Author Topic: Vile8r's Vault  (Read 7617 times)

SheerHose33
Re: Vile8r's Vault
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2020, 04:18:37 AM »
Grew up being a daughter of a Bowie fan so used to his music and he wasn’t he just the most beautiful man ever!
Great stuff and perhaps his best era? Debatable I Know. Thank you for sharing xxx

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2020, 03:26:38 PM »
Grew up being a daughter of a Bowie fan so used to his music and he wasn’t he just the most beautiful man ever!
Great stuff and perhaps his best era? Debatable I Know. Thank you for sharing xxx

Actually I made a little mistake when I said Young Americans was the start of his "White Duke" era. It was "Thin Duke", not "White".  And yes, I've always felt the years from about 1969 to 1974 were his best era, but he did have some pretty good stuff after too, i.e. Scary Monsters.

I had a friend who made a painting of the Diamond Dogs album cover. He did a great job of it, looked just like the album. it hung up in his bedroom for years.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 03:29:57 PM by vile8r »
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2020, 09:21:02 PM »
I was thinking of these guys for some reason today. I remember them from the '80s. They were never a huge hit, but Jason and the Scorchers had some great music, and I always remember hearing that they were well-known for their energetic live shows. I recall seeing this video years ago and I loved it. 19th Nervous Breakdown is one of my all-time favourite Rolling Stones songs, and these guys do an awesome job of it!

I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2021, 01:47:49 AM »
I haven't posted here in a while and tonight decided it was time.  I have always been a fan of The Pretenders since the early 1980s. I have always really liked lead vocalist Chrissie Hynde's voice, and they made some great songs. The first album of theirs I ever heard was Pretenders II from 1981.  This was one of the tracks from that album, and has always been a favourite of mine. The Pretenders suffered tragedy early in the band's career, when in June 1982, their guitarist James Honeyman-Scott died of a cocaine overdose. In April 1983, with the band barely recovered from the death of Honeyman-Scott, bassist Pete Farndon was found dead in his bathtub, after taking heroin.  But the band has persevered over the decades and is still recording and touring. 

SheerHose33
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2021, 06:49:13 AM »
LOVE Chrissie Hynde!

Thanks for sharing and the really went through tragedy didn’t they.
Well done

carhamgrater
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2021, 11:37:22 AM »
One of the most underrated bands from England ever. Chrissie Hyndes is a great lead singer that deserves to be ranked up there with Joan Jett and Mama Cass Elliot!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2021, 09:56:59 PM »

From 1985, this is the Canadian techno-pop group Strange Advance. This track was from their second album, 2WO.  This wasn't one of the singles from the album, but is a favorite of mine. A really nice little 80s pop song, I think.

SheerHose33
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2021, 02:22:26 AM »
Video blocked over here but saw other pieces and they do sound very 80s I like it.

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2021, 10:43:35 PM »
I really liked these guys back in the '90s. They were a great Canadian band that just never quite hit it big like some of their counterparts but they had a few hits, like this one. They had a great running gag on their concert shirts. On the front would be printed, "What Rymes With Orange?"  and then on the back was printed "Fuck All!"   

carhamgrater
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2021, 11:54:08 AM »
Can honestly say I have never even heard of these guys, Don't even think they were ever in Toronto on the big music shows or at MM HQ! Not the worst Ii ever heard, will have to check out more from then if possible!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2021, 09:30:43 PM »
Can honestly say I have never even heard of these guys, Don't even think they were ever in Toronto on the big music shows or at MM HQ! Not the worst Ii ever heard, will have to check out more from then if possible!

I believe they were a West Coast band. I saw them in 1995 in Edmonton opening for the Headstones. The only concert I ever attended where I had to buy tickets from a scalper!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2021, 04:58:08 PM »

Always been a big fan of Journey and this song is definitely one of my faves. From their 1980 album, Departure, this is "Anyway You Want It."

carhamgrater
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2021, 05:24:53 PM »
One of the underrated bands from the late seventies through mid eighties. most can't identify them in a band line up but let their two biggest hits start playing and everyone pretty well knows them! Merit for posting them!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2021, 06:59:55 PM »
Couldn't decide if I'd post this in Vile8r's Vault or the Blast Furnace, but finally decided to put it here. Between the Wheels is off Rush's 1984 Grace Under Pressure album. It's not just one of the most underrated songs on the album but also very underrated, in my opinion, amongst ALL of Rush's many great songs. It has just never received the recognition it deserves. Alex Lifeson just rips in this song, and it's some of his best post-Moving Pictures work.

carhamgrater
« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2021, 07:34:59 PM »
Sorry I'm proof positive that Rush Doesn't appeal to all Canadians! It was a good tune but not something that I would rush out and buy! Still a merit awarded to you!