Author Topic: UPGRADE!  (Read 3825 times)

Offline Romulus

• Freshman
  • Merits 14
Re: UPGRADE!
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2021, 05:39:32 PM »
I've been through this shit twice before and have left two sites because of it! I WILL NOT post another story until it's cleaned up! If I post something and it is SPAMMED I will LOSE MY SHIT! and you can say good bye to me. ADMINS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB or you are gonna lose a lot of good members!

I've got a couple of stories that I've been anxious to post. I won't do so until after I am sure that there's  no chance of these spam bots posting in them.

Offline Eljorn

• Dean
  • Senior
  • Merits 43
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2021, 06:29:33 PM »
I've been through this shit twice before and have left two sites because of it! I WILL NOT post another story until it's cleaned up! If I post something and it is SPAMMED I will LOSE MY SHIT! and you can say good bye to me. ADMINS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB or you are gonna lose a lot of good members!

Vile8r,

First off, I wouldn't even know that this particular post of yours even existed except that dawnamber let me know about it.

Regarding the spam... for the last several days Dawn has been sending me links regarding the various spammers and if you go to their user accounts you'll find that they have all been banned, or at least all that I've been told about.

The good news is that I have just received a pm from Lois that the cleantalk module has now been installed.  This module is specifically designed to reduce and hopefully eliminate most spam.

Finally, allow me to suggest that if something is bothering you to the point that you feel the need to shout about leaving, please, please, please contact one of the administrators.

You are a valued member and the entire community would miss you.

Regards
--
Eljorn

dawnamber
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2021, 07:07:36 PM »

I've got a couple of stories that I've been anxious to post. I won't do so until after I am sure that there's  no chance of these spam bots posting in them.

Romulus  - First they are resolving the spam issues and second.. the spam isn't appearing in active stories. The stuff is appearing as new entries. So please..keep writing..I was enjoying your writing
dawn

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2021, 07:12:26 PM »

Vile8r,

First off, I wouldn't even know that this particular post of yours even existed except that dawnamber let me know about it.

Regarding the spam... for the last several days Dawn has been sending me links regarding the various spammers and if you go to their user accounts you'll find that they have all been banned, or at least all that I've been told about.

The good news is that I have just received a pm from Lois that the cleantalk module has now been installed.  This module is specifically designed to reduce and hopefully eliminate most spam.

Finally, allow me to suggest that if something is bothering you to the point that you feel the need to shout about leaving, please, please, please contact one of the administrators.

Regards
--
Eljorn
Amen and Glory Hallelujah to that. And by the way, amen isn't a sexual term, a gender term, it just a statement to express assent or approval. while Hallelujah is used to express joy.
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2021, 12:22:10 AM »
I added a shout box and an anti-spam mod.  Hopefully the first will be enjoyed and the second get rid of the spammers.

Also, hoping to get our purple them back soon.  I'm contracting a fellow to do it for us.

Please report any spam you find and I'll get rid of it asap.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 12:25:54 AM by Lois »
So much oppression in our culture is based on shame about sex: the oppression of women, of cultural minorities, oppression in the name of the (presumably asexual) family, oppression of sexual minorities. We are all oppressed. We have all been taught, one way or another, that our desires, our bodies, our sexualities, are shameful. What better way to defeat oppression than to get together in communities and celebrate the wonders of sex?
The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2021, 08:39:25 AM »

This got me laughing.  Really?  This is not a job, it's a hobby.  And folks that gripe like you are likely to be made moderator to help out.
So much oppression in our culture is based on shame about sex: the oppression of women, of cultural minorities, oppression in the name of the (presumably asexual) family, oppression of sexual minorities. We are all oppressed. We have all been taught, one way or another, that our desires, our bodies, our sexualities, are shameful. What better way to defeat oppression than to get together in communities and celebrate the wonders of sex?
The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1086
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2021, 09:49:38 AM »

Vile8r,

Regards
--
Eljorn

I did report one spammer.   I apologize for getting quite so worked up. I just have had to deal with this before, with considerably less interested admins, and it pained me to think that the awesome RU was going to fall into the same state of ruin. I have heard now
that things are in the works to remedy the issue, so that is good!  I should have directed my complaints to the admins, you are right. In the future I'll remember to do that.   Thank you for the response.
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

Offline jennifer kilmey

• Junior
  • Merits 109
  • Keep in touch! kilmey@protonmail.com
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2021, 11:07:58 AM »
 Still a work in progress I assume?  Unable to update profile.  Pics and links to stories and personal message all missing from visible profile. 
Check out my sick little stories here:
https://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=43540.0

Offline freeros

• Senior
  • Merits 117
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2021, 07:11:56 PM »
Has the "outbox" on messages disappeared, or am I just missing how to access them?
"The hero is the one who conquers the dragon. Not the one who is devoured by it. Also, he is no hero who never met the dragon, or once he saw it, declared afterwards that he had not. Only one who has risked the fight with the dragon and is not overcome by it has a genuine claim to self-confidence, for he has faced the dark ground of his self, and thereby has gained himself... Everything that menaced him from the inside he has made his own." Carl Jung

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 109
  • Professor of Consensual & Sensual Erotica 101
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2021, 08:46:39 PM »
Has the "outbox" on messages disappeared, or am I just missing how to access them?
[/quote

It's there. When you're in your Message box, click Messages. You'll get three message options including Sent messages.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 12:36:57 AM by GEMINIGUY »
"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

"IT IS THE TALE, NOT HE WHO TELLS IT"
- Unknown

Offline freeros

• Senior
  • Merits 117
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2021, 11:40:16 PM »
[/quote

It's there. When you're in your Message box, click Messages. Let get three message options including Sent messages.

Thanks! That's a big help.
"The hero is the one who conquers the dragon. Not the one who is devoured by it. Also, he is no hero who never met the dragon, or once he saw it, declared afterwards that he had not. Only one who has risked the fight with the dragon and is not overcome by it has a genuine claim to self-confidence, for he has faced the dark ground of his self, and thereby has gained himself... Everything that menaced him from the inside he has made his own." Carl Jung

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 109
  • Professor of Consensual & Sensual Erotica 101
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2021, 12:36:04 AM »
[/quote

It's there. When you're in your Message box, click Messages. You'll get three message options including Sent messages.

Thanks! That's a big help.

You're welcome!
"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

"IT IS THE TALE, NOT HE WHO TELLS IT"
- Unknown

SheerHose33
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2021, 03:20:06 AM »
I added a shout box and an anti-spam mod.  Hopefully the first will be enjoyed and the second get rid of the spammers.

Also, hoping to get our purple them back soon.  I'm contracting a fellow to do it for us.

Please report any spam you find and I'll get rid of it asap.

I didn’t like the upgrade at the start but seeing why it was needed and how close we might have been to losing all content. I applaud you Lois for looking after the community. I’m sure we will see the older aspects of RU return in good time but a big thank you for keeping the site up.

On the matter of moderators. Maybe the site does need new ones especially now with the change over.
I have people in mind as mods as there are some here that tirelessly know the site and the community inside and out and I’m sure they’d be an asset to the site.
I don’t know how this is done maybe an RU election! lol
Just a thought and thank you again for all your efforts and Eljorns technical expertise. Xx

Offline Orb
  • Junior
  • Merits 55
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2021, 03:10:55 PM »
Most of my stuff is backed up on an external hard drive, however, I would like to know if anyone has seen my stories posted elsewhere. I don't like the new look, rather a darker one, I have refrained from posting under the impression this was not the official look. I guess it is though.

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2021, 03:14:14 PM »
Most of my stuff is backed up on an external hard drive, however, I would like to know if anyone has seen my stories posted elsewhere. I don't like the new look, rather a darker one, I have refrained from posting under the impression this was not the official look. I guess it is though.

No, Lois said there is a person that is going to restore the old color scheme. I took it that it will not be instant as he has to write the code to do so.
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!