Author Topic: Pirates  (Read 3735 times)

Violator
Pirates
« on: November 21, 2006, 04:59:35 PM »
I have always wondered why it is pirates sailed on the seven seas but always came back home again , they could never stay away and kept bothering people who did not want to be bothered ,, what i cant remember is if they were always afraid of having women on board or if they were afraid of not having women on board .

If anyone can remember let me know .

Offline somedude

• Undergrad
  • Merits 2
Re: Pirates
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 05:19:30 PM »
Pirate vessels often did have a handful of women on board.  Mistresses, whores, slaves and sometimes female crewmembers.  Ships of the Brittish Royal Navy also had women on board, it's just the revisionists of the Victorian Age like to cover these little facts up.
UUUUUGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Offline Achilles

• Armed and loaded
  • Junior
  • Merits 3
  • jocks or boxers
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 07:19:54 PM »
Sinbad ROFL!
To conserve water shower with a friend.

Offline sindyloo

• Undergrad
  • Merits 11
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 08:11:57 PM »
   Yes somedude hit the nail on the head!  woman have been at sea for service to men. after all you are gone along time and when the urges come up???  well the cabin Boy was pretty hard to catch! >:D

Violator you should also know that Deanna Troi on next Gen was more than just a counselor as she helped crewmembers feel much better! ;) :emot_hot.gif:

And you left out another Famous Pirate(yes pirate) John Layfette who helped the fledgling colonists against the power of the British Navy!!

Last thing then I`ll shut my yap for a bit.   What was the only purpose that pirates or sailors wore a golden ear ring for??? 8)
Whips and Chains are SUCH......FUN!!!

Offline sindyloo

• Undergrad
  • Merits 11
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 09:54:08 AM »
    Okay then since you DID ask!! ::)   All sailors/pirates had one thing in common.  They freaking couldnt hold on to their pay when they hit port calls!  So it all went quickly to rum gambling and women(all lot like today still)  so it happened that one smart Sailor/Pirate.

Put a hole in their ear lobe then had a solid gold ring soldered in place so it had to be cut out to remove it.  This was something of eternal value to these men.   It insured a decent burial for them as they wouldnt have cash on them to pay the undertaker.

So then he would show up gather their corpse and give them a nice proper funeral and burial complete with some hired mourners.

The ear ring cut out of the deceased ear was their payment!!   Cool Huh?? 8)

Oh and you forgot a famous pirate that was really a woman!?? ;)   Think you are referring woman to being Jonahs!!  Some one comes on board and nothing but bad luck happens to you at sea.  Only way to rid yourself of it was to toss the poor person over the side! ;D

Offline sindyloo

• Undergrad
  • Merits 11
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 05:39:36 PM »
   By the way you do know that was Popeyes` fave saying dont you and we know why he was always happy with Olive Blowing him all the Time!!! ;D   Ack ack ack  "Do Me Agains Olive!?? :P

Offline sugarman
  • Sophomore
  • Merits 3
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 02:59:25 AM »
most of them couldn't swim. Amazing

Offline Achilles

• Armed and loaded
  • Junior
  • Merits 3
  • jocks or boxers
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 06:57:07 AM »
lOL @ sugerman is that true?.
To conserve water shower with a friend.

Offline sugarman
  • Sophomore
  • Merits 3
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 04:55:35 PM »
lOL @ sugerman is that true?.

I think so... history channel trivia.  :sign_isntthatspecial:

Offline sindyloo

• Undergrad
  • Merits 11
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 11:01:20 PM »
   must be true!!  My sweetguy Sugarman is very smart and knows a lot of things far above those of us mortals!! ;D :emot_kiss.gif:

Offline sugarman
  • Sophomore
  • Merits 3
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 01:54:13 AM »
Well yes... plunder and forced sex was big on list. I think they felt in a high seas storm it was better to die quickly then try to swim until they couldn't swim any further ... blub... blub... gurggle ... blub  :emot_wave2.gif:

Offline sugarman
  • Sophomore
  • Merits 3
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2006, 01:56:39 AM »
  must be true!!  My sweetguy Sugarman is very smart and knows a lot of things far above those of us mortals!! ;D :emot_kiss.gif:

Im mortal... checking..... yup mortal still  :emot_nanana.gif:

Offline sindyloo

• Undergrad
  • Merits 11
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2006, 10:28:41 AM »
  Hey Come On Sugar!!??  Was trying to build you up a bit.  you know Like A Legend in Your Mind,,Errrr that should be TIME!! (sorry)

and not only didnt the swim but they also didnt like water to bathe in or drink it either as it had those tiny things in it that made you sick! ::)   Which is why all ships in those times had barrels of grog on board(watered down Rum).

And due to the lack of bathing for all those months at sea is why all their money went to the women when they hit shore finally! :-[

They not only had stink foot but OH My GOD imagine the rest!!?? :o

wolverinefan
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 12:03:47 PM »
  By the way you do know that was Popeyes` fave saying dont you and we know why he was always happy with Olive Blowing him all the Time!!! ;D   Ack ack ack  "Do Me Agains Olive!?? :P
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!

Offline sindyloo

• Undergrad
  • Merits 11
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2006, 09:37:19 AM »
   and speaking of working girls and pirates?! ::)   Did Ya hear the one about the one eyed pirate??  Well he really liked this one working girl and had a great time with her all weekend! >:D

She was even there as his ship pulled slowly away.  And the one eyed pirate boomed happily at her!  "Hey Sweety!!  Next time we`re in your town "I`ll keep a EYE out for you!!!" ;) ::)