Author Topic: Majestic  (Read 563 times)

Offline KrysG84

• Senior
  • Merits 47
  • Cum forth with me on the yellow brick road journey
Majestic
« on: November 23, 2017, 08:28:50 PM »
So I'm now watching the Forth season to Babylon 5 ;D

And I've been listening too the ost to the series. Two words: Majestic and Epic! Well much like the series really! (Like Star Trek, superior to Doctor Poo and Shit Bores! ;P )

The B5 ost! Highly recommended!
xxx Krystle G
Strong is fighting. Its hard and its painful. And its everyday...The hardest thing to do in this world is to live in it...
is this Hell?!

Offline Badman

• Senior
  • Merits 22
Re: Majestic
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 05:46:02 AM »
(Ignoring Dr Who slight you never mention Torchwood?) Yes, I'd rate B5. Though not the short-lived spin-off (whose name I can't be bothered to Google/wiki).

SG1 and SGA

Firefly was one of my faves while it lasted and at least it had closure.

Expanse has been good so far and Dark Matter and Killjoys don't take themselves too seriously.

Ascension was promising (1950's space arc) but not sure what happened to it.

We won't mention (Awful)Orville (which out treks Star Tramp at times),  Andromeda (Hercules in Space) or Terrahawks! Space 1999. "Doh!" Just did...

In my 'meh' category are Stargate Universe (quit on a cliffhanger), Farscape (funny when lead players were transplanted to SG1). Enterprise (Quantum Leap in uniform... kept expecting him to say "oh boy"), Voyager...(2nd rate Picard with a wig and tits)

“And if people can see themselves for who they really are, they will know that every person has a dark side!~ Aarush Kashyap”

Offline John

• Freshman
  • Merits 7
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 11:14:59 AM »
Crusade was the B5 spin-off. 

I genuinely believe B5 is the most intelligent science fiction series ever shown on television.  JMS created something amazing with this - an entire universe with its own mythos, that wasn’t a Trek or SW clone.

It’s a delight. I revel in the complexity of the stories and the overall story arc.  The characters are excellent, as well.  None are whiter than white, each with their own issues and faults, as well as strengths. The shadows were excellent and it built and built to such a thrilling ending.

I simply loved it.  Even more than Trek! (I’m not a SW fan, it’s a weak and cliched story, told over and over again, in slightly different ways - booooo-ring!)

I see myself as a G’kaar type. ;)

John
xx
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Offline KrysG84

• Senior
  • Merits 47
  • Cum forth with me on the yellow brick road journey
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 12:26:09 PM »
I tried Cruscade but just can't get into it.
Currently mid 4th season of B5. Where I consider a somewhat boring bit of B5. The series kinda ended for me after the Shadows left.
However I did enjoy the war with Earth -when Marcus died for Ivanova.
Ofcourse I also loved the finale episodes.
Often compared to Trek. But u c, Trek copies B5 copies SW etc etc. Its actually inevitable and essential. Salvage good bits, mash it up and create something else, then stuff after u would do the same and so on.
Sure its no secret I'm no fan of SW and Dr Poo. But without the mostly crap u can't have the very best.

So, taking a break from B5... I'm wondering which boxsets to watch; NCIS or ER?
But music wise, I'm in the mood for the epic instrumentals...

xxx K
Strong is fighting. Its hard and its painful. And its everyday...The hardest thing to do in this world is to live in it...
is this Hell?!

Offline John

• Freshman
  • Merits 7
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 09:44:37 PM »
Go for NCIS, my dear.  I do so enjoy Jethro's approach to his work.  It always reminds me of someone I used to see in the mirror, before a shift would start (my wife used to say just the same thing, funnily enough, although she preferred Mr Harmon's looks, bless her!).
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...