Author Topic: Vile8r's Blast Furnace  (Read 3184 times)

Tony V.
Re: Vile8r's Blast Furnace
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2020, 07:07:25 PM »
I guess for the letter "Z" we will look no further than the Texas Trio, the Titans of the Midlands, the three man Texan Cyclones.......

One of the LOUDEST bands in ALL of Rock and Roll......

Z Z TOP!!!

Tony V.                   :police:

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1084
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2020, 06:26:06 PM »
Finally we have arrived at the letter Z!  Now I DID have another group in mind for Z, but after seeing Tony V.'s passionate love for ZZ Top, I decided, how could I in good conscience feature any OTHER band BUT the boys from Texas?  So here we go! This is Got Me Under Pressure, the third single from their very classic 1983 album, Eliminator, and a personal favorite of mine.

I don't actually consider Eliminator to be their best album, but it certainly was their most successful one! And the hits from it are songs that have been embedded in my memories for years. It was released the year I graduated high school, and my buddies and I spent a lot of time drinking beer and chasing girls to the music of Dusty, Billy, and Frank!

I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

Tony V.
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2020, 07:53:12 PM »
Thank You, Vile!!

Actually My favorite ZZ Top song is probably their cheesiest.....

"Velcro Fly"

Followed very closely by "Tube Snake Boogie".....

Tony V.                  :police:

carhamgrater
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2020, 01:07:19 PM »
A great band that deserves high recognition love "Tube  Snake Boogie: as well as the entire album "Tejas"

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1084
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2020, 09:37:35 PM »
For the next little while I'm going to feature one of my favourite metal bands, the Scorpions!  These rockers out of Germany have put out some awesome music over the years!

The Scorpions were formed in 1965 in Hannover, West Germany, by guitarist Rudolf Schenker, who is still in the band! This is I'm Going Mad from their 1972 debut album Lonesome Crow .
Lineup on this album was:
Klaus Meine - vocals
Rudolf Schenker - guitar
Michael Schenker - guitar  *
Lothar Heimberg - bass **
Wolfgang Dziony - drums **

* Rudolf and Michael were brothers. Michael was only 16 years old when he appeared on this album. He later left the group to form the 1970s hard rock group UFO.

** Lonesome Crow was the only album these two would appear on.

I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1084
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2020, 10:49:53 AM »

In Trance was The Scorpion's third studio album, released in Europe in September 1975, later released in North America in March 1976.

Lineup for this album:
Klaus Meine - vocals
Rudolf Schenker - guitar
Ulrich Roth - guitar  (he became a member of the Scorpions in 1973 when Michael Schenker left)
Francis Buchholz - bass ( also joined the Scorpions in 1973. He would remain with the band for the next 19 years until 1992.)
Rudy Lenners - drums  (this was his first album with the Scorpions)

Producer for the album was Dieter Dierks, who would end up producing many albums for the group up to 1988.

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1084
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2021, 09:36:28 PM »
In October 1976, the Scorpions released their fourth studio album, Virgin Killers. The album generated quite a bit of controversy for the band as the original cover art depicted what appeared to be a nude underage model, with a shattered glass effect obscuring her genital area. It was banned in some countries, including the US and Canada, where an alternate album cover was issued, and in other countries the album had to be wrapped in black plastic. In 2008, Gigwise.com listed it at #1 in its list of "The 50 Most Controversial Album Covers of All Time."

The line up of the band for this album was:
Klaus Meine - vocals
Rudolf Schenker -rhythm guitars
Ulrich Roth - lead guitars and vocals
Francis Buchholz - bass guitar
Rudy Lenners - drums (it would be his last album with the band)

Dieter Dierks was the producer. 

This was one of the tracks from that album: 

Offline Beater

• Senior
  • Merits 123
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2021, 09:23:31 PM »
If anyone feels like listening to a death/metal core band, I think whitechapel is great entry into that genre. Goes as heavy as anything you're likely to find but also has really catchy clean vocals.

(Edited: no space in the band name. What happens when you use predictive text)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 11:24:54 AM by Beater »

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1084
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2021, 10:59:06 PM »
If anyone feels like listening to a death/metal core band, I think white chapel is great entry into that genre. Goes as heavy as anything you're likely to find but also has really catchy clean vocals.

I have heard of White Chapel, but never heard any of their music.