Author Topic: 13 Hours  (Read 523 times)

Offline [Bubbles]

• Professor
  • Graduate
  • Merits 187
  • ...and you will know me by the trail of the Ravish
    • ...And you will know me by the trail of the Ravished...
13 Hours
« on: June 04, 2016, 11:11:44 AM »
So, my brother and dad were both in the armed service. A marine and Ranger respectively and while me and my brother were super close my dad and I always had a hard time getting along i was a pretty rebellious kid, anywho, we got along best when watching movies.  Mostly war movies and the like, and whenever he saw something "strategically unsound" he'd point it out.  It got to the point where I'd start to beat him to a punch.  Like when someone doesn't clear corners as they enter an unsecured room, or ANYONE using the phrase over and out.  (which still bothers me to this day, ill explain why later.)  Anywho, I'm watching 13 hrs cuz I dunno, memorial day has me thinking about them alot and this sorta feels good to watch stuff like this and I see a "sniper" who isn't firing from cover and I just lose my shit.  He has cover, he's in a nest, he has the ability to take the step back and fire from cover and his barrel is sticking WAY past the opening and it just made me furious.  Mostly because this movie isn't "based on a true story." it IS a true story and NO SNIPER, probably ever would do that. Thats like lesson 1 in sniper school. Right after this is how to find a nest. Sigh, rant over.
☮, ♥ & Sodomy

darklord
Re: 13 Hours
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 08:01:31 PM »
Rant received and understood :)

Offline [Bubbles]

• Professor
  • Graduate
  • Merits 187
  • ...and you will know me by the trail of the Ravish
    • ...And you will know me by the trail of the Ravished...
Re: 13 Hours
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 04:42:09 PM »
PS - I forgot to explain why "Over and Out" is total nonsense.

When on a radio you cant see the other person's presence or body language so you have to communicate everything.  Thus:

Over - means over to you, I'll be here, waiting on your response.
Out - means, not over to you, this conversation has ended, don't respond, I won't be listening.

So Over & Out literally means nothing, its semantically null!
☮, ♥ & Sodomy