored the orange fizzy beverage in a glass.

She resumed her hair styling and as it was a girly night she’d try a new outfit for her selfies before the power went out.

Lyla and Allan were on post sex cuddling ritual as the rain battered the house. Gregory and Stefani emerged from her room which now smelt like a  touristy Buddhist’s temple as several incense candles burned out the smell of sex.
She pulled back in on her tights leaving her boots off and they went back downstairs and assess the alcohol situation.
They resumed their cider drinking and Gregory began to take out his spliff rolling paraphernalia and make one, as Stefani flicked through the television. She was discussing the Midnight Man with him.
So was Lyla and Allan as they cuddled in late teenage blissful love as the music played and the raindrops hit the window.

Lucinda thought about the game and sipping her beverage she read the rules on the laptop. “I won’t tell them about the power cut” she giggled inside.
She wanted the game to be edgy and deep down she loved the rush of fear. The ouija board was too much though. The Midnight Man was the topic of the evening , little did they know in the spare room, rain dripping off his leather jacket as he sipped the cold bottle of wine, the Midnight Man was already with them.

Offline Rachel_Thornton

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1267
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2019, 08:14:41 AM »
Oh wow Jess! This is bloody good and we are only at chapter two. I can't begin to tell you how exciting this is for me. This has everything I desire in a good story. We have victims, tension wrapped tighter than a spring, sexual excitement and the predator awaiting the moment.
You are on a roll and we are claiming the benefits of this.
Just happy to be here today to catch this.
Merit well and truely earned!!!!

When I'm allowed to merit you of course!!!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1094
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2019, 10:13:39 AM »
It IS a cliche, but seriously, the tension in this story can be cut with a knife!  emot_omfg.gif  The suspense is building so beautifully.
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

carhamgrater
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2019, 11:55:02 AM »
WOW love it! Nothing like setting the tone before the actual events begin! Nice touch that the power is going to be cut, wondering if the phone lines will be cut also? Will the cell phones towers lose power also? Hoping a thunderstorm will also occur while they are playing!  Merit given when I'm able too!