Author Topic: Vile8r's Vault  (Read 8342 times)

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1103
Re: Vile8r's Vault
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2019, 05:03:53 PM »

This song was stuck in my head the other day for some reason. A beautiful song from the early '90s, written by Prince, who also sings background vocals. Martika has such a beautiful voice, this song was perfect for her.
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

SheerHose33
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2019, 02:12:18 PM »
Prince was some writer as well and we forget all the things he wrote for other artists
Great stuff such a voice she has.

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1103
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2019, 02:06:09 PM »
Carhamgrater mentioned about the first albums, etc. we had as kids. Mine was Cheap Trick: Live At Budokan. I was 13 when I bought this in the summer of 1979. Of course the big hit was 'I Want You To Want Me', but when I put this record on the turntable and this track came blasting out to start it all off, I was like 'YEAH! This is rock!"  LOL! Lots of fun back then!

I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

carhamgrater
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2019, 05:44:47 PM »
So in my opinion every music act should have an opening song and for Cheap Trick that was theirs! one of their best albums!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1103
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2019, 12:45:54 PM »

Today we're playing some Concrete Blonde. I loved these guys back in the late 80s, early 90s. Their lead vocalist Johnette Napolitano had a unique voice. Very interesting story about this song, one of my favorites from them. It's a very touching song about a woman dying of AIDS.
 It's actually a cover of a song originally written by Andy Prieboy, lead vocalist for Wall of Voodoo. He was putting the song on his 1990 debut solo album, 'Upon My Wicked Son', and it featured him doing a duet with Johnette Napolitano of Concrete Blonde. Concrete Blonde did a cover of the same song and released it on their 1990 album 'Bloodletting'. The kicker is that their album was released before Andy Prieboy's, so the cover actually came out BEFORE the original! Johnette Napolitano sang on both versions!

SheerHose33
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2019, 03:06:57 PM »
Haven’t heard them until now and I’ll check out more their stuff. Thanks for the upload.

carhamgrater
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2019, 04:11:49 PM »
Johnette's voice was truly unique and in my opinion they never got a fair shake  from Toronto radio stations!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1103
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2019, 09:49:57 PM »
Today I am giving you some Genesis. 'Ababcab' is one of my all time favorites and I can be proud to say I was able to see these guys in concert. It was way back in 1984 on the 'Mama' tour and still to this day one of my most memorable concerts. They were all such consummate professionals and Phil Collins put on a hell of a show as frontman. Their light show was just out of this world!

carhamgrater
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2019, 06:35:40 AM »
Probably one of the best album they did after Peter Gabriel left the band, Caught them at The C.N.E.  during the Invisible Touch tour- amazing band live!

darklord
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2019, 02:11:56 PM »
They put out some great music, that is for sure.

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1103
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2019, 09:11:42 PM »
Digging into the Vault I found this gem!

I loved The Outfield. A very underrated group of the 1980s, they put out some great music. Everyone knows their big hit 'Your Love', from their 1985 album, 'Play Deep', but this was my favorite song from the album.

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1103
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2019, 10:28:55 PM »

From 1979, Jefferson Starship and the hit single, 'Jane' from their album, 'Freedom At Point Zero'.  One of my favorite songs from that year. I was in Grade 9 when this came out.

carhamgrater
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2019, 06:21:38 AM »
One of their best songs before the tragedy of "We Built This City!"

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1103
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2019, 10:02:15 PM »
One of their best songs before the tragedy of "We Built This City!"
Amen to that!

SheerHose33
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2019, 05:51:31 AM »
Even Grace Slick hates that song We Built This City
Great stuff again Vile8r xxx