Author Topic: The Monthly Story Contest - Rules and Operations  (Read 6255 times)

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 521
  • That's me in the pic. I'm the tall one.
The Monthly Story Contest - Rules and Operations
« on: June 30, 2017, 03:02:08 PM »
This post explains the operation of the RavishU monthly story contest. This contest is approved by upper management at RavishU but run primarily by the moderator SoftGameHunter, so all accolades should be directed to the site overall, and all criticisms directed towards SoftGameHunter himself.

The running of the contest is experimental and is a continuous learning process, so rules and operations may change from month to month. Hopefully nothing will have to be changed during a given contest period.

OPERATIONS
  • Any story submitted during the given month on the covered boards will automatically be eligible for voting. No special action needs to be taken. If the author of a given story wishes, for any reason at all, not to be included, he or she need only PM SoftGameHunter.
  • The following sub-categories of the literature page are eligible: Gang Rape, One On One, Mixed Groupings, Supernatural Rape, Gay Male Rape, Lesbian Action!, Women Raping Men, Consensual & Sensual Erotica, EXTREME Stories, BDSM Stories, Poetry. At present, non-English and Role Play stories are not covered.
  • To be eligible, a story must begin during the month covered. Long, multi-part stories will not be covered each month. This is mainly to keep the number of entries from getting out of hand.
  • At the present time, voting will be for stories in the following broad categories:
    • Best Overall: Two winners will be chosen. Which stories did you, the reader and voter, just plain enjoy the most?
    • Super-Fap!: As this is an erotic story board, which story got you hot and bothered quickly, powerfully, and enjoyably?
    • Literary Excellence: Liked the plot? Got to know the characters? Emotionally bonded? Should be taught in Writing Erotica 101? Then vote for literary excellence.
    • A Real Mind Fuck: For the story that messes with you, either for shock value, darkness, squickery, or just made you go 'Holy Fuck!'
    • Cleverest: Tricks and turns are in play here, as well as ideas and concepts that expand your mind (Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Supernatural might fit here). If it's worthy of O'Henry or James Cameron, it might win here.
    • The Rookie Author Award: Any author who wrote their first story on RU during the covered month or either of the previous two months (i.e. a 3 month span) will be entered into their own category, as well as all the others. We try to encourage new authors here, as a lot of folk out there have probably never written a kinky story to share with the world. If you are new but good, here's your chance to get some recognition.
  • There is no limit to the number of stories a given author may have included.
  • Each category will be represented in a poll in its own thread in the Monthly Polls sub-category. Except for the Rookie Authors Award, it will be the same list for all polls.
  • Suggestions about improvements, error correction, and general discussion of the contest can be made on this board, or via PM to SoftGameHunter. Please do not post in the sub-categories where polls and winning links are listed.
  • All participants, including authors and voters, are instructed to have fun with this. If it is not fun, there's no really point to it, is there?

The polls will open early in the month following the contest period (e.g. in early July for the June contest). They will stay open for two weeks, and then the winners will be posted.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 03:13:21 PM by SoftGameHunter »
The rumors about me are scurrilous, depraved rantings of a sick mind, and I categorically deny any sense of falsehood attributed to them.

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 521
  • That's me in the pic. I'm the tall one.
Re: The Monthly Story Contest - Rules and Operations
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 11:02:38 PM »
Given the recent interest in reviving the contest, some rule modifications seems to be in order. And since it was my baby, I'll oversee the changes.

And here they are:

Drum roll...

Have at it, ladies and gents. There's no reason a civilian can't post a poll and invite literary feedback. I encourage you all to do what you like, as you like, and enjoy yourselves. So now it's the official rule that anyone who wants to run the contest is free to. I'm looking forward to it, and maybe next month I'll come up with some new writing of my own.

Cheers and salutations all.
The rumors about me are scurrilous, depraved rantings of a sick mind, and I categorically deny any sense of falsehood attributed to them.

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
Re: The Monthly Story Contest - Rules and Operations
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 04:20:03 PM »
Given the recent interest in reviving the contest, some rule modifications seems to be in order. And since it was my baby, I'll oversee the changes.

And here they are:

Drum roll...

Have at it, ladies and gents. There's no reason a civilian can't post a poll and invite literary feedback. I encourage you all to do what you like, as you like, and enjoy yourselves. So now it's the official rule that anyone who wants to run the contest is free to. I'm looking forward to it, and maybe next month I'll come up with some new writing of my own.

Cheers and salutations all.

Thank you for your kind blessing on the new version. I truly hope you give us a story to read with wonder, to ponder, and which gets the juices flowing.
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!