Author Topic: Top Gun: Maverick - Critical Success  (Read 686 times)

Offline Yukito

• Undergrad
  • Merits 130
    • Yukito's Corner
Top Gun: Maverick - Critical Success
« on: June 11, 2022, 05:47:17 PM »
And yeah, Top Gun: Maverick is a real sucess. The movie released fifteen or so days ago and racked up 635 million dollars worldwide.
Top Gun: Maverick is the sequel to the 1986's Top Gun movie, starring Tom Cruise as Pete "Maverick" Mitchell.
In this one, Cruise reprises his role as Maverick to teach fresh young pilots in the Elite Fighters School, known as Top Gun by the students.
I saw this movie on wednesday(June 8th) and I must say, the movie is AWESOME. Sound, photography, acting, aircraft scenes, everything. The movie got 4.8/5 on the theater network website in the city I live.

Did any of you see it?

Offline darklord

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 722
Re: Top Gun: Maverick - Critical Success
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 09:54:53 PM »
I thought it was an excellent film as well.  The tie ins to the original one was great.   

Tony V.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 05:15:13 AM »
I've seen "Top Gun: Maverick" twice now and it is one of the best movie I've seen in several years. There was NO Political message, NO Social Justice Warrior issues and there was enough Macho Testosterone and Adreniline fueled action to satisfy any action movie fan.

This movie closed off the plot holes in the 1986 original movie, and expanded on the lives of the characters. It was indeed heartwarming to see "Iceman" Kazansky, and I did appreciate how Val Kilmer's real life cancer fight was handled.

The best plot hole was the unnamed "Admiral's Daughter" that "Maverick" and his backseater "Goose" did an unauthorized fly over of. She's un named in "Top Gun," and her identity is revealed in "Maverick"

All in all, I'm definitely recommending this movie.

But as an Air Force Vet, I must say that ALL the training My Brother Service pilots were doing, WE do that kind of stuff EVERY day!!!

Tony V.                           :police:

Ellaluna
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2022, 08:38:17 AM »
Was a joy to watch

Offline Yukito

• Undergrad
  • Merits 130
    • Yukito's Corner
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2022, 09:32:29 PM »
Just heard that Top Gun: Maverick is close to reaching 900 million in revenue worldwide. Up to now, domestic revenue is close to 450 million.

Was a joy to watch
Sure, I enjoyed every second of it.

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1084
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2022, 10:14:16 PM »
I've seen it and loved it! It almost felt like I was back in 1986 again! It wasn't a bunch of outlandish, defying-the-laws-of-physics, over-the-top stuff, with superheroes and supervillains demolishing cities, or robots turning into spaceships and vice versa. It was just good ol' hit-the-afterburners. sit-on-the-edge-of-your-seat fun! I haven't enjoyed a movie this much in a long time!
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

Offline snathpall

• Freshman
  • Merits 6
  • I Love RU!
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2022, 10:01:36 AM »
I saw it when it first came out and enjoyed it. Most of all it gave me a higher respect for Tom Cruise. He did a scene with MIles Teller where Teller if towering over him and most stars would have themselves standing eye to eye or above the other actor. It was good to see a star be so humble and not try and outshine the other actor.