Author Topic: Three Of A Kind Music  (Read 2513 times)

Offline darklord

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 734
Re: Three Of A Kind Music
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2021, 08:11:10 PM »
Women of rock.  Powerful vocals, and driving music.

Laura Branigan.  "Self Control"  Best known for "Laura" in the disco 80s, She left us too early.

Amy Lee. The most amazing voice I have ever heard.  The front person for Evanescence.  Her voice is clearly on display in "Lithium"

Anne Lennox.  Another amazing voice.   Part of the duo known as the Eurythmics, she branched out on her own and laid down some amazing tunes.  "Why" is from her breakthrough "Diva" album.

SheerHose33
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2021, 05:39:30 AM »
Great stuff and I do like 70s Elton John, and as for women of rock, Evanescence are one of my later teenage heros.

Annie Lennox was amazing too and loved Laura Brannigan’s Self Control.

So it’s Monday( though, bank holiday here)  and I could just play the Bangles again but it’s been done on this thread so three songs with Monday in the Title
Apart from Manic Monday.

So First up and their most famous track, The Boomtown Rats with Bob Geldof
Tell Me Why I Don’t Like Mondays a deep track about a school shooter perhaps very ahead of it’s time lyrically

Next is another classic by the Mamas And Papas.
Monday, Monday, never really embraced this as should as I have, as it’s quite good and really has that mid sixties vibe to it.

Next a classic 80s from Duran Duran, New Moon On Monday. Very catchy.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 09:14:33 AM by Jessica_33 »

Offline darklord

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 734
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2021, 06:47:32 AM »
Great Monday songs, Jessica. Love all 3

Offline darklord

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 734
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2021, 09:12:10 AM »
Trail of The Eagles.

1968. After the breakup of Buffalo Springfield a new band was formed, called Poco.  Singer and bass player Randy Meisner was added to the lineup.   First major hit was “A Good Feeling To Know”

In L A about the same time singer Linda Ronstadt was touring with a new band.  Two members of her band were Glenn Frey and Don Henley.   She slays the vocals on “You're No Good.”

Don Henley and Glenn Frey left Ronstadt to form their own band.  They hired Randy Meisner and guitarist Don Felder and The Eagles were born.   “Take It Easy” set them on the path to stardom.

Tony V.
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2021, 09:53:54 AM »
I read with great sadness about Charlie Watts passing. He was the most underrated and unappreciated of the Stones. He was the most Human of the group. Signing autographs and letting folks sit at his drumset.

I cannot help but render an opinion here.

Mamma Cass Elliot should NEVER be compared to today's pop divas whom rely far too much on Schtick and Autotune. Cass Eliot, Etta Jemes, Aretha Frankiin, and Ella Fitzgerald didn't NEED Tech to sound divine. It was just them and a microphone......

Rant over, return to your normal and amazing Listening........

Tony V.                       :police:

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1100
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2021, 07:24:25 PM »
Well I am going to jump in and do Three of a Kind too.

Three of my favorite songs from Def Leppard:

Too Late For Love  (Pyromania)

Gods of War  (Hysteria)

Stagefright  (Pyromania)
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

Offline darklord

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 734
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2021, 10:11:32 PM »
Good choices, Vile8r

Offline darklord

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 734
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2021, 10:28:53 PM »
Post Beatles breakup saw the four branch out on their own.  While all four did record on their own, Ringo did less recording it seems.  Here are three of my pics from each of the other three's solo efforts.

John Lennon.  Working Class Hero.  His cynical best.

Paul McCartney is still active out there, but his first solo record of worth was "Ram"   This is my favorite from it.  "Too Many People"

George Harrison set out on his own and wind up recording with Eric Clapton, Jeff Lynne, and others.   One of my favorite and maybe less known of his is "Cheer Down" from "Lethal Weapon 2"  The late Tom Petty co-wrote this one as well.

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1100
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2021, 11:05:59 PM »
I too have always loved that George Harrison track from Lethal Weapon 2.  Good pick, darklord!
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 711
  • But would you really want her?
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2021, 12:56:48 PM »
When I get around to it, I'll write