Author Topic: Basic Netiquette - aka some ways you can get banned.  (Read 7139 times)

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
Basic Netiquette - aka some ways you can get banned.
« on: August 14, 2013, 05:01:12 PM »
RESPECT PRIVACY

Now I understand we might all slip up on this now and then, but if I get too many complaints you will get banned.

You can also consider this a "Cardinal Rule" for ALL boards EVERYWHERE.
YOU NEVER THREATEN TO GIVE OUT A PERSONS PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NOR INFORMATION THAT CAN IDENTIFY WHO HE/SHE IS OR WHERE THEY LIVE.

If you know their IP number do not share it.  Also do not imply (threaten) that that IP number can used to track them down.  Do not reveal the city the IP number points to.  Now of course I know you can't find someone's address using an IP number without the cooperation of the internet service provider, but the INTENT here is key.  It's a threat, pure and simple, and will not be tolerated!

While the above may seem like plain common sense, because the threat and or the actual doing of the above could put someone's life, job, family, etc. in danger (it's a big world out there, and it's not friendly), there are those that seem to get a thrill out of fucking with others.  Still, if it's not consensual it is behavior akin to real rape.  And we do not do real rape here, so be warned!

Of course there is other personal information that needs to be respected too.  Do not share PM's with others when the only INTENT is malicious gossip.  It is always best policy to ask the other person if you can share the information BEFORE sharing it.

There are always exceptions of course.  Any PM you receive that you believe violates the rules of our community should be reported to me.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 02:02:12 PM by Lois »
So much oppression in our culture is based on shame about sex: the oppression of women, of cultural minorities, oppression in the name of the (presumably asexual) family, oppression of sexual minorities. We are all oppressed. We have all been taught, one way or another, that our desires, our bodies, our sexualities, are shameful. What better way to defeat oppression than to get together in communities and celebrate the wonders of sex?
The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities

Offline ekstng
  • Freshman
  • Merits 0
Re: Basic Netiquette - aka some ways you can get banned.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 03:22:57 AM »
Thank you :)

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 508
  • That's me in the pic. I'm the tall one.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 12:00:25 AM »
I want the administrator to answer the questions completely.
Being a spam-bot will also get your account banned, Nannette.
The rumors about me are scurrilous, depraved rantings of a sick mind, and I categorically deny any sense of falsehood attributed to them.

CameronCrash99
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 08:42:27 PM »
Will swearing in a story I write get me banned? I ask this cause I just posted a story to the true stories forum and there's a fair share of swearing in it.

Also do you have to ask permission before making a post?

Offline Grumpy

• Undergrad
  • Merits 80
  • Enslavement of beauty is nature in action
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 09:18:54 PM »
Will swearing in a story I write get me banned? I ask this cause I just posted a story to the true stories forum and there's a fair share of swearing in it.

I'm sorry, but that made me laugh :)

We're writing about rape, tying people up, beating underage victims, snuff, torture, misogyny, sexual domination and slavery - I'm pretty sure swearing is okay!

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 508
  • That's me in the pic. I'm the tall one.
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 09:31:54 PM »

Um, no and no. And not to sound too lordly, but I'd love to know why you're asking. Well, no matter.

And actually, asking about swearing is less odd that some of us might think. After I became a mod I learned that I'd been reported for saying god damn on my very first day here.
The rumors about me are scurrilous, depraved rantings of a sick mind, and I categorically deny any sense of falsehood attributed to them.

CameronCrash99
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 09:49:32 PM »
Okay, thanks! Sorry if it was a stupid question, I'm quite new here lol

Offline Spade71
  • Junior
  • Merits 290
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 11:09:44 PM »
thanks for asking i was wondering the same thing about permission to post.

Offline Beater

• Senior
  • Merits 123
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2020, 02:14:26 PM »
Hi, is there any rules regarding bumping stories or topics? If not, shouldn't something be implemented?

I try to wait a bit before replying to a single comment but sometimes I feel like it might come off as rude to either the commenter or to other writers who just posted.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 02:25:05 PM by Beater »

Offline Septima
  • Freshman
  • Merits 0
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2021, 01:06:12 AM »
Thanks for the info

Offline Hjklasdf
  • Freshman
  • Merits -1
  • I Love RU!
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2022, 12:36:02 AM »
Thanks for the info.

Offline Tribeguy11

• Freshman
  • Merits -1
  • I Love RU!
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2022, 02:00:37 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Offline Littlesissy
  • Freshman
  • Merits 0
  • I Love RU!
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2022, 12:34:07 PM »
thanks for the information