Author Topic: the DNA factor  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Raymond Pist
  • Troll
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits -10
the DNA factor
« on: November 27, 2006, 05:27:26 PM »
This, a portion of a respone to another one of my posts elsewhere on the board, deserved it's own thread, in my humble opinion.

the DNA factor
We've just passed through an historic window:  From the time when DNA was never used to try to catch an alleged rapist, to a time when DNA is always used to catch an alleged rapist. While passing through that window, hundreds, perhaps thousands of rapists were tripped up by a simple, straightforward question:  "If you never had sex with her, how did your DNA get inside of her?"  Case Closed.

Now, you couldn't catch a retarded rapist with alzheimers with that question.  DNA proves so conclusively and so easily whether sex took place or not, that the only question that remains is "was the sex consentual".  Whether or not sex took place between any two people is a question barely worth asking anymore, the answer to which is no longer an unknown variable.

In other words, all accused rapists, if they say they didn't have sex with her but did, are guilty.  If they say they didn't have sex with her, and didn't, they are innocent.  Unless a rapist is arrogant enough (or foolhardy enough) to risk his case on the belief that he has thoroughly removed all of his DNA from the crime scene, his only practical defense if he knows that he did, in fact, have sex with his accuser is "she consented".; leaving the prosecution to prove that she did NOT consent.

This new "style" of trying rape cases makes for a kinder, gentler rapist, committing kinder, gentler rapes.  even bruises count against him in court.  The new rules of rape dictate that he must not beat, strangle, stab, or shoot his victim.  Refraining from leaving his mark in these ways is crucial to his "she consented" defense.  If there are no witnesses, no videotape, then it comes down to his word against hers.

Even if they were strangers, the issue is still consent.  As long as women anywhere sleep with men they just met, the consent factor remains relevant, even in stranger-rape cases.   This of course, necessitates the erasure of antiquated "rape shield" laws, since the prosecutor's best tool in such a case is "she would never sleep with a man she just met".  (If she DOES have a history of doing that,  well, there's still a certain measure of justice involved, since handing down a lengthy prison sentence to a man to pay for what she routinely gives away for free doesn't seem right, in the minds of most sane people, even if they sympathize with her right to choose to say no to this particular man.)

This brings us to a unique point in the history of rape: 
From here on out, nearly all rape cases will be of the "he-said; she-said" variety. 
And nearly all "he-said; she-said" rape cases contain "reasonable doubt".
And "reasonable doubt" is the standard for setting the accused rapist free.
THEREFORE, no more putting guys in prison for raping hott chix!
Whooo Hooooo!

Oh, there'll still be the odd psycho who can't resist beating and murdering his victim, even if it means sacrificing his own life to do so.  And there'll be the odd "rape caught on tape" that proves to a jury that there was no consent.  But other than that, the landscape of rape is fast a-changin'.

Yes, the DNA factor, with it's "kinder, gentler" but unprosecutable rapes, should be a good deal for all.
Men get all the sex they want, and women get to relax and enjoy their rapes, free in the assumption that they will not be beaten, mutilated, or murdered.  A very fair trade-off, some would say.

But even now, some misguided judges are trying to rectify what they see as an injustice, by "legislating from the bench".  They are taking the drastic measure of ridding their courtroom of the "reasonable doubt" defense in the rape cases that come up before them, dropping the standard to "preponderance".  As in "If you believe him, vote not guilty, but if you believe her, vote guilty."   This of course is an insane standard, and must not be tolerated!   Prisons are not big enough to hold all the male victims of newly empowered women who MIGHT be telling the truth when they cry rape!

So remember, jurors, "If you didn't see him do IT,
You must AQUIT!!!!!"

---Ray
A good library contains something to offend everyone. But the only thing that should be universally offensive to all people are threats of censorship. Silencing those with whom you disagree is not an argument; it's a sign that you have lost the argument, and cannot compete in the marketplace of ideas. There is no greater admission of weakness.

Offline TakeMeGrl

• Puritanical Editor
  • Undergrad
  • Merits 3
    • Take Me
Re: the DNA factor
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 01:44:25 PM »
"This of course, necessitates the erasure of antiquated "rape shield" laws, since the prosecutor's best tool in such a case is "she would never sleep with a man she just met".  (If she DOES have a history of doing that,  well, there's still a certain measure of justice involved, since handing down a lengthy prison sentence to a man to pay for what she routinely gives away for free doesn't seem right, in the minds of most sane people, even if they sympathize with her right to choose to say no to this particular man.)"

"Yes, the DNA factor, with it's "kinder, gentler" but unprosecutable rapes, should be a good deal for all.
Men get all the sex they want, and women get to relax and enjoy their rapes, free in the assumption that they will not be beaten, mutilated, or murdered.  A very fair trade-off, some would say
. "

It amazes me how many of your posts leave me shaking my head and willing myself to calm down.  lol.
Scientia est potentia - Knowledge is power

Offline Raymond Pist
  • Troll
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits -10
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 03:37:45 PM »
"This of course, necessitates the erasure of antiquated "rape shield" laws, since the prosecutor's best tool in such a case is "she would never sleep with a man she just met".  (If she DOES have a history of doing that,  well, there's still a certain measure of justice involved, since handing down a lengthy prison sentence to a man to pay for what she routinely gives away for free doesn't seem right, in the minds of most sane people, even if they sympathize with her right to choose to say no to this particular man.)"

"Yes, the DNA factor, with it's "kinder, gentler" but unprosecutable rapes, should be a good deal for all.
Men get all the sex they want, and women get to relax and enjoy their rapes, free in the assumption that they will not be beaten, mutilated, or murdered.  A very fair trade-off, some would say
. "

It amazes me how many of your posts leave me shaking my head and willing myself to calm down.  lol.

That reminds me, I've been meaning to have a T-shirt printed up with the following slogan (something I may have seen around here somewhere, but I'm not sure):
CALM DOWN!
LET'S NOT TURN THIS RAPE
INTO A HOMOCIDE!
[/color]
A good library contains something to offend everyone. But the only thing that should be universally offensive to all people are threats of censorship. Silencing those with whom you disagree is not an argument; it's a sign that you have lost the argument, and cannot compete in the marketplace of ideas. There is no greater admission of weakness.

Offline TakeMeGrl

• Puritanical Editor
  • Undergrad
  • Merits 3
    • Take Me
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 03:38:32 PM »
Oy!

*more head shaking*

Offline BigOrangePred

• Freshman
  • Merits 2
  • Bikes are for those who don't need 4 wheels!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 01:32:44 PM »
Just curious Ray, did you eat lead paint chips as a child?
Gots to say though its passing frightening that some of your questions, comments and observations do give me pause for thought.
Yield your body to me
    And I will please you
Yield your mind to me
    And I will enlighten you
Yield your bethrothal jewels to me
    And for a time at least, you shall be mine!

Offline Mistiq
  • Junior
  • Merits 20
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 01:49:05 PM »
First and foremost, that was funny Ray.... :emot_rotf.gif: :emot_rotf.gif: :emot_rotf.gif:

But am not the kind of person 'gentle enough to look consentual' would work well with. I am a clingy bitch. I would be the kind of victim you could never get rid of if that were the cases.

Offline Raymond Pist
  • Troll
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits -10
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 03:33:03 PM »
Just curious Ray, did you eat lead paint chips as a child?

Well, we were too poor to afford M + M's, and the paint chips were soooooo colorful!
--Ray

Offline TakeMeGrl

• Puritanical Editor
  • Undergrad
  • Merits 3
    • Take Me
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 04:20:48 PM »
lol

Offline Achilles

• Armed and loaded
  • Junior
  • Merits 3
  • jocks or boxers
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 05:07:56 AM »
lol i have never seen anyone who speaks more shit than you ray lol.

Dont worry tho its good to read.
To conserve water shower with a friend.