Author Topic: Gen X / Gen Z  (Read 1548 times)

Offline [Bubbles]

• Professor
  • Graduate
  • Merits 188
  • ...and you will know me by the trail of the Ravish
    • ...And you will know me by the trail of the Ravished...
Gen X / Gen Z
« on: September 27, 2021, 11:47:52 AM »
My current boyfriend turns 51 next week. Weird. So getting to this point in my life has been a shitshow, and never in a million years did I think I'd be dating someone almost 30 years my senior. But here we are. I never had an old guy or daddy fetish, though he is fairly well off, I didn't approach this relationship as some kind of business proposition.

In all honest we met and got together during a really rough time in both of our lives. We were both dealing with loss and internal pain. We both wanted an escape, and as many of you know I struggle with drug and alcohol addiction. But instead of getting lost in drugs I chose to get lost in a lot of sex.

That evolved into a thing. A weird thing we didn't talk about. Things just happened....

I didn't really ask to move in, it just started.
I didn't ask for a car, but I needed one he had extras so I have a car now.
The connection felt natural despite the age.

When we go out, the stares we get are gross, mean and off-putting. But I honestly don't care because we are both happy.  We can be our honest selves with each other.

All that said there are some weird things that happen when you date someone way older than you....
☮, ♥ & Sodomy

Offline [Bubbles]

• Professor
  • Graduate
  • Merits 188
Gen X / Gen Z - Blues Brothers
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 12:08:30 PM »
X/Z Blues Bros

So we were in bed Saturday morning and I was scrolling on tiktok and one of the videos had this song I'd never head but it was just a goofy tiktok with some kid doing trick shots.

But he hears the song and FREAKS OUT.  He turns to me and is like I love that movie. At this point I have no idea what he's talking about. But I guess the song is from a movie called the Blues Brothers.  He goes on and on and is just freaking out about how it's such a hilarious movie. It was so freaking cute. He telling me the story and then he like fuck it, let's just watch it. So instead of getting up we stayed in bed for another 2 hrs watching that movie. He knew almost every song, and I've never he as rd him laugh that loud. It was okay but omg is he cute when he FREAKS out about old stuff.

He loved that I'd never seen it and my first time watching it was with him. Honestly couldn't tell you what it was about because I spent most of the movie watching him recite the lines along with the tv. Adorable!

☮, ♥ & Sodomy

Offline EnabranTain

• Undergrad
  • Merits 130
Re: Gen X / Gen Z - Blues Brothers
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 03:33:54 PM »
X/Z Blues Bros

Honestly couldn't tell you what it was about because I spent most of the movie watching him recite the lines along with the tv. Adorable!

Don’t worry, the plot makes no sense. It’s just an excuse to have a wacky, music filled, rampage.
Certainly a film iconic in its era!
No one bad is ever truly bad, and no one good is ever truly good.
-Loki

More of my stories can be found at
AO3KB, or RU

Offline [Bubbles]

• Professor
  • Graduate
  • Merits 188
Re: Gen X / Gen Z - Blues Brothers
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 03:48:31 PM »
X/Z Blues Bros

Honestly couldn't tell you what it was about because I spent most of the movie watching him recite the lines along with the tv. Adorable!

Don’t worry, the plot makes no sense. It’s just an excuse to have a wacky, music filled, rampage.
Certainly a film iconic in its era!

So I found out, he's also making me watch all the star wars movies....i don't really get it but it makes him happy.
☮, ♥ & Sodomy

Offline Army of One

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 119
Re: Gen X / Gen Z
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 05:03:25 AM »
Don't worry; you'll see a lot of differences due to age between the two of you; I've noticed it with my wife and I, and our age difference is a third of yours. But you'll also find some similarities, and some differences not due to age. That's the fun part of relationships like this.

And thd Blues Brothers thing: I had heard of it, but my wife had seen it, and showed me. Just an example of differences not due to age in our case.
Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline LtBroccoli

• Undergrad
  • Merits 487
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 07:47:18 PM »
Blues Brothers, I lost count of how many times I watched that growing up.  For years it was my New Years Day tradition to watch that with breakfast.  It's such a stupid fun movie.  It's more of an excuse to have fun on film with a bunch of music legends than to make a coherent story, but it works.  Fun fact, the clerk at the end of the movie that takes the tax money was Steven Spielberg.

He's gonna show you Star Wars.  There's a lot there, but there's a reason why so many dorks and nerds love it.  It's the Hero's Journey, set in space.

If you want to see him freak out again, ask him about Animal House.  John Belushi was a comedic genius.  He played the fat guy from Blues Brothers and is in Animal House.

I'm glad to hear that you're happy and in a good place.
Always close the program you were running before exiting the holodeck

Offline [Bubbles]

• Professor
  • Graduate
  • Merits 188
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 10:35:41 PM »
Blues Brothers, I lost count of how many times I watched that growing up.  For years it was my New Years Day tradition to watch that with breakfast.  It's such a stupid fun movie.  It's more of an excuse to have fun on film with a bunch of music legends than to make a coherent story, but it works.  Fun fact, the clerk at the end of the movie that takes the tax money was Steven Spielberg.

He's gonna show you Star Wars.  There's a lot there, but there's a reason why so many dorks and nerds love it.  It's the Hero's Journey, set in space.

If you want to see him freak out again, ask him about Animal House.  John Belushi was a comedic genius.  He played the fat guy from Blues Brothers and is in Animal House.

I'm glad to hear that you're happy and in a good place.

His exact reaction....

THROWS HANDS IN AIR.

"AWWW FUCKING ANIMAL HOUSE!" (He doesn't swear a whole lot lol)
☮, ♥ & Sodomy

Offline [Bubbles]

• Professor
  • Graduate
  • Merits 188
Gen X / Gen Z - Surf Bros
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2021, 12:00:12 PM »
So him and a bunch of friends from college hang out every year or so. They like go and do stuff they haven't done since college I guess. Or makes them feel young. I don't get it, but my college experience and his were totally different. He was a Cali frat boy who spent more time outta class than in (accrding to him). Anywho it was fun watching him with his old buddies.
☮, ♥ & Sodomy

Offline Brek

• Graduate
  • Merits 40
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2021, 07:02:56 PM »
Goddamn, for a dude in his 50s he looks incredible. No wonder he snapped up someone as gorgeous as you!

Offline rhurac2

• Freshman
  • Merits 7
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2021, 07:15:57 PM »
Some things in Life can bring a smile  ;D to your face even don't understand meaning or subtexts of past generation or culture.  Glad to see you typing and laughing again Bubbles!! 

Damnit now I want watch John Belushi **grabs netflix remote and Bottle of JD**   :emot_rotf.gif:

-Rhurac