Author Topic: FOX's Gotham  (Read 2935 times)

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 111
  • Professor of Consensual & Sensual Erotica 101
Re: FOX's Gotham
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 05:17:49 AM »
Too bad he didn't make her forget, like Christopher Reeve's Superman did to Margot Kidder's Lois in Superman II.
"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

"IT IS THE TALE, NOT HE WHO TELLS IT"
- Unknown

Offline Thelurker

• Senior
  • Merits 14
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 07:25:50 AM »
If only lol. I wish they would have brought back Tom Welling to play Superman in Supergirl, it would have made everyone scream out in high pitch voices all over the world hahaha
No means violate her body until she learns to say yes.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 111
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 07:27:34 AM »
What is Tom Welling doing now? It seems like he dropped off the face of the Earth after Smallville ended...

- Unknown

Offline Thelurker

• Senior
  • Merits 14
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 05:30:08 PM »

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 111
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2017, 02:29:57 PM »
I just saw the season finale of Gotham. Not sure how I feel about this. Bruce isn't Batman yet, but I think he's too young to already be out fighting crime.

- Unknown

Offline Thelurker

• Senior
  • Merits 14
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2017, 07:59:30 PM »
Yeah... I have a feeling that it might be getting canceled which is why they're pushing for a Year One story. Even if it wasn't the case I agree with you. He's waaaay to young, he hasn't been trained by the League of Assassins yet to even be a threat. A days training in the mountains while being brainwashed just doesn't count for me. He needs to put himself in exile, explore the world, take everything in and THEN come back and start his crusade.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 111
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2017, 08:24:06 PM »
I'm not surprised that Ra's Al Ghul was behind The Court Of Owls though. The one good point, FOX renewed it for season four already, so who knows what'll happen? I'm waiting to find out who will be the mother of Barbara Gordon, the future Batgirl...

- Unknown

Offline Thelurker

• Senior
  • Merits 14
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2017, 08:52:57 PM »
Yeah I wasn't surprised either, I was thrilled to see who the actor was though. I'm curious as well I thought Barbara was named after her mother I can't remember. But yeah I can't wait to see who Jim's new lover is.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 111
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2017, 01:04:09 AM »
In a freaky sort of way, Barbara Keen COULD still end up being the mother of Barbara Gordon. :P If Lee would have gotten off her high horse she could have been the movie.

- Unknown

Offline Thelurker

• Senior
  • Merits 14
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2017, 03:11:30 AM »
Oh I did some googling and found out that her fate changes in comics, she either dies or leaves Jim. However having said that she hasn't had baby Barbara yet so I'm kinda wondering who the mom is now. I wouldn't want her to be brought back to life it would be a bit too predictable and a bit cheap imo.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 111
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2017, 09:12:19 AM »
But Gotham isn't playing it straight, the show isn't true to the comic books, which has a few people pissed off. That's probably one reason why I love the show. ;-)

- Unknown

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 111
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2017, 04:39:44 PM »
Well I've been keeping up with season four. It's interesting the way the show has evolved over the seasons. It started out as a show focusing in the rise if Jim Gordon. Of course the future villains if Batman are already in Gotham, so we get to see them too. Then they decided to focus more on the villains, lots and lots of villains. Jim Gordon was still a focus, but the change was obvious.
This season, the focus is also more on Bruce Wayne, and they seem to have slowed down on the amount of villains featured. Scarecrow was around for a while, and now we have Professor Pyg, fighting against Police corruption. Jim was finally promoted to Captain, while trying to bring down Penguin. Riddler's still around, leading to the introduction of Solomon Grundy. I didn't see that part coming, that was a pretty creative touch there. And Selena Kyle is becoming more Catwoman-like this season, wearing a hotter outfit and keeping a whip on her as well.
I cant help but wonder if Gotham is rushing through things, as thus could possibly be the final season, not that moving the show from Monday to Thursday is a death sentence. Other shows moved to Thursdays and stayed two, three seasons, before moving to Fridays. Now THAT'S more of a death sentence. I've be watching closely to see how things unfold...

