Author Topic: What does friendship mean?  (Read 4460 times)

Offline menndebi

• Senior
  • Merits 2
Re: What does friendship mean?
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2007, 12:43:24 AM »
I do not know fully what is going on, just replying to what I have read.  I have not read all of the thread as I mentioned before.  This is just my input.

When I have close friends that are male and female and they become involved and they break up, I remain friends with them...both of them.

Now when I am with a friend and introduced to someone and find they get on my nerves, I do not expect my friend to end their friendship with them because I do not get along with them...and vice versa.

They also know that I will not lie for them to get them out of trouble(murder, stealing, etc) I am not going to jail for no body!

When I moved here, bf and his daughter in law were seriously butting heads.  I met and like his daughter in law as well as the rest of his family.  He kept saying what a fuciking ding-bat she is and she just 'does not have a fucking clue'.  She is that but I still like her.   He kept saying, it is all going to come to a head and wanted me to side with him.  I told him "I love you and like your daughter in law alot.  But DO NOT ask me to take sides or try to put me in the middle of this. This is between you and daughter in law.  I am not taking sides!"

Same goes with my friends.  I may not do what they do, have the same religion is, drink, etc.  But if I have a friendship with them and want me to take sides..no.  I will not get in the middle of their disputes.  They have to work them out their selves.  If someone harasses me to the point where they give me an ultimatum of either "them or me" it will be both.   would watch tv and see to guys fighting over one girl and she is standing nearby watching and enjoying this.  Not me.  If two men turn to violence to 'win me', then I do not want either one of them.

I will support my friends in whatever decisions they make, be proud of their accompishments, be there when they need a shoulder to cry on and an ears for listening, and love them for who they are.  
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 12:49:06 AM by menndebi »
*~*~*Deb*~*~*

Accept people for who they are, Never judge a book by its cover, Respect others and others will respect you.

Offline mikki

• Junior
  • Merits 7
  • Are you looking down my blouse?
    • 64 Shades Of Grey
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2007, 12:44:02 AM »
now baby, you Know that i Am your friend- and i Know you have Never treated me with Anything But Courtesy and Respect, unlike So Many Others i have met. i Hate t that you're having a bad time. i only wish i Knew what to say. i'm oblivious to Most of what you're talking about, although i once recieved a message asking if  had ever had problems with you. i replied that i most certainly had not and pretty much, that was the end of that.

i Think that there is more to this story than meets the eye...
i'll Be here for you no matter When Where or How.

You have My word on That.

Love,

mikki
OK.. Since we're going to drag this shit all out into the open (thanks agaian ynyn..What a pal..) That's ok..Cause I never got to tell my side of the story anyway..Tried that once..Got me banned for 3 days..Yeah you can call me Raymond jr..Everyone knows I'm a troublemaker..But lets get real then shall we?? Everyone knows my tale with a certain memeber on the board..I'll not mention her name (why I have no idea, Everyone knows anyway..) But she hurt me BADLY..Not fake, not fantasy..REAL..She was talking about marrying me and having me a son..To make this God aweful story short she played with my emotions and kicked me to the curb..Bleeding badly I looked to my "So-called" friends and was basically stonewalled..Every single one of my closest friends turned on me..Now several friends (Because I am a friend they will remain nameless) have even Pm me and told me that they were sorry about not believeing me, and they've found out something I said were true)..But does it stop..NO..MY friends still treat her like the cats meow..My male friends take great pride in shoving her in my face knowing how badlys she's hurt me..and the ladies are just as bad by coddling her..I though friendship meant something..I guess I was wrong..
   So yes I do warn my male friends of what she done to me..I don't want to see my friends get hurt. (and let me tell you something ynyn..I fight for my friends so say what you will. ) And Jasmine ThckBlk10 is a true friend..A real friend that I've know most of my life..We grew up together..I know he wouldn't do anything to hurt you..The arguement I get from everyone on this is "she'll hang herself eventually  by doing it again." My reply to that is isn't my word and friendship enough..She  has to hurt someother poor slob before anyone listens..I don't want her banned..I don't care what she does..I just wish my friends would have stood by me and respected my feelings..IF it was done to one of you..Do you really think for one minute that I would be thier best friend. IF so you don't know me very well.
    But its ok..Wolverinefan is about done..You appearantly don't give a rat's ass for me or my feelings..So if I'm fucking up the karma around here I can bow out gracefully..Tom..I'm not going to lie..You hurt brother..Out of every online friend I've know you the longest..We supported each other on another site and even was there for each others first stories..Jasmine I wouldn't have believed it..ynyn. I haven't know as long but I thought the *comedy club* was strong..Thanks for showing me the true meaning of friendship..I know a lot of you won't see it my way..Most of you have never even tried..I've given you guys everything I've had since I've been on these sites..My support, my friendship, and my passion..So as you all say..keep having your FUN at my expense..I hope you all have a great time..

all i really want to hear out of you is 'Yes Ma'am'." I play lots of places... but i live at 64 Shades Of Grey

wolverinefan
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2007, 01:07:26 AM »
 Thanks Mikki..At least someone will stand with me..

tom8517
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2007, 04:26:43 AM »
well, Wolfie, you finally pissed me off. I'm sick and tired of you're whining that I've betrayed you or spit in your face. You're behaving like a spoiled child. Do you really think you are the only one here who has had a relationship end badly?

You have made it very plain that your idea of friendship is using your existing friends as weapons to hurt a third party. Because someone hurt you you insist that eveyone else who knows you sever all contact with this person. That is not friendship. Trying to use your friends that way is childish, wrong, and frankly a little twisted.

As for your friend TB10, don't lecture me "on having someone's back" I've been in situations a bit more intense than online chat rooms, and never let anyone down.

Just let it go, you're embarrisng yourself

Offline AAAMelbGuy

• Jack of all trades - Professor of none! :)
  • Senior
  • Merits 0
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2007, 06:39:26 AM »
*wanders in singing*

Never knew I could feel like this
Like I've never seen the sky before
I want to vanish inside your kiss
Every day i'm loving you more than this
Listen to my heart, can you hear it sings
Telling me to give you everything
Seasons may change, winter to spring
But I love you until the end of time

Chorus:
Come what may
Come what may
I will love you until my dying day

Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place
Suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace
Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste
It all revolves around you
And there's no mountain too high
No river too wide
Sing out this song I'll be there by your side
Storm clouds may gather
And stars may collide
But I love you until the end of time

Oh, come what may, come what may
I will love you, I will love you
Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place

*reads through posts......*  *sigh*  Wanders off again.....

wolverinefan
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2007, 09:21:54 AM »
well, Wolfie, you finally pissed me off. I'm sick and tired of you're whining that I've betrayed you or spit in your face. You're behaving like a spoiled child. Do you really think you are the only one here who has had a relationship end badly?

You have made it very plain that your idea of friendship is using your existing friends as weapons to hurt a third party. Because someone hurt you you insist that eveyone else who knows you sever all contact with this person. That is not friendship. Trying to use your friends that way is childish, wrong, and frankly a little twisted.

As for your friend TB10, don't lecture me "on having someone's back" I've been in situations a bit more intense than online chat rooms, and never let anyone down.

Just let it go, you're embarrisng yourself
 Well I'm burying the hatchet..IT might still be in my back, but oh well..I'm done..Thanks once again to all of my friends.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 09:52:54 AM by wolverinefan »

Jasmine
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2007, 09:50:57 AM »
 And Jasmine ThckBlk10 is a true friend..A real friend that I've know most of my life..We grew up together..I know he wouldn't do anything to hurt you..

Jasmine, I wouldn't have believed it.

I don't understand what it is that you wouldn't have believed.  Is it that I asked this question? "If I understand this, you guys are telling me that if I told Wolvie that ThckBlk10 hurt me, that Wolvie would sever ties with ThckBlk10? Is that right?"

Your response:  And Jasmine ThckBlk10 is a true friend..A real friend that I've know most of my life..We grew up together..I know he wouldn't do anything to hurt you. 

If I read this  correctly, you have a "real" friend as opposed to what an online friend? Are you saying that you would not support me? You wouldn't sever ties with him.  I would hope not.  I asked the question to get you to think about what you are doing in personal terms.  What you would do if faced with the same situation...Just think about it.

We all can be friends without having to agree all the time. You aren't too willing to say that you would give up your "real" friend if he hurt someone.  Think about that Wolvie.

No one here wants to hurt you.

wolverinefan
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2007, 10:04:56 AM »
Jasmine..Your quite the lady..I'd never do anything to hut you..What I was referring to is I wouldn't have believed that you wouldn't back me, but Hey, everythings fine..Wolverinefan is just not walking around with blinders on anymore..Since I'm EMBARRASING myself as Tom so firmly stated..I'm going to be the bigger man and swallow my pride once again, and go on..But I'm not the man that I was..I have seen both the good and bad sides to these sites now. Eveyone else having "Fun" at someones expense, and I'm called twisted..
    I'm getting started again and I don't want to do it..So I'll say sorry to everyone I've inconvienced in any way..
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 06:21:49 PM by wolverinefan »

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2007, 10:49:56 AM »
Give yourself time Wolvie.  Forgive and move on, let it go.  Feeling like this is not good for you or anyone else.  I know that you are a terrific wonderful person that can offer the right woman everything she ever wanted.

Best to concentrate on your search for Mrs. Right.  You are smarter about the ways of the 'net now, and more prepared.  So go get 'em tiger!
So much oppression in our culture is based on shame about sex: the oppression of women, of cultural minorities, oppression in the name of the (presumably asexual) family, oppression of sexual minorities. We are all oppressed. We have all been taught, one way or another, that our desires, our bodies, our sexualities, are shameful. What better way to defeat oppression than to get together in communities and celebrate the wonders of sex?
The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities