Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the Backrooms?  (Read 3404 times)

Offline Persephone (she/her)

• Sophomore
  • Merits 9
  • Hades breeds me on the town square for all to see
Anyone want to talk about the Backrooms?
« on: April 11, 2021, 06:08:55 PM »
I've been really intrigued by the backrooms as of late and haver never really found anyone else who's interested in them. Just some general conversation
/Persephone, but call me Pers

Offline Army of One

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 119
Re: Anyone want to talk about the Backrooms?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 06:44:47 PM »
This'd be the first time I've heard anyone refer to them directly. Normally I avoid that area, since some live Company stock escaped for unspecified reasons, but I'm willing to travel there with you if you wish.
Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline Persephone (she/her)

• Sophomore
  • Merits 9
  • Hades breeds me on the town square for all to see
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 09:09:06 AM »
I’ve always wanted to at least see Level 0 or Level 1. But I haven’t figured out how to get in yet.
/Persephone, but call me Pers

Offline ru1337
  • Freshman
  • Merits 0
  • I Love RU!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 02:11:55 PM »
I'll bite, what are the backrooms?

Offline Army of One

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 119
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 08:17:49 PM »
If I ever respond to your introduction posts, I refer to "the darker part of the uni campus". (I'm not the only one; Tony V does as well.) It's done in good fun, and sometimes, as in Persephone's case, they choose to run with it, something I'm more than happy to do.

But the backrooms, and just the dark part of campus, are (in RU's own shifting fiction) the abandoned areas of campus, where some less-than-savoury types permanently reside.
Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline Grumpy

• Undergrad
  • Merits 80
  • Enslavement of beauty is nature in action
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2021, 12:08:52 PM »
If I ever respond to your introduction posts, I refer to "the darker part of the uni campus". (I'm not the only one; Tony V does as well.) It's done in good fun, and sometimes, as in Persephone's case, they choose to run with it, something I'm more than happy to do.

But the backrooms, and just the dark part of campus, are (in RU's own shifting fiction) the abandoned areas of campus, where some less-than-savoury types permanently reside.

Really uncalled for. I am many things. A rapist, a sadist, a campus urban explorer, but less-than-savoury? Bro, that's just not nice! You're gonna scare away the ladies with that kind of talk. :D

Offline Army of One

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 119
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 06:36:33 PM »

Really uncalled for. I am many things. A rapist, a sadist, a campus urban explorer, but less-than-savoury? Bro, that's just not nice! You're gonna scare away the ladies with that kind of talk. :D
:emot_laughing.gif:

Offline Brek

• Graduate
  • Merits 40
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2021, 06:41:54 PM »
It strikes me that the Backrooms perhaps should have (some of) the same rules as Fight Club...

Offline EnabranTain

• Undergrad
  • Merits 130
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2021, 08:17:08 PM »
So, when I first saw this, I of course googled the Backrooms, and found this. It seems like it could be relevant.
https://backrooms.fandom.com/wiki/Backrooms_Wiki
No one bad is ever truly bad, and no one good is ever truly good.
-Loki

More of my stories can be found at
AO3KB, or RU

Offline Army of One

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 119
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2021, 06:42:32 AM »
So, when I first saw this, I of course googled the Backrooms, and found this. It seems like it could be relevant.
https://backrooms.fandom.com/wiki/Backrooms_Wiki
...I now realise that was what Persephone meant. My apologies, my dear; I did not research, or even ask.

And thanks, ET, for finding that.

Offline Grumpy

• Undergrad
  • Merits 80
  • Enslavement of beauty is nature in action
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2021, 07:40:01 AM »
I knew about that, and I still didn't make the connection. So I think you're good :)

Offline [Bubbles]

• Professor
  • Graduate
  • Merits 187
  • ...and you will know me by the trail of the Ravish
    • ...And you will know me by the trail of the Ravished...
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2021, 11:38:55 AM »
So is there a board for backrooms in RU I'm just not seeing?
☮, ♥ & Sodomy

Offline orpheal

• Freshman
  • Merits 14
  • にゃるほどう
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2021, 01:40:55 PM »

New headcanon for RU is that somewhere in the depths of the depravity of the school, if you get flung through enough closet doors you end up in a multi-level-outer dimension that's just six hundred square miles of manila yellow hallways....

Offline [Bubbles]

• Professor
  • Graduate
  • Merits 187
  • ...and you will know me by the trail of the Ravish
    • ...And you will know me by the trail of the Ravished...
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2022, 09:10:29 PM »

Sounds like somewhere I should investigate to make sure there's no riff-raff causing trouble!
☮, ♥ & Sodomy

Tony V.
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2022, 06:42:42 PM »
And I'll make sure the flashlight is shined squarely on your well rounded bottom, Sweet                  [ Bubbles ]!!!

Tony V.                     :police: