Author Topic: A drunken "yes" is rape?  (Read 2233 times)

Offline PRED8HER

• Undergrad
  • Merits 27
  • A Dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste.
    • Xtreme Theater! A great place to buy Rape movies!
Re: A drunken "yes" is rape?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 07:10:42 PM »
Sorry, I didn't actually forget that element, just didn't reiterate it. And I agree with you Eevilj. I wasn't stating my opinions there, just what the article was saying. If a woman consents to sex, or even initiates it in some cases, it is never rape. No matter how much she had to drink or what drugs she took (of her own accord of course).
A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste!

tzofosho
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2007, 06:00:45 AM »
i have to agree this is fucking stupid, what happened to self control?  If you can't control what you do when you drink, then don't drink rape being something you NEVER wanted to happen, not a situation where you had a sex and regretted it in the morning.  The issue of whether or not the man is drunk isn't even an issue to me, being drunk doesn't stop you from saying no, i've been shut down by plenty a drunk girl...this is just total b.s. to me, stupid shit.  I know i'm just echoing other's sentiments, but just thought i'd throw in my two cents.

Offline aap
  • Freshman
  • Merits 1
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2007, 08:32:03 AM »
i have to agree this is fucking stupid, what happened to self control?  If you can't control what you do when you drink, then don't drink rape being something you NEVER wanted to happen, not a situation where you had a sex and regretted it in the morning.  The issue of whether or not the man is drunk isn't even an issue to me, being drunk doesn't stop you from saying no, i've been shut down by plenty a drunk girl...this is just total b.s. to me, stupid shit.  I know i'm just echoing other's sentiments, but just thought i'd throw in my two cents.
u r right man.......

Offline PRED8HER

• Undergrad
  • Merits 27
  • A Dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste.
    • Xtreme Theater! A great place to buy Rape movies!
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2007, 08:53:26 PM »
I just rewatched 'Knocked Up'. I didn't realize the first time that he had actually 'raped' her.
A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste!

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2008, 10:40:52 PM »
I just rewatched 'Knocked Up'. I didn't realize the first time that he had actually 'raped' her.

LOL!  But in the movie he's the one that didn't remember having sex.  So maybe she raped him?
So much oppression in our culture is based on shame about sex: the oppression of women, of cultural minorities, oppression in the name of the (presumably asexual) family, oppression of sexual minorities. We are all oppressed. We have all been taught, one way or another, that our desires, our bodies, our sexualities, are shameful. What better way to defeat oppression than to get together in communities and celebrate the wonders of sex?
The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities