ravishu.com

March 26, 2017, 02:19:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Our users have posted a total of 181,776 posts.
This forum contains 12,522 topics.
We have 16,292 registered users.
Please welcome TwinkleToes, our newest member.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ravishment Munches - California and elsewhere  (Read 2644 times)
Lois
Dean
Masters Degree

Merits 296

« on: May 08, 2008, 09:57:12 PM »

The Munch is one of many BDSM traditions. They are usually held in a coffee shops or cafes so that like minded folks can meet to have fun talk over coffee and/or make connections. Extreme fetish clothing is discouraged so that the mundanes aren't terrified.

Within BDSM there are many fetishes. There are, for instance, the Pony Play and Leather boys, and some groups even have their own Munches.  So why not us?

Several folks on another board have expressed interest in setting up a Southern California Ravishment Munch. I put out the word on RavNet (a yahoo group) and found some folks that are interested there also. Some also expressed interest in setting up a Ravishment Munch in Northern California.

So if you are interested in joining either of the California Munches being organized, let me know! Also feel free to let everyone know if you'd like to start a Ravishment Munch in your area.

Play safe!

So much oppression in our culture is based on shame about sex: the oppression of women, of cultural minorities, oppression in the name of the (presumably asexual) family, oppression of sexual minorities. We are all oppressed. We have all been taught, one way or another, that our desires, our bodies, our sexualities, are shameful. What better way to defeat oppression than to get together in communities and celebrate the wonders of sex?
The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities
RopeFiend
Dean
Masters Degree

Merits 231

only a Dean for tech help

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 02:05:01 PM »

And if you're planning on having a munch, let us know and we can toss the event and a map link in the calendar.  All we're using the calendar for at the moment is birthdays and US national / christian holidays, so we might as well DO something with it.  Smiley

Lemme know where it's at and I'll build up a Google Maps link.  If you know the area, PLEASE double-check the map 'cos Google can be off by up to a couple of blocks, which gets really frustrating.  Here in Dallas it's almost always off by at least a block, sometimes it's off by a whole cityRoll Eyes

Lois
Dean
Masters Degree

Merits 296

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 04:50:20 PM »

Hey RF, is there a mod that will allow repeating event days on our Calendar, like every Tuesday?

So much oppression in our culture is based on shame about sex: the oppression of women, of cultural minorities, oppression in the name of the (presumably asexual) family, oppression of sexual minorities. We are all oppressed. We have all been taught, one way or another, that our desires, our bodies, our sexualities, are shameful. What better way to defeat oppression than to get together in communities and celebrate the wonders of sex?
zany2some2
Junior

Merits 28

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 05:37:38 PM »

Wish we were on the West Coast... however, here we are in mundane midwest <sigh>

Sticks and stones may break my bones
but whips and chains excite me!
jstwndring
Junior

Merits 11

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 05:53:04 PM »

I think this is a great idea!   Can i get some more info on the southern california munch......thanks
RopeFiend
Dean
Masters Degree

Merits 231

only a Dean for tech help

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 07:18:05 PM »

There's a bunch of 'em.  Check Darkheart's master list here:
http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=11019.msg63100#msg63100
Without looking, there's probably 5 or 6 between San Diego and LA of different persuasions.

We have several members down that way, probably need to start a separate list for 'em if y'all want to start one that's 'forced'.

With sites disappearing off of the 'net right and left, I figured I'd keep a local copy of Darkheart's list.

edit: I updated that post to include a great source for UK munches, too!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:20:08 PM by RopeFiend » Logged

orod209

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 06:53:38 PM »

Are there any upcoming munchies in Norcalif cumming up?
Lois
Dean
Masters Degree

Merits 296

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 11:20:17 PM »

Are there any upcoming munchies in Norcalif cumming up?

Sure.  I'd check the Society of Janus' calendar for the most up to date list.

http://soj.org/calendar/

otk4unme
Campus Visitor

Merits 1

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 07:04:37 PM »

Evil I would be more than happy to spank you, I am in Laguna where are you?  Evil

Jim
Lois
Dean
Masters Degree

Merits 296

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 09:37:09 AM »

I've moved to Arizona.

DrDiscrete
The Joke Man
Graduate

Merits 48

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 03:46:48 PM »

Jackson, Ms.      
jmunch@yahoogroups.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: