Author Topic: October 2021 Contest: "Campus Stories"  (Read 2595 times)

Offline Army of One

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 119
October 2021 Contest: "Campus Stories"
« on: September 24, 2021, 09:28:28 PM »
Voting is now open.

General Contest Rules:
  • All stories submitted between 12:00am October 1, 2021 UTC and 11:59pm October 31, 2021 UTC that fit the topic criteria will be accepted.
  • Stories can be submitted to any of the story writing boards (this excludes the Roleplay boards); non-English stories will need an English translation linked to them, which must also be in the relevant story section, in order to be accepted.
  • Stories must be started in the month stated, and listed here for submission before month's end.

So, by Millie's (90lbsofdynamite) request, I am putting up the details of this month's contest early, so that those who want it can get a head start.

So I was thinking about this month's topic. I was originally going to go with a horror theme, but then I realised the majority of stories would probably end up in Extreme, so that was backburnered. Then I thought, "What's a big thing that happens around Halloween? Mazes!" So I decided on a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure-style story. Then that seemed a bit of a broad stretch, so I've put that one back (rest assured, it'll pop up again in the future).

Then Persephone started talking about Backrooms. For those not in the know, it's a web-based ARG.

At the time, I was not in the know.

So I thought (remember I hadn't been corrected at this point), "We really haven't fleshed out much of the University's own lore. I mean, we have the pic thread, but no real stories." And I decided that would be this month's topic.

Now, I know that RU doesn't really have a lore of its own; it's just the name of the site. But we've talked about the fictitious campus in intros and the Schoolgirls of Ravishment University thread, so I think this'd be a good time to flesh out the University as an entity in its own right.

So that's this month's contest. Write a story about campus life at RU. If you're stuck for an idea, here are some things that have been talked about:
  • The old part of campus, where less than savoury types (even by our standards) lurk;
  • The university farm;
  • The student accomodations;
  • The school's exchange program with its Japanese sister.

You have between the times stated at the top to write and submit below. Again, to keep things clean here, any questions you have can be PM'd to me, and I will put answers in the next post below.

Happy writing, everyone.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 07:55:29 PM by Army of One »
Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline Army of One

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 119
Re: October 2021 Contest: "Campus Stories"
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 09:29:29 PM »
Does it have to be specific to Ravishment University?

Yes, at least a fictitious version of it. As I said above, the Schoolgirls of Ravishment University thread has given us a bit of lore to work with; all you need to do is expand upon it with a story about life at RU.

Actually, I'm going to allow a little bit of a rule bend here: you can set a story in one of the (obviously fictitious) sister schools to RU (the ones it does exchanges with). I don't think a name has been provided for the Japanese one (the thread is long; I would be here all month if I tried to look for it), and it could be safely assumed that one each exists in Germany and India (although they may just be international campuses for RU). The rest of the world is also open, if you want to set it in another country.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 04:31:48 AM by Army of One »
Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline RapeU
  • Senior
  • Merits 19
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 10:34:20 PM »
Link to the thread you mentioned please.

Offline EnabranTain

• Undergrad
  • Merits 130
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 05:54:56 PM »
This the one?
Schoolgirls of Ravishment University
http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=36419.0
No one bad is ever truly bad, and no one good is ever truly good.
-Loki

More of my stories can be found at
AO3KB, or RU

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 496
  • That's me in the pic. I'm the tall one.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 06:51:01 PM »
So, are the stories specific to RU? Or any campus-based story?
The rumors about me are scurrilous, depraved rantings of a sick mind, and I categorically deny any sense of falsehood attributed to them.

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2021, 08:58:48 PM »
It has to be on RU or one of the auxiliary college sites. I have no idea where they are, but think they are mentioned in the original post.
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!

Offline RapeU
  • Senior
  • Merits 19
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2021, 10:23:54 PM »
This month I'm going to sit this one out. Nothing to do with anything here. On September 29th my son was born with a congenital diaphragmatic hernia where there was a hole in his diaphragm and bowel was up in the chest causing a lung to not develop all the way. We knew beforehand he had it so they were able to stabilize him and get the surgery he needs. He's still in the NICU. So things are pretty busy around here. But he's doing well so that's good.

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2021, 09:13:00 AM »
This month I'm going to sit this one out. Nothing to do with anything here. On September 29th my son was born with a congenital diaphragmatic hernia where there was a hole in his diaphragm and bowel was up in the chest causing a lung to not develop all the way. We knew beforehand he had it so they were able to stabilize him and get the surgery he needs. He's still in the NICU. So things are pretty busy around here. But he's doing well so that's good.

All my best hopes, all my prayers, for everything to work out best, and a hug for you from Jo and I.

Offline LtBroccoli

• Undergrad
  • Merits 483
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2021, 10:38:05 AM »

All my best hopes, all my prayers, for everything to work out best, and a hug for you from Jo and I.

I hope things work out for you.  Sounds like you've got a tough little fighter on your hands.  Good luck.
Always close the program you were running before exiting the holodeck

Offline EnabranTain

• Undergrad
  • Merits 130
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2021, 06:02:43 PM »

Best wishes for smooth sailing from here on! That’s definitely where you should be spending your time!
No one bad is ever truly bad, and no one good is ever truly good.
-Loki

More of my stories can be found at
AO3KB, or RU

Offline Petite99S

• Senior
  • Merits 45
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2021, 03:18:37 PM »

Oh no. My prayers go to your family's little new bundle and his speedy recovery. I can't imagine how stressful things are right now.... 
Here's to Good people, good nights, Good highs, good health. Some tears, some stress. But I count my blessings. Here's to Good music, great sex. Little time to feel alive. Little time to get it right

Offline LtBroccoli

• Undergrad
  • Merits 483
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2021, 11:15:35 PM »
Dr. Roofie’s Advanced Biochem Class (M+F+, gang, drugs, oral, anal). This story is an audit of one of the myriad classes offered at Ravishment University.  Advanced Biochemistry teaches how chemicals interact with the human body, and how to predict and control their outcomes.  Enjoy.
Always close the program you were running before exiting the holodeck

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2021, 11:22:13 AM »
I have two different stories outlined for this story. I have written the start and finish of one (leaving the middle to be written) and the start of the other. But not sure I can get either one of them done in time, much less combine them (which is what I want) and make one story from them. Damn!

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 496
  • That's me in the pic. I'm the tall one.
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2021, 11:41:48 PM »
I'm assuming this meets the requirements for this month. I actually resurrected a very old fantasy that never got into written form and made it work here, so bravo in helping me clear out the old attic.

I present: Getting into RU.
The rumors about me are scurrilous, depraved rantings of a sick mind, and I categorically deny any sense of falsehood attributed to them.

Offline Army of One

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 119
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2021, 09:04:20 AM »
I noticed halfway through the month that we were probably going to have a lower than usual turnout, so I'll throw my hat in the ring this month.

The Tour (A Company-Sponsored Tale)