Author Topic: YOU NEED FIVE POSTS ..... (bullshit)  (Read 8333 times)

Offline OhioSteve

• Senior
  • Merits 12
  • Here I Am
Re: YOU NEED FIVE POSTS ..... (bullshit)
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 07:58:45 AM »
Make yourself a new "test" account and let me know.
Definitely she couldn't click who's online and see what folks are viewing. Some of the rest was probably because she timed out and didn't know it. But I'll be happy to take a look around with a fresh account tomorrow.

Edit: No, I'll do it now. I've just created a test account. Right away I see that the Search, Members, and Map buttons do not appear for a member with no posts. Be right back. I'm doing side-by-side comparisons on two monitors.

Next Edit: Okay, at the bottom of the home screen, I cannot see [More Stats], though I can see the most recent posts. I can see the members active and click on their profiles, but not on the big list that says what everyone is doing.

Also, oddly enough, the Tips for Free Sites board is not visible yet. Now let's add some posts and see what happens and when.

Final Report: Well, going up to five posts resolves all of these. I think as an experienced board user I have probably spotted all of it, though I did nearly miss the Tips for Free Sites being missing. At five, the full functionality comes to life. I even deleted one to pop back to four, and it went to reduced functionality once more. Going back to five again fixed everything.

So, the Search, Members, Map, [More Stats], a clickable link on numbers of guests and users, as well as the Tips for Free Sites boards all seem to be non-functional for users with fewer than five posts.

Hope this helps, Lois.  :emot_kiss.gif:

PS: I'll keep the test account for now if you have follow-up questions. I'm more than happy to help out.

You can click to see what others are viewing?
The map thing never really worked. Tried to pin myself to it without success. Forgot where it was
Where am I, who are you and what are you planning on doing with that?

Offline Deadsexy

• Junior
  • Merits 2
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2018, 11:04:49 AM »
There seems to be a 10 message per hour limit in pm, is that because I'm new or need more posts?

Offline carhamgrater

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 940
  • Read when you can! Posts aren't going anywhere
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2018, 11:12:01 AM »
No Deadsexy that is standard. It was done to prevent someone from harassing someone by blowing up their PM box. It why i highly suggest if you start a conversation via Pm move it to the chatroom and go private. Unlimited time and posting allowed there!
Real rape is wrong fictional rape can be fun!

Offline Deadsexy

• Junior
  • Merits 2
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2018, 02:53:17 PM »
That's what I thought thanks , now i know if anyone gets chatty again I can take them to my own private room and :aol_fellate: the night away   

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 297
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2018, 10:32:44 AM »
So someone's being chatting you up, have they? Well Jo and I chat each other up every night, some nights we even get, handsy, mouthy, and fingery with one another.  :emot_kiss.gif: ;D

Yeah, I'm a bad girl!
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!

Offline Deadsexy

• Junior
  • Merits 2
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2018, 05:31:40 PM »
Well it takes two to tango and perhaps I'm more curious about peoples desires before I play or chat. I'm not one for playing in chatroom  due to dyslexia, getting every other word mixed up especially when I'm excited, then I just type incomprehensible able gibberish .    it just too me 3 times longer to type 'incomprehensible' than it did this post., and that's with spellchecker.. double that again for the second incomp##########
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 05:28:58 PM by Deadsexy »

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 297
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2018, 03:24:08 PM »
Ah, I see!

Good luck in finding what you are looking for!
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!