Author Topic: January 2021 Writing Competition  (Read 2814 times)

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
January 2021 Writing Competition
« on: December 25, 2020, 03:53:25 PM »
January 2021 Writing Competition

Yes, I'm putting this up early. I intend to start putting the competition up a bit before the end of the month.

Write a story between 2500 and 6000 words. Enter between the 1st day and the last day of January. It should be a complete story, you know, a beginning, middle, and end. Place make this the first posting of the story. It may be part of a larger story, as long as the tale has a beginning, middle, and end. Post the story in its proper category and post a link and a short description in this thread.

You can use any, all, or none of the following to stir your imagination. They are only prompts, not items that must be included in the contest entry.

1.   A girl or boy and her/his single father decides to camp out in the woods, sharing a small tent together. One cold night, she notices that her father has a different kind of tent for her.
2.   A girl or guy has a crush on her college psychology professor. He or she asked her or him to meet in their office to discuss recommending her or him for an important scholarship
3.   After divorcing her high school sweetheart and husband of 15 years, the woman decides she's ready to have some fun. She dresses in her sexiest outfit and heads out to a local dive bar, where she attracts the attention of sexy strangers vying for her affections.
4.   College professor accidentally locks herself out of her townhouse and ask the bad-boy biker next door for help.

Let your imagination run wild and give us the best piece you can.
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
Re: January 2021 Writing Competition
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 03:09:58 PM »
We are ten days into the new year, the month, and the current submission period, and still no submission.  :-* I may have to write something and enter!

carhamgrater
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 05:38:11 PM »
Doesn't follow any of the prompts but then I know I have no chance to get any votes! This is a little story of revenge by a store theft prevention office getting even with a female shoplifter! it's a two part completed story

http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=48703.0

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 01:45:02 PM »
Thank you for the submission. And you stand as good a chance as any other contestant in getting votes. Right now you stand the best chance since you are all alone. As to not using the prompts, I don't always use them myself and I'm the one that finds or makes them up.

Again, thank you, so much!  :emot_kiss.gif:

carhamgrater
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 02:30:27 PM »
You welcome Millie :emot_kiss.gif:
I've never (Well with the exception of the enforced time off) failed to post something in the contests and couldn't see beginning now!

i would like to think that we both agree that a contest can't be won by 'default'. Competition is needed to make it a true contest, if not then it's a null and void event!

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 02:54:41 PM »
We do and in my spare time, what little there is, I'm working on a story for this contest. I'm also working several other stories. But I have so little time, for me to write for me, I don't know if they'll every be finished.

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 05:46:29 PM »
Presenting my entry for the January Writing Contest

New tale of wonder for your approval. I call it Dianne A walk on the Wild Side. A woman about to go through a divorce has an affairs, but wait, I shouldn't give it a way.

DIANNE - A Walk on the Wild Side by Millie Dynamite

carhamgrater
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 05:50:14 PM »
Congratulations Millie, unless someone else enters you just won the contest! ;)

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2021, 05:51:42 PM »
NAW, YOU DID!

carhamgrater
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2021, 05:57:55 PM »
Sorry my new years resolution is to quit sucker betting people, or I would place odds that you beat me (No not that way- get your mind out of the gutter, mines trying to get back home! :emot_rotf.gif:)

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2021, 07:02:45 PM »
I don't gamble. Like Sky Masterson in guys and dolls, "One of these days in your travels, a guy is going to show you a brand-new deck of cards on which the seal is not yet broken. Then this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the jack of spades jump out of this brand-new deck of cards and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not accept this bet, because as sure as you stand there, you're going to wind up with an ear full of cider." later he said "Daddy, I got cider in my ear," after a bet. So, I just don't gamble.

carhamgrater
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2021, 10:01:31 AM »
What about a morality bet- who's right, you or me?

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2021, 11:37:45 AM »
Hum, with nothing involved but pride, I'd take that bet. I bet you win and I don't.

carhamgrater
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2021, 11:50:22 AM »
You're on, oh by the way congratulations on winning the bet as well as the story contest!

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2021, 12:04:41 PM »
I bet that you would win, so I can't win both.