Author Topic: Schedule a chat.  (Read 17025 times)

Offline the_lecher

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 83
  • There is no safe place.
    • www.myspace.com/lecherlingam
Schedule a chat.
« on: February 20, 2008, 12:45:30 AM »
There's been a lot of attention paid to the chat room in recent weeks, and a lot of work put into it as well (Thank you, Emily and RopeFiend.).  And still it sits empty most of the time.

I don't think that this is for a lack of interest, either.  On more than one occasion, as I have been reading the posts late at night, I have seen that there was some poor, solitary soul pining away in the chat room alone.

So I said to myself, "Self, why isn't there a thread where people can try to set up a chat for a time when they know they will most likely be online?"

And I replied to myself, "Well, there probably is a thread like that somewhere."

"Have you seen one?"

"No.  I just sort of assumed that there must be one."

"Well, you know what we say about assumptions."

"Mother of all fuck ups?"

"That's right."

"So what do we do about it?"

"Well, start a thread, of course."

"Oh.  Okay."
I must strip you down and bare your soul, so that you may bear my soul!

Offline the_lecher

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 83
  • There is no safe place.
    • www.myspace.com/lecherlingam
Re: Schedule a chat.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 09:28:46 PM »
For example:

I think it likely that I will be online Sunday night (3-2-08), probably around 21:00 (9pm) Eastern Standard Time.  If I happen to see that someone is in the chat room about that time, I will almost certainly stop in to say hello.

Others who are online at other times could, and who may be inclined to use the chat room, could post info on when they expect to be around, and interested parties could try to meet up with them at those times.  The more people who post about their availability, the more likely that the chat room will finally see some regular use.
I must strip you down and bare your soul, so that you may bear my soul!

Offline RopeFiend

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 236
  • only a Dean for tech help
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 09:56:42 PM »
And I'm still trying to find (and fix) whatever got buggered with the "Who's in Chat" mod when I updated the video embed thingie.  You'll have an easier time when you can see someone's already there.

I may try to uninstall it and re-install it, but I need to do Yet Another backup of the source files 'cos it's buried somewhere in there... well, and I don't want to change any of the system files while folks are ON the forum!  It'd be rude, particularly if I take the forum down for a bit.  Best-guess ETA for the fix is Thursday or Friday.

Offline RopeFiend

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 236
  • only a Dean for tech help
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 05:04:42 PM »
OK, it looks like I found why the Who's In Chat disappeared, and it's fixed again.  That ought to make life a bit easier for the folks that want to use Chat... you can immediately see that someone's there from the board index.

The top menu bar will show the number of people in Chat.  Your 'Personal Menu' at the top will show names, as will the 'Users Online' section at the bottom of the board index.

Offline Strapwelder

• Undergrad
  • Merits 19
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 09:49:01 AM »
New to this page, when I saw that chat was available here I thought it was great. Thanks for thinking about the feature, looking forward to chatting with other members in the future.

Offline zany2some

• Sophomore
  • Merits 34
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 08:54:13 AM »
Using chat is a wonderful way to network and make friends, which is never a bad thing.  Also, with the availability to make private rooms some very nice, nasty things can go on.  We have always been very fond of chats.  Hope to see you there!
"Run for your life from any man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another--their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."
Ayn Rand   "Atlas Shrugged"

Offline lupamannara

• Junior
  • Merits 9
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 06:48:13 PM »
Well, I think I'm going to hang out in the chat for a bit right now and see if anyone shows up...

Offline Pideaux

• Freshman
  • Merits 4
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 12:27:20 PM »
I obviously haven't been paying much attention to things on the site yet, I didn't even know there was a chat :P Especially on days like today I'd love to chat it up with a few peoples *thumbs up* I'm usually around from about 10am-2pm EST XD

Offline jimmy101

• Freshman
  • Merits 1
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 05:21:42 PM »
hey im up for a chat anytime after 10

Offline darkness

• Junior
  • Merits 4
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 08:11:40 AM »
well it looks like the chat room thread is solved.... --pat's your back---
Rape.....my antidrug

Offline JOHN1445
  • Freshman
  • Merits 1
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 11:42:14 AM »
would like to chat

Offline Daddyslilslut
  • Freshman
  • Merits 3
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 07:23:03 PM »
I'm very much looking for some friends to chat with here. Please just drop me a line and I'll meet you here to play :D

Offline Tinkerbell

• Professor
  • Graduate
  • Merits 333
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 12:11:15 AM »
I used to go in the chat room a lot, like, when I wanted to be alone. I knew that no one was going to molest, um, I mean BOTHER me. So now, I don't go there so much...

Love,

Jamie

Offline BigCummer4U
  • Undergrad
  • Merits 32
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 08:03:13 AM »
I've been disappointed with chat.  Just for kicks, I'll check to see whose on (sometimes as many as 10 members) and then sign into CHAT1 or CHAT2 and wait.  I've only been joined in chat twice and one time it was good ol' Swashbuckler. 

Offline SeanJulian

• Sophomore
  • Merits 6
  • This is my look when I want something from you.
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2011, 02:54:28 PM »
Hardly anyone in the chat rooms, hope this changes as its a great feature.