- Unknown

Offline Thelurker

• Senior
  • Merits 14
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2017, 04:07:44 PM »
I have not been that happy about how they handled Bruce's back story after what happened to Ra's. I get that he's a kid but lets be honest, to be able to have that much will power as Batman, Bruce would have left those emotions back in the alley that his parents died in. It does feel very rushed since he's still way to young to even put on a suit, let alone to be skilled enough to fight a group of people. He seems more like a brat who had one bad incident that didn't go his way and has just given up. That doesn't feel like someone who would become Batman.

The villains are interesting, not a fan of Jerome, cuz it feels like they're trying to push the Joker angle too much and it feels forced. The one interesting thing about Joker has always been his mysterious past, that one person that Batman just can't seem to figure out who he is. And lets be honest, it wouldn't even matter if Batman knew who Joker was in the past because whoever Joker was died from whatever caused his change. To give Joker a name, an identity just dilutes the character in my opinion. One of the best dynamics is that they never figure out who each other was (depending on which comic you read), they are polar opposites and the only thing they have in common is the will power to keep going no matter what the other one does. I love how we never get to know who The Joker is, and even if Jerome doesn't turn into the Joker, it still cheapens it if he's used as an icon to inspire whoever becomes The Joker. It's just an unnecessary character at this point.

If they were going to make Bruce put on an outfit they should have just done a time skip, found an older actor and did a Zero Year storyline it would have been a lot more interesting. But I do understand that with a time skip they would have had to replace a lot of actors and that would take time and money, but having that said they could have handled season 4 a lot better.

I haven't been much of a fan of this season, at this point I'm just watching it to see how it ends. It's an entertaining show, but that doesn't mean I like what they did to Bruce's character.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 111
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2017, 03:33:10 AM »
I have not been that happy about how they handled Bruce's back story after what happened to Ra's. I get that he's a kid but lets be honest, to be able to have that much will power as Batman, Bruce would have left those emotions back in the alley that his parents died in. It does feel very rushed since he's still way to young to even put on a suit, let alone to be skilled enough to fight a group of people. He seems more like a brat who had one bad incident that didn't go his way and has just given up. That doesn't feel like someone who would become Batman.

The villains are interesting, not a fan of Jerome, cuz it feels like they're trying to push the Joker angle too much and it feels forced. The one interesting thing about Joker has always been his mysterious past, that one person that Batman just can't seem to figure out who he is. And lets be honest, it wouldn't even matter if Batman knew who Joker was in the past because whoever Joker was died from whatever caused his change. To give Joker a name, an identity just dilutes the character in my opinion. One of the best dynamics is that they never figure out who each other was (depending on which comic you read), they are polar opposites and the only thing they have in common is the will power to keep going no matter what the other one does. I love how we never get to know who The Joker is, and even if Jerome doesn't turn into the Joker, it still cheapens it if he's used as an icon to inspire whoever becomes The Joker. It's just an unnecessary character at this point.

If they were going to make Bruce put on an outfit they should have just done a time skip, found an older actor and did a Zero Year storyline it would have been a lot more interesting. But I do understand that with a time skip they would have had to replace a lot of actors and that would take time and money, but having that said they could have handled season 4 a lot better.

I haven't been much of a fan of this season, at this point I'm just watching it to see how it ends. It's an entertaining show, but that doesn't mean I like what they did to Bruce's character.

I agree, Lurker, Bruce is too young/too inexperienced, he needs a lot of work yet. But I don't want to see them age progress him. This series is still about Bruce second to Jim Gordon. And we're finally seeing Jim moving up in the GCPD. I'm still curious who will be the woman you'll give birth to Barbara "Batgirl" Gordon...

- Unknown

Offline Thelurker

• Senior
  • Merits 14
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2017, 01:14:14 PM »
I'm gonna guess Barbara drugs Jim and rapes him, then gets pregnant  ;D She then gets arrested or gets put in Arkham or dies again and Jim has to raise young Barbara. Eventually she grows up and meets an older Bruce Wayne and decides to become Batgirl. Somewhere between growing up and meeting Bruce she finds out about her mother, and Jim has to tell her about who her mother was. He explains how he didn't want her to go down the same path, despite all this Barbara understands, but still wants to know more about her mom and that's where all her detective intuitions kick in. She meets Selena, Babs, maybe even some of the villains and finds out more. Eventually she has a choice whether to become her mother or be more like Jim, she of course gets in trouble and that's when Batman shows up and saves her. Awestruck by how amazing Batman is she of course decides to put on a mask like Batman.