Author Topic: Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian  (Read 2215 times)

wolverinefan
Re: Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 05:29:50 PM »
I really didn't want to comment on this post..Being raised in a strict christian household, right next to the bible belt!! But that was just too funny. I'm a BAD BOY!!!

Oooooh!  Yes you are!
Well Emily, would you care to find out how bad?? Hmm? ;) ;) :-* >:D >:D

Offline Chaplain

• Campus Chaplain
  • Junior
  • Merits 6
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 08:11:39 PM »
I'm glad I am not a Christian Fundamentalist. They also can't argue against science. Because it would be illogical. And personally I believe God made the laws of physics, and even though he could go against them he wouldn't go against his own laws.
The highest good is like water.
Water gives life to the ten thousand things and does not strive.
It flows in places men reject and so it is like the Tao.
In dwelling, be close to the land.
In meditation, go deep in the heart.
In dealing with others, be gentle and kind.
In speech, be true.
In ruling, be just.
In business, be competent.
In action, watch the timing.

(Tao Te Ching)

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 10:25:01 AM »
No doubt that if there is a god, it would reason we were given brains for some reason.  Fundies seem more interested in beleiveing in myths than using their brains to figure stuff out on their own.

I remember telling my mom about some people I hated.  She pointed out that they were God's creations, so to hate them is to hate God.  This has kind of stuck in my head, but with an atheist twist.  All humans are part of your species, so to hate others is to hate yourself in some way.

Animals have evolved to fill ecological niches, and it can't always be determined what impact the elimination of any species might have on the world we live in.  Therefore respecting all life is a good idea.  Besides the study of animals teaches us about the world around us, and I would like to conserve what can be conserved for our future generations.
So much oppression in our culture is based on shame about sex: the oppression of women, of cultural minorities, oppression in the name of the (presumably asexual) family, oppression of sexual minorities. We are all oppressed. We have all been taught, one way or another, that our desires, our bodies, our sexualities, are shameful. What better way to defeat oppression than to get together in communities and celebrate the wonders of sex?
The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities

Offline Raymond Pist
  • Troll
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits -10
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 02:20:39 PM »
I'm glad I am not a Christian Fundamentalist. They also can't argue against science. Because it would be illogical. And personally I believe God made the laws of physics, and even though he could go against them he wouldn't go against his own laws.

Then He should have brainstormed with Sir Isaac Newton before passing some of these laws.  I'm a little pissed about the whole "gravity" thing right now. I just spent 5 hour raking leaves.  Would have prefered that they fall UP every autunm.  Just another one of god's greatest blunders, I guess.

--Ray
A good library contains something to offend everyone. But the only thing that should be universally offensive to all people are threats of censorship. Silencing those with whom you disagree is not an argument; it's a sign that you have lost the argument, and cannot compete in the marketplace of ideas. There is no greater admission of weakness.