Author Topic: Original Movies and Remakes  (Read 311 times)

Offline losvu_fan
  • Graduate
  • Merits 11
Original Movies and Remakes
« on: August 04, 2017, 08:07:13 AM »
I finally saw the original Cape Fear and The Hills Have Eyes over the past week. Really enjoyed the remakes of them and never thought I'd enjoy the originals and in some cases, I even like the original movies more.

I've also seen the original and remake of I Spit On Your Grave and Last House On The Left. For those two, I'd say I like the original versions but the remakes are alright.

When it comes to Psycho, I think the remake sucked but Bates Motel, the tv series was a nice new take on Norman Bates.

darklord
Re: Original Movies and Remakes
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 01:23:04 PM »
I finally saw the original Cape Fear and The Hills Have Eyes over the past week. Really enjoyed the remakes of them and never thought I'd enjoy the originals and in some cases, I even like the original movies more.

I've also seen the original and remake of I Spit On Your Grave and Last House On The Left. For those two, I'd say I like the original versions but the remakes are alright.

When it comes to Psycho, I think the remake sucked but Bates Motel, the tv series was a nice new take on Norman Bates.

There is no comparison IMHO to the original Last House on the Left, and I spit on your grave.  These are classics of an era gone by.  The remakes are entertaining but not like the original in their shock value etc.  Remakes and sequels rarely catch the feel and intensity of the original movie, although there are a few exceptions.  I rarely hold out large hopes for remakes and sequels.

Shocker
Re: Original Movies and Remakes
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 06:11:40 PM »
Cape fear might be one of the few movies were I can't make my mind up which one I prefer, so lucky me I have the DVD box with both versions. I think De Niro's max candy is more creepy than Robert Mitchum , but Gregory peck is so much better than nick Nolte.

In General I don't like Remakes, but I don't mind new takes on books, and cape fear is a book in the first place. I really wouldn't like to miss joss whedons much ado about nothing in my collection.