Author Topic: The Shaggs  (Read 43 times)

Offline Jessica_33

• Witch
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 1089
  • Behind Door33 lies.........
The Shaggs
« on: July 02, 2021, 02:30:19 AM »
This deserves a thread by itself but recently on a long trip down music’s rabbit hole, I found the Shaggs. Good thing they aren’t a British band with that name, bu let’s get to the point.
Probably my North American friends will know them better as they didn’t travel far and released the album “Philosophy Of The World” which some have said is one of the worst if not the worst album ever produced.

Listen to this, it’s like something you’ve never heard before, and ever will again.
Out of key, and no rhythm at all. They could find their way into a B rated low budget 1970s horror flick.

Their backstory is as disturbing as their music. After receiving a prophecy from his mother that his daughters will be in a rock band. Austin Wiggins forced his three daughters to form this band called the Shaggs. Bought them instruments and made them drop their teenage lives to play and they did just that only to the ridicule of those who came just to jeer them.

The band made the album Philosophy of the World and only 100 copies made it out to release so an original pressing is an extreme rarity and collectors item today
After their fathers death the band split and had normal lives.
It’s almost like if RU formed a girl group lol

They have cult following now and have even returned to play live
So what do you think.

So bad, it’s good!

Uniquely part of music history.

Or ear Rape of the highest degree.

Thoughts please and hope you enjoy
“Philosophy Of the World”

Offline darklord

• Undergrad
  • Merits 57
Re: The Shaggs
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 08:13:00 AM »
Loved the back story. I’ll have to check this out.  Never heard of them till now.

Offline carhamgrater

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 980
  • Read when you can! Posts aren't going anywhere
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 01:36:12 PM »
Please make that stop- especially the second track!
I'm on my knees begging you to know what the person did to you to make them play that where you could hear it!

God garage bands have a better sound than that!, I mean even a garage would collapse in on itself to save it from having them inside itself once more.

I don't know how you nor even where you got that from and for the absolute truth I DON'T WAT TO KNOW EVER!!!!

if this was your attempt to post the worst thing possible- then YOU win hands on ears! Trust me except for taking my headphones off and typing, my hands are on my ears and my fingers are trying desperately to get the damn player to stop! I promise from here on in, I'll only post agreeable music from this point on!

This isn't even worth demeriting you for, nothing will erase the pain you caused to my ears! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Real rape is wrong fictional rape can be fun!

Offline Jessica_33

• Witch
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 1089
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 03:01:48 PM »
lol! I didn’t say it was good! I watched a program on YouTube about the worst albums ever and this came up and rightly so! I had to research and yes......it sounds like that........
And this was 1969 when rock music was at its zenith.

Sorry for showing you but isn’t your life much better now that you can avoid it.
Really though surely the premise of a story!

Jess xx

Offline carhamgrater

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 980
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 03:41:49 PM »
Sorry for showing you but isn’t your life much better now that you can avoid it.

No now thanks to you Tammy had ammo to make my life a living hell! Do you have any idea what she is going to do to me with that musical rape?!!

And to think you researched that!, At least I research story locations. real life timing issues. I never research how to 'ear rape' people she claims are friends, unless she's looking to get rid of said friends!

And to think you and Vile8r think I find wrong things!

Offline Jessica_33

• Witch
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 1089
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2021, 07:07:31 AM »
Ear rape is being nice! This is ambient torture.
What’s more disturbing is that there are 22,000 likes for this video on YouTube.
Meaning there is 22,000 very dangerous people out there

I think to appreciate an art you have to study it’s lowest form.
So I think this is it......

Blame the father he wrote the songs and gave teenage girls (forced them to play) a pop dream.
However both Frank Zappa and Kurt Cobain have both praised this as outsider music. But then they took a lot of drugs lol.

It is what is it!

Offline carhamgrater

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 980
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2021, 11:54:27 AM »
Ear rape is being nice! This is ambient torture.
What’s more disturbing is that there are 22,000 likes for this video on YouTube.
Meaning there is 22,000 very dangerous people out there

But for all we know the 22,000 likes came from hearing impaired people who just recovered their hearing an didn't know any better!

if this is what you look for and hear to learn music appreciation then I damn glad that my father made me take high school music to learn an instruments. hell even we sounded better four months into the course!

Normally iIwould say that I'll see you post with.... but you won hands on ears! I really don't think I can top (or would that be underscore) that or even if I would want to!