Author Topic: May 2021 Writing Contest  (Read 1073 times)

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
May 2021 Writing Contest
« on: April 27, 2021, 03:21:59 PM »
May 2021 Writing Contest

All’s Fair in love and war.

This month’s contest is open to any length of narrative. Stories should have a beginning, middle, and end. They may be part of an overarching series, but the tale itself should be complete. I chose love and war as the theme, but really it is love and/or war, and draw from that what you will. As always, this is a guide, not a rule. The story can be erotic or not, that is up to you.

The rules are, it must original work by you, or post for another person by you. This must be the stories first posting anywhere, and you should refrain in posting else where until polling begins.  Most importantly, you must, must enjoy writing your tale.

Prompts to stir your imagination.

Despite what he/she believed, she/he never really knew what love is. Even on the battlefield, for her/him, it boiled down to sex, nothing more.

Love shouldn’t be this hard. It shouldn’t be a constant battle of wills.

He/she was damaged more emotionally than physically. No one understood that, no until her/him.

Again they are prompts, not elements that MUST be included, though you may use them.
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
Re: May 2021 Writing Contest
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 10:01:21 AM »
So, I hope our participation is greater on this go round.
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!

carhamgrater
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 01:08:16 PM »
Sorry about last month, wasn't really into do a rewrite! But this month I present a story set back in August 1973 about a returning Vietnam vet returning home just as a Vietnamese family is to be housed. Does it led to happiness?...

Not In My Neighbourhood

http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=49260.0

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 507
  • That's me in the pic. I'm the tall one.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 10:23:13 PM »
Eh. Love, war, sex, fairness. It's all just there. If two compatible people can stumble into each other, isn't that enough?

Not Exactly Chivalrous
The rumors about me are scurrilous, depraved rantings of a sick mind, and I categorically deny any sense of falsehood attributed to them.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 109
  • Professor of Consensual & Sensual Erotica 101
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 12:02:45 PM »
I submit my May story with one Caveat. I've said it in the past, I don't write sex stories; I write stories that feature sex. Not to mention everyone comes to RU to read rape fantasy, and my tales are consensual.

All right, that in mind, I want to say this is a "possibly supernatural" tale [meaning you have to decide what's going on], but it's also the longest single story I've ever posted. Normally the longer a story takes effects my desire to keep going, so I have to take a break.

But I was so caught in the story writing itself that I hit like twenty-five posts extremely quickly without realizing it! And usually my more serious stories like Supernatural-themed prove to be more challenging, but this one came to me so easy.

The story is called "Cabin In The Woods 4" http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=49241.0
I'd really love to hear if my story does what I set out for it to do, possibly make you feel uneasy, weary of your surroundings, of a floorboard creaking over head, etc.
"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

"IT IS THE TALE, NOT HE WHO TELLS IT"
- Unknown