Author Topic: Ao1's Internal iPod  (Read 3338 times)

Offline carhamgrater

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 905
  • Read when you can! Posts aren't going anywhere
Re: Ao1's Internal iPod
« Reply #240 on: February 09, 2021, 09:21:28 AM »
Can't say the song did anything for me! You earn a merit just for posting though!
Real rape is wrong fictional rape can be fun!

Offline Army of One

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 100
« Reply #241 on: March 30, 2021, 02:52:32 AM »
Okay, it's been a while since I added to the playlist, and I did have another song planned, but it relied on a joke I already made, so it'll have to come later.

Now, earlier in the thread, I introduced you all to Regurgitator, an alternative band who did a kids' album. Meet the Wiggles (if you haven't already), a kids' band who, at the start of the month, went on alternative radio station Triple J and played a Tame Impala song...well, they medley'd it with one of their own.

The Wiggles - Elephant x Fruit Salad
https://youtube.com/watch?v=a13WnqsRc5g
Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline carhamgrater

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 905
« Reply #242 on: March 30, 2021, 04:49:11 PM »
WOW and they claim that I post weird things! At least I have always said that I'm musically eclectic, what is your excuse.  :emot_rotf.gif:

Overall though as someone who was forced to listen to the Wiggles for years I have to say this was a really different sound for them and I for one liked it! Merit awarded for posting this!

Offline Army of One

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 100
« Reply #243 on: March 30, 2021, 08:04:08 PM »
WOW and they claim that I post weird things! At least I have always said that I'm musically eclectic, what is your excuse.  :emot_rotf.gif:
My sister was a teeny-bopper growing up. I had to differentiate from her in some manner; it just happened to come packed as a Dandy Warhols song about drug addiction. The slope was steep from there.
Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline Army of One

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 100
« Reply #244 on: April 18, 2021, 06:38:00 AM »
Let's bring it down a little with some smooth dream pop to rest weary minds.

St Etienne - Heart Failed (In the Back of a Taxi)
https://youtube.com/watch?v=WP8C-3cHrn8

Offline carhamgrater

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 905
« Reply #245 on: April 18, 2021, 07:27:33 PM »
Super Interesting song, not depressing but a kind of understated vibrant energy to it. never heard if the artist before, so will definitely check out more by them! Meirt award from me and a big thank you for introducing me to them!

Offline Army of One

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 100
« Reply #246 on: April 21, 2021, 08:31:21 AM »
Disclaimer: no I'm not.

Gomez - Get Myself Arrested
https://youtube.com/watch?v=9drameYoMek

Offline carhamgrater

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 905
« Reply #247 on: April 21, 2021, 12:23:07 PM »
Another interesting song that you have chosen to present to us. Not at all the lyrical content I expected from the title. not sure if I have heard anything else from Gomez but but soon that will change! Another merit awarded from me!

Offline Army of One

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 100
« Reply #248 on: May 01, 2021, 07:49:14 AM »
I must thank television for bringing this song to my attention, specifically a show called The Set. This show, in many ways, is a modern spiritual successor to a couple of shows that were on during the 90s and early 2000s, called Recovery and The 10:30 Slot (respective to the time periods): the relaxed atmosphere, and the live music.

Genesis Owusu - The Other Black Dog
https://youtube.com/watch?v=25CBe5FAvtI

Offline carhamgrater

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 905
« Reply #249 on: May 01, 2021, 10:58:25 AM »
Never heard of him even on the Australian radio station (Totally Radio Australia) I tune into.  Lots of energy to the song that is going to have me checking out more by him! Merit for introducing North Americans to him!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 522
« Reply #250 on: May 01, 2021, 02:16:21 PM »
A unique sound for sure! Thank you Ao1!
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

Offline Army of One

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 100
« Reply #251 on: May 03, 2021, 10:13:56 PM »
Okay, just thought I'd take some time out and say hello to our Australian-government-assigned overseer of posted content, ASIO Bob. Hi Bob; don't worry about us, we're not posting anything that may be considered problematic, we promise.

How about I dedicate a song to him, and everyone watching Australia's internet, making sure nothing nasty gets through, like anti-LNP sentiments, or democratic ideals.

The Superjesus - Secret Agent Man
https://youtube.com/watch?v=mjrKjogMXvo

(I'm sure quite a few of you are confused by the lead-in at the top of this post; a lot of people are when I make the joke. However, if you're even a little familiar with Australia's internet security laws, then the joke makes a bit more sense. Exaggerated to the point of parody, by still sense.)

Offline carhamgrater

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 905
« Reply #252 on: May 04, 2021, 10:30:46 AM »
Loved it- once similar sound to the e more have never heard of them but they have American band "garbage" Will definitely see if I can get their music up here! merit awarded from me!

As for your introduction  it no worse than when I post about the "CanCon" rules we face up here! Fact it wouldn't surprise me if we don't face similar events worldwide!